Play Audible audiobook on Sony Walkman? It's Easy!
Q: I have purchased a Walkman MP3 play model NWZ-E385online last week. When I sync Audible audiobook files to this Sony Walkman, there is an error message that the "device certificate" can't be read. After searched this issue via Google Chrome, I know that Audible book files are encoded in protected AA/AAX format. While Sony Walkman can only support some formats (such as MP3) but not others. Is there a workaround so I can listen to Audible audiobooks on Sony Walkman?
When you add Audible books to Sony Walkman, you will also receive the same error message, since Sony Walkman can't recognize AA/AAX audiobooks directly. But sometimes listening to audiobooks on portable MP3 players has a better user experience rather than Android or iOS devices, such as doing laundry or taking exercise. So here, I will show you the effective way to make Audible audiobooks playable on Sony Walkman.
View also: How to Rip Audible Audiobooks to MP3
Part 1. Are Audible Files Compatible with MP3 Player - Sony Walkman
For the purpose of playing audiobooks from Audible.com on MP3 player, there are two common ways, respectively using Audible app or converting Audible files to a compatible format. As for the Audible app, you will discover that it's really an easy way to enjoy audiobooks. You just need to install this application and then start to download and listen to audio files from Audible on MP3 player freely. But you will find out that there are only a few MP3 players available for Audible app, including Creative MP3 Players, Sandisk MP3 Players as well as Garmin & Tom Tom GPS Devices. Unfortunately, Sony Walkman is not included in the selected devices compatible with Audible.
Besides, let's have a detailed discussion about the supported audio formats by Sony Walkman. As a matter of fact, Sony Walkman series can support a wide variety of audio formats, such as cassette, CD and other popular formats according to different Walkman devices. For Walkman MP3 player, it's compatible with the following audio files, like MP3, AAC, WMA, etc. However, Audible audiobooks are encoded in AA/AAX format with built-in DRM copyright technology.
From what we mentioned above, all of us have a clear knowledge that Audible files are not compatible with Sony Walkman and the only solution to play Audible audio books on Sony Walkman is to convert DRM AA/AAX audiobooks to Walkman supported audio formats, like MP3. Now, let's get down to the detailed approach to play Audible files on Sony Walkman.
Part 2. Audible to Sony Converter to Remove DRM AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3 for Walkman
If you are not a professional technical staff, it seems a difficult task to make protected audiobooks available on Sony Walkman by your own. Let’s turn up to the third-party Audible audiobook DRM removal software. Here, we will meet DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter, an excellent DRM cracker to converting DRM AA/AAX Audible files. With the help of this smart software, you can do three steps to remove DRM protection from Audible DRM books and convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3 with no efforts.
View also: Remove DRM from Audible Audiobooks
DRmare Audible to Sony Converter
Before you purchase this software, you can download and install the free trial version of DRmare software to test its performance. Now, you can refer to the detailed tutorial to know how it works step by step.
- Step 1Import Audible DRM audiobook files
- There are two approaches for you to add Audible protected audio files to DRmare DRM AA/AAX Converter. The common method is to touch the first "Add" button at the bottom-left corner of the main interface. Audible library will show up automatically and you can choose favorite audiobooks directly. Or you can drag and drop audio files to the main interface easily.
- Step 2Set MP3 as the output format for Sony Walkman
- Please click the "Format" option to open a new window, where you can see the format list. Sony Walkman supports MP3, AAC, WMA, and others, but I highly recommend to setting MP3 as the output format. By the way, you can also customize the playback options, like bit rate, sample rate, speed, volume, tag info, etc.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Audible files to MP3
- Once you have set everything as you expected, you can start to launch the converting process by simply touching the "Convert" tab at the bottom-right corner. The waiting time depends on how many Audible files you imported. When the converting process completes, you can locate DRM-free MP3 files on default output folder.
Part 3. How to Convert DRM-free Audible Files to Sony Walkman
Now, unprotected Audible files are saved in destination folder on your computer. The last step to play Audible audiobooks on your Walkman is to sync these Audible digital books to Sony Walkman. You can use official transferor, Media Go or Windows Media Player to achieve this syncing process. Here, taken Windows Media Player as example, I will show you how to transfer Audible audiobooks to MP3 Walkman.
Step 1. Use USB cable to connect the computer with Sony Walkman.
Step 2. Launch Windows Media Player from your desktop. Please choose the Music icon from the left-side item column.
Step 3. Import unprotected Audible audiobooks to this music folder. And then you can touch the Sync option to choose favorite files that you’d like to convert to Sony Walkman.
A few minutes later, you can enjoy and play Audible audio files on Sony Walkman without limit. Happy listening!
Video: How to Play Audible Books on Sony Walkman
Now the following video tutorial will guide you to play Audible DRM audiobooks on Sony Walkman by removing DRM from Audible AA/AAX books step by step.