The Nook is a brand of e-readers and tablet computers developed by the Barnes & Noble. The most recent models are Nook Glowlight 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab Nook, Nook Tablet 7.
Just like the Amazon Kindle, Nook have access to plenty of Barnes & Noble ebooks and audiobooks. It is hard to say it is better than Amazon Kindle, but it could be the best for some favorite users. With the relatively low price and high quality display, it enables users to buy and enjoy books or audiobooks from Barnes & Noble store seamlessly with friendly experience.
But sometimes you may still want to listen to other books such as Audible which is the indisputable king of audiobooks. So how to do that? Let's explore the solution for you.
View also: Play iTunes Movies on Nook Tablet
Part 1. Is Audible Better than Nook Audiobooks
Nook Audiobooks and Audible are two of the top audiobook providers and resellers. They are similar in many ways but there are still some subtle differences.
It is no doubt that Audible has a largest audiobook library in the world. But the Nook Audiobooks library is not small surely. You can find all of the hot fictions and non-fictions, latest release as well as tons of free resources from either platform.
Audible sells the service as a subscription. With the subscription, you will receive 1 credit to get 1 audiobook every month. If you'd like more books, you can order them at a discounted price. It works best for users who digest multiple books frequently. Nook doesn't require a subscription. You can buy any audiobooks directly at a low price compared to any other similar platforms. It is for users who listen to audiobooks occasionally.
You can find both Audible and Nook app for Android/iOS devices. Audible combines the features such as adjusting playback speed, setting a timer while Nook lack some of these fantastic features.
View also: Top 8 Best Audible Alternatives
Part 2. How to Transfer Audible Audiobooks to Nook Tablet
Some models of Nook tablets come with the Google Play Store support. So if you'd prefer Audible, you can go ahead to install the Audible app to your Nook such as the Nook Color.
But if you have a previous model of Nook which doesn't has the ability to install any Android apps, you won't be able to open the Audible AA/AAX files on your Nook directly. This is because they are encrypted with the DRM protection.
Fortunately, now there is a chance to remove DRM protection from Audible now by DRmare Audible AA AAX Converter for Windows/Mac. It is very easy to use. With the batch converting feature, it will save you a bunch of time. If you have multiple Audible audiobooks you want to transfer to Nook, this is definitely the right tool you need.
Best Features of DRmare Audiobook Converter
- Convert both Audible and iTunes audiobooks, no account name or password required
- Losslessly convert AA, AAX to MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, keep ID 3 tags, metadata
- Up to 30X faster converting speed, this is superior to any other products
- Bonus features to edit/split audiobooks so that to make them better for your devices
Steps to Remove DRM and Copy Audible to Nook
- Step 1Add Audible AA/AAX files to Nook
- Launch DRmare Audio Converter on your computer, then you can drag & drop to import any Audible files you have. Such as the AA, AAX files you ripped from CD, downloaded from Audible website or received from your friends.
- Step 2Pick up output settings
- Nook supports e-Books, documents, audio, images, videos and so on. Regarding to the audio, it works with MP3, MP4, AMR, AAC, OGG. So please just pick up one format such as MP3, AAC. Besides, you can adjust the playback speed of the audiobooks in case your Nook tablet doesn't has the feature to do that.
- Step 3Start decrypting Audible files
- Now you can navigate to the bottom right of the DRmare software. And then one click on the "Convert" button. All of the Audible AA/AAX files will be converted to common audio files promptly. The new output files can be played anywhere. But please only use them for personal only. Any commercial use is not allowed.
- Step 4Move Audible files to Nook
- Nook devices usually have at least 4GB internal space and SD card up to 128GB extension. So you can either plug in the Nook deice to your computer to copy and paste the files directly. Or you can copy the converted audiobook files to your SD card via a card reader and then insert it to your Nook tablet. When everything is done, you can tap the audiobook to play on your Nook without any problems.