Renamed from iBooks in 2018, Apple Books now still exists independently of the Apple Music. Users are available to download and purchase audiobooks on Apple Books anytime. Although the user interfaces of the audiobook player on iPhone could be the best, the experience of listening to audiobooks on Apple Books might disappoint many Apple fans.
For example, you might prefer to preview the entire audible contents first before you purchase it. Or you might want to listen to Apple Audiobooks on other non-apple players, such as Sony Walkman, SanDisk clip and etc. However, these goals are not as easy as you imagine. And I will explain the reason in first of the body paragraphs.
In this post, I am preparing to recommend you a workaround to convert Apple Books audiobooks, which can enable you to listen to audiobooks on Apple Books on without any restricts.
Part 1. Limitations of Apple Books Audiobooks
There are so many restrictions in Apple Books. Without a streaming subscription service, to play audiobook from Apple Books requires listeners to download the entire audiobook as local file first. What's more, when the file is more than 150MB, you are suggested to download audiobooks from Apple Books via Wi-Fi connection. Otherwise, the downloading may be interrupted by iOS due to the limits of using cellular, even if you are using unlimited data plan.
I assume that we have completed the first stage, and now let's see the real tricky problem: How to transfer audiobooks from Apple Books to other non-apple devices?
As we know, it is easy to sync Apple audiobooks from Apple Books to iPhone, iPad, and Mac. You just need to make sure that you've downloaded it. But the situation gets totally different when the same things happens on other players. The closed ecosystem of Apple stops you to play Apple Books Audiobooks on other apple incompatible devices.
Fortunately, we can turn things around. As a reminder, I would like to tell you that audible contents from Apple Books are basically the same as what on iTunes. You can even find and download more audiobooks in iTunes because of its cooperation with Audible, one of the largest audiobooks library now exists.
Part 2. Best Apple Audiobooks Converter: DRmare Apple Audiobook Converter
The ultimate solution to export audiobooks from Apple Books is: download and convert Apple audiobooks from iTunes. Here, it is important to choose the best Apple Audiobooks Converter as a partner, which is called DRmare Apple Audiobook Converter, specialized in convert Apple audiobooks to MP3, M4A, M4B, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc. and even convert Audible audiobooks without iTunes. The audio quality and ID3 tags.
Adopting the latest converting skills, this powerful program will keep 100% audio quality and ID3 tags in the converted files. With the help of automatic identification, this smart tool is able to cut an entire audiobook into small pieces based on the original chapters. To some extent, it is an almighty audiobooks converter that assists you to convert Apple Books audiobooks and audible audiobooks without simple clicks.
DRmare Apple Audiobook Converter
Part 3. Convert Audiobooks From Apple Books / iTunes
- Step 1Load Apple audiobooks from iTunes Library to DRmare
- Download and open DRmare Audiobooks Converter on your computer. The iTunes will be automatically launched. Browse and choose what you would want to convert in iTunes, and download it to your iTunes Library. Next, directly drag and drop it to the main interface of DRmare. Or you can click the first Add bar in the lower-left corner of DRmare to add it for conversion.
- Step 2Modify output settings and reset other parameters
- After the loading work is done, you can start to customize output parameters. Just click to the Audio icon beside to the big Convert button. Then the Format Setting will pop out. Here, you can change the output format, codec, channel, sample rate, and bit rate. In order to get the best listening experience, please set the sample rate to 48000 Hz and the bit rate to 320kbps. Or you can simply select High-Quality mode under the Preset tab.
- Step 3Download and convert Apple Audiobooks locally
- After you submit the settings, please press on the obvious Convert button to begin conversion. Ideally, the program will work at 30X faster speed but the conversion length still relies on how many loaded files. When the converting is over, don't forget to access to the converted folder by following the on-screen prompts.
Now you are supported to convert audiobooks from Apple Books, iTunes, and Audible site. There is no limit of converting, downloading and transferring. Now you can listen to audiobooks on Apple Books without network connection and transfer audiobooks from Apple Books to anywhere you like.