How to Listen to Audible on PS4
"How can I get audiobooks from Audible played on PS4 while gaming? I know that there is no Audible app for PS4 currently. So here I wonder is there anyone that can help me out? Many thanks for your help in advance."
Though there is no Audible app for you to get Audible for listening on PS4, luckily, PS4 allows users to use the Media Player to play music files in MP3, FLAC, etc. format via USB stick or home server. So how to do that?
In this post, we will guide you how to get audiobooks from Audible and then listen to Audible on PS4 with ease.
Part 1. Get Audible on PS4 - Tool Needed
As PS4 doesn't get the Audible app in it, you could try to download Audible audiobooks as local files and then listen to them on PS4. When searched the solution on this issue, you will find there are lots of tools to help you get Audible audiobooks.
However, among those tools, we would like to recommend the DRmare Audiobook Converter for Mac to you. This tool would be the best one for you for its excellent performances.
This DRmare program can not only convert Audible audiobooks to MP3, AAC and other common audio files, but also allows you to adjust the output audio parameters like bit rate, sample rate as you want. And it can batch convert the audiobooks from Audible at a faster speed with high quality and with full ID3 tags kept.
After the conversion, you will get the converted local Audible audiobooks on your computer and then you can transfer them to the USB stick for using on PS4. Then you can get Audible on PS4 for offline playing forever without any limitation.
DRmare Audiobook Converter
- Get Audible audiobooks for PS4 easily with a few clicks
- Download Audible as local files in MP3, AAC, etc. format
- Split large Audible files to small parts for PS4 freely
- Customize output parameters like bit rate, sample rate, etc.
Part 2. Convert Audible for PS4 Offline Playback
In this part, we will show you the steps on how to use DRmare Audiobook Converter to convert Audible as local files for playing on PS4. Please download the Audible audiobooks on your computer in advance before starting the conversion.
- Step 1Import Audible books to DRmare
- Install the DRmare Audiobook Converter and launch it on your computer. Then hit on the 'Add Files' button to choose and add Audible audiobooks files to DRmare. Or you could drag the audiobooks to DRmare main screen directly.
- Step 2Define output parameters for PS4
- Touch on the 'audio' icon at the low-right corner. Then in the new pop-up window, you could start to adjust the output audio format of Audible for PS4. As PS4 supports MP3, FLAC and AAC formats, you need to select one of them as you want. Besides, you can define the codec, bit rate, channel, sample rate, etc. you like. Next, click the 'OK' button to keep the settings.
- Step 3Download Audible for PS4
Tap on the big 'Convert' button to begin the conversion. Then the DRmare program will start to convert Audible to plain audios and save them to your computer. Next, you could click the 'Converted' button to locate the converted Audible audiobooks on the target folder on your computer.
Part 3. How to Listen to Audible on PS4 via USB
Here we will show you how to move Audible to USB stick and put Audible audiobooks on PS4 for listening. Now let's get started.
Step 1. Plug the USB stick into your computer.
Step 2. Create a new folder named 'Music' on your USB stick.
Step 3. Find and copy the converted Audible audiobooks to USB's 'Music' folder.
Step 4. Connect the USB stick to your PS4 device.
Step 5. Chose 'Library' at the content area.
Step 6. Select 'USB Music Player' option.
Step 7. Choose the Audible audiobooks and play Audible on PS4.
If you want to play all the Audible audiobooks in the folder, then highlight the folder and hit the 'OPTIONS' > 'Play'. Then you can listen to all the audiobooks from Audible on your PS4 without any limitation.
Part 4. Enjoy Audible on PS4 Directly via Web Browser
In the last part, we will show another method for you to get Audible for PS4 via web browser directly. To be honest, we don't recommend you to try this way as the internet browser on PS4 can't be run in the background. But if you still want to give it a try, then you could follow the steps below.
Step 1. Open your PS4 device.
Step 2. On the home screen, please scroll to the 'Library' and hit on 'X' to access to.
Step 3. Scroll the menu at the left side to find and choose 'Applications'.
Step 4. Then go to the right side to find the Internet Browser.
Step 5. Press 'Start' to open it and type 'audible.com' in the search bar.
Step 6. Login your account to choose and play Audible on PS4.