"Huawei Honor View 10 is now available at $499 on pre-order in the US. I really like the flagship high performance and low price of it. Should I buy one? Can it play iTunes movies?" - From a customer online.
Honor is a sub-brand under the Huawei Group. It is developed for competing with other online brands like Redmi etc. Established in 2013, the company quickly start the international expansion in 2014 and sell the phones to many countries and areas like Malaysia, India, European, Japan and US. The Honor series cover phones, tablets and the main models include Honor 7/8/9/9 Lite/V8/V9//5X/6X/7X and much more. Is it worth to get such a phone? Now let's explore the answer together.
Part 1. Best Phone of CES 2018
Honor View 10 was announced last December. It is the world's first AI-enabled phone with AI Processor. In addition, it is well recognized as the best smartphone of CES 2018 which won multiple awards. Android Authority said "This is a phone you should definitely watch out for in 2018".
Features: This is a powerhouse phone with masses of storage 12GB, RAM 6GB, high-end Kirin 970 CPU, impressive dual cameras. The features are basically the same as the Huawei Mate P10 which is at a much higher price around $800.
Screen: It has an ultra-wide 18:9 aspect ratio, 5.99-inch IPS LCD screen. The display is similar to the OnePlus 5T's except an LCD panel rather than an OLED one.
Design: Honor View 10 has a conservative design, the rear is aluminum and the body is a harmonious combination of glass and metal. Overall, it is very thin at 7mm even thinner than iPhone X or Galaxy S8. The build quality can't match the other top flagship phones but it is still very good considering its low price.
Software: It has the EMUI system (based on the latest Android Oreo 8.0) with plenty of OEM customization. It provides faster system response and smoother operation.
Part 2. Honor View 10 Hands On - Does it Play iTunes Movies
When using Honor View 10 for the first time, I found it is extremely smooth and stable. No matter If I use it for taking portraits, playing Pokemoon or watching YouTube movies. The display looks great even under sunlight. I don't need to worry about the battery. It can last for a long time heavy use and it can be charged quickly. The only disadvantage is that it doesn't have iTunes support compared to iPhone, so you can't play iTunes movies on it even if you transfer the movies.
I am not surprised to know that because nowadays there is no Android phones supports iTunes films due to the DRM copyright protection. But don't worry. Nowadays there are many ways to disable iTunes DRM. The most intuitive way is to use a DRM removal application like DRmare M4V Converter for Mac/Windows. Typically, you just need to throw all your iTunes m4v videos to it and click 'Convert', DRmare software will do the remaining task for you.
DRmare iTunes to Honor Video Converter
- DRmare focus on converting DRM videos only, the screen is 100% clean
- Batch rip DRM protection and convert videos to a bunch of new files or profiles
- Losslessly convert your videos without encoding at an up to 20X faster speed
- Plenty of video customization options, making your videos more personalized
Part 3. Convert iTunes Movies for Playing Anywhere
To stop the DRM from hindering you to enjoy any iTunes digital media files on Huawei Honor View 10 or any other Android phones such as Huawei P series, Samsung Galaxy series, OnePlus 5T etc., you can simply follow me to convert any DRM M4V files with DRmare M4V Converter. The instruction is almost the same for these phones.
- Step 1Put iTunes M4V movies on DRmare
- This program supports protected iTunes movies, TV shows, music videos and Extras which are downloaded and authorized on iTunes. You can import your favorite iTunes digital content that you want to play on Honor View 10 by clicking the "Add Files" option at the bottom left of the main interface. Or you can drag and drop iTunes DRM files to the main screen directly.
- Step 2Customize the output video for Honor View 10
- The most easiest way to do that is to click the 'Format', then go to the 'Devices' tab and simply choose the output profile as 'Huawei' from a lot of preset profiles. The software will optimize the output video for your device Huawei Honor View 10 automatically during converting. Another option is to select the output format and customize the parameters such as bit rate, frame rate, codec etc. manually. If you want to get a more personalized video, you should give this a try.
- Step 3Remove DRM protection
- After that, you can tap the 'Convert' button to start the converting. This smart iTunes DRM M4V Converter will get rid of DRM copyright and convert iTunes M4V files to the new format you customized automatically. So just wait until everything is done.
- Step 4Transfer movies to Honor View 10
- Honor View 10 supports big internal storage as well as SD card. You can directly copy your converted videos to the SD card or connect the phone to your computer via the USB Type-C cable to transfer the videos. Personally I'd use an SD Card so that the movies won't take up the internal storage. Anyway, take the best way you prefer.
Part 3. Should You Buy Huawei Honor View 10 to Watch iTunes Movies
This premium mid-range phone is now available on Huawei online stores, Amazon as well as some local stores. Would you buy one for its cheap price and cutting-edge hardware and performance? Within about half price, you get a phone similar to Huawei Mate 10 Pro. In my option, it is totally worthy it if you cares about the price but still want to enjoy the premium performance. Even if you are also an Apple fan who is fond of watching iTunes movies, it is also a great alternative to get Honor View 10 and use the DRmare M4V Converter to remove DRM.
Do you think so? Please let's know your thoughts by commenting below.