When it comes to listening to streaming music on the PlayStation 4, most of us will think of Spotify music. Since PlayStation Music is powered by Spotify, you can easily stream music from Spotify to PS4 via Internet connection. But if you are an Apple Music subscriber, things will be totally different. Because PlayStation 4 is not compatible with Apple Music service.
So is there a simple yet professional way for Apple Music lovers to stream Apple Music to PS4? The answer is positive. To make you have a better experience, I will provide two excellent approaches to play Apple Music on PlayStation 4 losslessly.
View also: How to Download Spotify Music to PS4
Part 1. Why We Can't Stream Apple Music to PS4 Directly?
As the eighth-generation home video game console, PS4 is capable of doing many things. It allows users to play wonderful games at home as well as play local and streaming media files with built-in "Media Player" application. Although you are able to stream Soptify music to PS4, there is no way for Apple Music directly.
The key reason that you failed to connect Apple Music to PS4 is that there is no Apple Music app on PlayStation 4. But the good thing is that PS4 supports to play music files via the USB flash drive. So we just need to convert Apple Music to USD drive for playing Apple Music on PS4.
As is well known Apple Music songs come with DRM-protected M4P files. Before we start to transfer Apple Music to USB drive on PS4, we need to remove DRM from Apple Music. You can do that with a third-party Apple Music Converter. Plus, PlayStation 4 is compatible with MP3, AAC and M4A only. So we also have to convert Apple Music streams to PS4 supported audio formats, like MP3.
View also: How to Play iTunes M4V Movies on PS4
Solution 1: Connect Apple Music Streams to PS4 via USB Drive
What's the Best Apple Music to PS4 Converter?
To solve this problem, we can use DRmare Apple Music Converter. It is a one-stop Apple Music DRM removal tool. It is specially designed to remove DRM protection from Apple Music and convert Apple Music files to PS4 plain audio formats, like MP3, AAC and M4A. Thanks to this smart software, you can play 100% original Apple Music quality on PS4, including all ID3 tags.
View also: Top 10 Best Apple Music Alternatives
DRmare Apple Music Converter
How to Remove Apple Music DRM for PS4 for Listening
Before starting, please download and install DRmare Apple Music Converter on your computer. By the way, you can download the free trial version to test its performance before purchasing.
- Step 1Import DRM Apple Music to DRmare
- Please click the first "Add File" button at the bottom-left corner of the main interface, you can choose Apple Music files from Apple Music library. Or you can drop and drag Apple Music songs to the main interface directly.
- Step 2Define the output format for PS4
- Since PS4 can support MP3, AAC and M4A audio formats, you can define the most suitable format as the output format for PlayStation 4. Also you are allowed to customize the other output parameters, like sample reat, codec, but rate, channel, ID3 tags and others.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Apple Music M4P
- Please simply touch the conversion press to launch the conversion process. DRmare Apple Music Converter will automatically convert Apple Music to your set audio files. Of course, the DRM protection will be removed too. After that, you can locate the unprotected Apple Music on the destination folder.
- Step 4Stream unprotected Apple Music to PS4 via USB
- 1. Connect your computer with USB flash drive. You can convert DRM-free Apple Music songs to USB drive from your computer via copying&pasting action. In order to make it easier to find, you can create a folder namely Music on your USB drive.
- 2. Connect the USB storing Apple Music files to a USB port of PS4. Once connected successfully, you can enter into the content area and click the USB Music Player button.
- 3. Now, you can highlight a favorite Apple Music song and press the X icon to play it on PS4 automatically. Also, you can copy these Apple Music songs to PS4 by pressing the Triangle button and choosing Copy.
- Video Guide on Streaming Apple Music to Sony PS4
- To find out how does it work more easily, you can also take a look at this video tutorial.
Solution 2: Play Apple Music on PS4 from iPhone via DLNA
To follow this way to play Apple Music tracks on PS4, you should get a DLNA server on your iPhone. If not, you can look for some such apps that have the same function as DLNA server from the App Store.
Step 1. Connect the DLNA server with PS4
Open the Media Player app on the PS4 to choose the existing DLNA server on your iPhone. Please make sure that you have completely downloaded Apple Music songs on your iPhone already.
Step 2. Play Apple Music on PlayStation 4
Once iPhone and PS4 are connected to the same WiFi network, it’s time for you to choose Apple Music songs for enjoying on PS4.