Audible, the world's largest provider and seller of audiobooks, offers millions of audiobooks to its users. You can find your favorite audiobooks there and buy them for online playback. And many users are asking. Can I download Audible books to my PC?
Yes, you can. Once you've purchased Audible books, you can add them to your library and download them for offline listening. Read on to find out how to do this in 4 ways. Also, since Audible only saves audiobooks on the Audible app, we'll also show you how to download Audible books to PC locally.
- Part 1. Download Audible Books on PC via Audible App
- Part 2. Download Audible Audiobooks to PC via Audible Website
- Part 3. Download Audible Files to PC via AudibleSync
- Part 4. Download Audible Books to PC via Audible Converter
- Part 5. Can't Download Audible Book to PC? Fixed!
- Part 6. Final Thoughts
Part 1. How to Download Audible Books on PC via the Audible App
The Audible app allows users to download audiobooks for offline playback. So, if you have an Audible app for Windows 10/8, you can easily download Audible files to PC within Audible. Please note that the Audible Windows 10 app is not available now. You can't get it from the Microsoft Windows Store.
Here let's see how to download Amazon Audible books to PC with Audible Windows App.
Step 1. Open the Audible for Windows 10 or Windows 8 app on your PC.
Step 2. Sign in with your Amazon account.
Step 3. Hit on the 'Library' icon and locate the book you want to download. If you haven't purchased your desired audiobooks, please first buy Audible books in advance.
Step 4. Click on the '...' icon next to the title of the Audible books.
Step 5. Choose 'Download' from the drop-down list to save Audible books to PC.
Note: You can also directly click on the 'Download' icon on the audiobook cover to launch the download process.
Audible app Windows 10 download location: You can find the downloaded Audible books here: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\AudibleInc.AudibleforWindowsPhone_xns73kv1ymhp2\LocalState\Content
Part 2. How to Download Audible Audiobooks to PC via Audible Website
From June 2021, Audible users can download from Audible to PC via audible.com. There is no need to use any other tools. This way works on Windows 7, 8, 10.
Here is how to download Audible books on PC from audible.com.
Step 1. Enter audible.com via a browser. Then sign in with your Amazon account.
Step 2. Choose the 'Library' option at the top of the interface.
Step 3. Click on the audiobook you want and hit the 'Download' button.
Step 4. Here you will get a download notification. You need to select the folder to save the download Audible books. Once done, click 'Save'.
Part 3. How to Download Audible Files to PC via AudibleSync
How to download from Audible to PC? In addition to the two methods mentioned above, you can also download Audible books to PC using AudibleSync.
The AudibleSync application is an official Windows application for Windows 10 and Windows 11. It allows you to download audiobooks from Audible in a quick and easy way. With it, you can also transfer Audible audiobooks to MP3 players.
Follow the steps below to download Audible books on PC using AudibleSync.
Step 1. Download and install the AudibleSync app on your Windows PC.
Step 2. Open it and sign in with your Audible account.
Step 3. Click on the 'Search' icon at the top right to find the audiobook you want to download.
Step 4. Tap the 'Download' button next to the title and it will start downloading.
AudibleSync download location: The downloaded Audible files can be found here: C:\Users\your computer username\AppData\Roaming\AudibleSync\downloads
If you like previous ways to download Audible books to PC, you can also check out Listen to Audible on PC Windows 10.
Part 4. How to Download Audible Books to PC via DRmare Audible Converter
The 3 methods above for downloading from Audible to PC are simple, but not perfect. You will find that the downloaded Audible files are encrypted in AA or AAX format. They cannot be played on any other media player except Audible. So, if you want to listen to your favorite Audible audiobooks on a device that Audible doesn't support, it's not possible. So, here we will show you the best way to download Audible audiobooks to PC locally.
Try to use DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter to download Audible audiobooks to normal audio files. You can choose the output audio format from 6 options, which are MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, and WAV. Once the conversion is done, you can listen to Audible on any device for free without using network data.
With the latest conversion technology, it maintains 100% sound quality and preserves all ID3 tags of Audible books. It is also smart enough to recognize each section of the audiobook and split them into small segments. By using this tool, you can listen to Audible audiobooks anytime and anywhere.
DRmare Audible Audiobooks Converter
- Download from Audible to PC and store as local files
- Convert Audible to MP3, and other popular formats
- Work at 30X faster speed and support batch conversion
- Keep original music quality and all the metadata
After installing DRmare Audible Converter, follow the steps below to download Audible audiobooks to PC locally.
- Step 1Load Audible files into DRmare
- The download process involves iTunes as well. Once you launch DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter, it will open iTunes as well. Make sure you have authorized your Audible account to iTunes in advance. Click on 'Add' and you can select and load the books you would like to convert.
- Step 2Edit output format for Audible books
- Tap on the 'Format' button from the bottom-right corner. Then you can see various options to personalize your audiobooks. If you don't want to do much change, just go by 'Auto' on every parameter. Also, don't forget to select 'Keep lossless quality'.
- Step 3Download Audible books to PC
- Hit the 'Convert' button and it will start the conversion process. Wait until it finishes, and you can locate your downloaded Audible files from the 'history' list. Then you can listen to Audible offline on PC and other devices with ease.
Part 5. Can't Download Audible Book to PC? Solved!
There are some users complaining that Audible won't download to PC. They want to learn why and how to fix it. So, in this part, we will discuss how to fix the problem of Audible book not downloading on PC.
First of all, if you are using the Audible for Windows app, then there is no solution to this problem. This is because Audible has discontinued its app in the Windows Store. If you have it installed on your computer, then you can still use it until July 31, 2022. Once that date has passed, you will not be able to stream your audiobooks or download them.
If you are in this situation, please try the other methods we mentioned above to download Audible files. If not, try the solution below to fix your problem.
1. Check if you have purchased the audiobook you want to download.
2. Check if there is a system update on your PC.
3. Check if your computer has enough storage space.
4. Change the download quality of Audible.
5. Change the download by parts setting.
6. Use DRmare Audible Converter to download audiobooks to PC.
Part 6. Final Thoughts
With the 4 methods given above, you can easily download Audible audiobooks to PC. It is worth mentioning that the first three ways only allow you to play the downloaded Audible files on the Audible application. And the last way through DRmare Audible Converter allows you to save the real Audible audio files and listen to them on any device without any limitations.
Leave a Comment