Sony Walkman is a famous MP3 player designed by Sony Corporation. It provides excellent sound quality for listening to music. In addition to music, many people now also like to listen to audiobooks. The question is: is Sony Walkman compatible with Audible?
Audible, the world's largest audiobook provider, is the first choice for audiobook lovers. However, some Sony Walkman models support the Audible app and some do not. For compatible models, you can get Audible on Sony Walkman through the Audible app or Audible Manager. For incompatible models, we have also found a solution for you. Read on and learn three ways to get your Sony Walkman Audible to work.
- Way 1. By Audible App
- Way 2. By Audible Manager
- Way 3. By Windows Media Player
- Video Tutorial on Play Audible on Sony Walkman
Way 1. How to Play Audible on Compatible Sony Walkman - by Audible App
Sony has released Android devices with WiFi connectivity, allowing users to install apps from the Google Play Store to explore other audio platforms. So you can install the Audible app on your Sony Walkman and enjoy your Audible audiobooks over WiFi without any problem.
Popular Sony Walkman series such as the F-Series, Z-Series, ZX-Series, NW-WM1AM4 and NW-WM1ZM2 run on the Android operating system. If you have a Sony Walkman Audible-compatible MP3 player, you can refer to the steps below to enjoy audiobooks.
Step 1. Open the WiFi function on your Sony Walkman and then connect your Walkman player to the Internet.
Step 2. Please tap the 'Google Play Store' button on the Home screen to search and install the 'Audible' App at Google Play Store.
Step 3. Now you can easily discover and listen to Audible books on Sony Walkman online.
Note: This way only works for Sony Walkman with Android OS.
Way 2. How to Transfer Audible Books to Sony Walkman - by Audible Manager
Audible Manager is the official app designed by Audible that allows users to organize their downloaded Audible books. With it, you can import Audible downloads and transfer them to various portable devices. So, if you have an Sony Walkman Audible-compatible MP3 player, you can also use Audible Manager to transfer your Audible books to it for offline listening. Read on to learn how Audible Manager Sony Walkman works.
Step 1. Download and install Audible Manager on your Windows computer.
Step 2. Open Audible Manager and click on 'File' > 'Add Audio Files' to select the downloaded Audible files and click on 'Import'.
Step 3. Plug your Sony Walkman into your computer. And then click on 'Devices' > 'Add New Device'.
Step 4. You will see all devices you can connect. Select your Sony Walkman and click on 'OK'.
Step 5. Now select the Audible audiobook you want to listen to on Sony Walkman. Then click on 'Add to Device' at the top right and this audiobook will be transferred to your Sony Walkman.
Note: This way only works for Sony Walkman with Android OS and Windows computers.
Way 3. How to Play Audible on Non-compatible Sony Walkman - by Windows Media Player
The above two methods are only available for compatible Sony Walkman models. What if your Sony Walkman doesn't run the Android operating system?
Don't worry, the Sony Walkman series can support a variety of audio formats, including MP3, AAC, WMA, and more. So you can convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3 or other Sony Walkman-supported formats. Then you will be able to transfer the converted Audible books to Sony Walkman with the help of Windows Media Player.
To convert audiobooks, we would like to present you DRmare Audible Converter. It is capable of converting Audible audiobooks to many popular formats, including MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, WAV, and FLAC. Original sound quality and complete ID3 tags will be fully preserved. So you can enjoy lossless Audible audiobooks on Sony Walkman.
DRmare Audible Converter
- Convert Audible audiobooks to MP3, AAC, etc. supported by Walkman
- Work at 30X faster speed while keeping the original quality
- Split large Audible audiobooks to small segments by chapters or by time
- Personalize the output playback parameters for different devices
3.1 How to Download Audible Books for Sony Walkman
Before you purchase this software, you can download the free trial version of DRmare software. Then install it to your computer to test its performance. Now, you can refer to the detailed tutorial to get Sony Walkman Audible files.
- Step 1Import Audible audiobook files
- Open DRmare Audio Converter from your computer desktop. It is easy for you to add Audible-protected audio files to it. Just touch the first "Add" button at the bottom-left corner of the DRmare main interface. Audible library will show up automatically. Then you can choose your favorite audiobooks to DRmare Audible Converter.
- Step 2Set MP3/AAC as the Audible output format for Sony Walkman
- Please click the "Format" option to open a new window. You can see the format list. Sony Walkman supports MP3, AAC, WMA, and other audio files. You can choose MP3/AAC as the target output format. By the way, you can also set the playback options, like bit rate, sample rate, and more. Then, touch on the 'OK' button.
- Step 3Convert Audible files for Sony Walkman
- Once set, you can start to launch the converting process by touching the "Convert" tab. The waiting time depends on how many Audible files you imported. When the converting process completes, you can locate Sony Walkman-compatible Audible files in the default output folder.
3.2 How to Transfer Audible Books to Sony Walkman
Now, compatible Audible files are saved in the destination folder on your computer. The last step to play Audible audiobooks on Sony Walkman is to sync these Audible files to Sony Walkman. You can use Windows Media Player or a USB cable. Here are the detailed steps for you.
Method 1. by Windows Media Player
Step 1. Use a USB cable to connect your computer to Sony Walkman.
Step 2. Launch Windows Media Player from your desktop. Please choose the 'Music' icon from the left-side item column.
Step 3. Import unprotected Audible audiobooks to Windows Media Player music folder.
Step 4. Touch the 'Sync' option to choose the Audible files that you’d like to play on Sony Walkman. A few minutes later, you can enjoy and play Audible on all Sony Walkman players without limit.
Method 2. via USB Cable
Step 1. Just connect your Sony Walkman to your computer by a USB cable.
Step 2. Find the converted Audible books files from your computer.
Step 3. Copy and paste the audio files to the target folder in Sony Walkman on your computer.
Part 4. Video Tutorial: How to Get Audible on Sony Walkman
Now the following video tutorial will guide you to download Audible books on Sony Walkman. Follow it to unlock limitations from Audible AA/AAX files and play them on Sony Walkman step-by-step.
Part 5. Sum Up
Today we have shown you how to play Audible on Sony Walkman with three methods. The first two methods only work for Sony Walkman running with Android system. The last method works for any Sony Walkman models even if they don't support the Audible app. Actually, if you want to play Audible audiobooks on any non-compatible device, you can try DRmare Audible Converter.
Leave a Comment