Android O, short for Android Oreo, is the eighth major version of Android operating system. The name Android Oreo is created by the partnership between Google and Nabisco, the producer of the world-famous cookie.
After 3 developer preview versions, the official version was newly released to the public on August 21, 2017. This system has many significant new features and is already available for the Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player, Pixel C and Pixel mobile phone. It is reported that the Android Oreo is twice faster yet without bloated size compared the previous Android Nougat, so it surely offers surprisingly better experience for users.
Are you hurry to experience the Android Oreo operating system for entertainment? If so, you can follow me to learn more about the Android Oreo and convert iTunes videos to Android Oreo devices for playback.
- Part 1. Top New Features of Android Oreo System
- Part 2. Play iTunes Videos on Android O Devices
- Part 3. Sum up: Update to Google Oreo
Part 1. Noteworthy Features of Android Oreo
Now the official version of Android Oreo is starting to reach devices outside of the Android Beta program. Let's take an overview of its top features.
TensorFlow Lite. As a part of the Tensor Flow open source project, it will enable developers to use machine learning for their mobile apps, which is expected to power a more advanced on-device speech processing, augmented reality and more.
Picture in Picture. When watching a video, having a video call, but suddenly need to use the phone for another task, you just need to simply tap the home button to show a zooming window instead of closing it.
Notification channels. In the new Android Oreo, each app will have its own notification channels. You can customize the way how the app will alert you the notification. Also, there is a notification dot feature. Whenever there is a new message or update etc., it can help to place a small dot on top of the app's icon so you won't miss any important messages.
Optimized storage management. Android Oreo offer a convenient option to free up your device space by clicking Settings > Storage > Free Up Space. Furthermore, you can update the operating system even if the device out of free space since the update can be streamed from Google's server directly.
Password autofill. Google can help you store your password info in the Google account so that you don't need to input the password but just one click to fill the password next time.
Smart text selection. When you are selecting some text, Android Oreo can offer some operating options for you. For example, if you select a contact, Google will prompt the message if you want to call.
Google Play protect. It helps to scan over 50 billion apps everyday and will show you about what it finds on the scan, so you can avoid install any potential danger apps and keep your phone safer.
Part 2. Watch iTunes M4V on Android O Devices
With an Android Oreo device, you can use it to work more effectively and enjoy media files in a more comfortable way. Especially, the picture in picture which I like best. It makes it possible to work on your phone while watching videos together, the watching experience won't be interrupted any time. But like the previous generation, as Android and Mac are two different ecosystems, so nowadays it is still difficult to transfer the iTunes videos which has FairPlay DRM copy protection from Mac to Android Oreo system. If you do want to do that, you may use an all mighty program DRmare iTunes to Android Oreo Converter for Mac/Windows to help you break iTunes DRM and convert M4V movies to Android Oreo mobile devices to play freely. You are recommended to follow the complete tutorial step by step.
DRmare iTunes to Android Oreo Converter
- Well-crafted interface, you can use it like a pro even if you are a new user
- Remove DRM (Digital Rights Management) copy protection for iTunes Movies
- Losslessly and fast convert iTunes M4V to Android Oreo mobile devices
- Supports the latest Windows and Mac operating system and the iTunes
- Step 1Import iTunes M4V movies or TV shows
- It is designed to convert the iTunes M4V videos which are authorized to play on the computer, please make sure you have downloaded them completely. You can either drag&drop to import the iTunes movies or TV series from iTunes to the DRmare M4V Converter main screen or you can click '+' from the lower left to select the iTunes purchased or rental videos directly.
- Step 2Select the output format
- DRmare M4V to Android Oreo has the preset profile 'Android Generic' for all Android versions, I'd suggest you click the format droplist and then go to the devices tab to select 'Android Generic'. Alternatively, you can also select a format you want such as the MP4, MPEG etc.
- Step 3Convert iTunes M4V to Android Oreo
- Next, you can click the conversion button at the lower light, Drmare M4V to Android Oreo Converter will get rid of the DRM protection from your iTunes videos and transcode the videos to the Android Oreo devices.
Part 3. Conclusion: How to Install Android Oreo
Android Oreo has optimized many features in some details, making it more exquisite and faster. With this new operating system, you are less likely to encounter any similar annoying issue of the previous Android versions. Currently it is only available for Google devices. If you are really interested in Android Oreo and has a compatible devices like Pixel, Pixel XL etc. you can simply go to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check for update to upgrade the system to Android O. Else if you have a non-Google device, then you have to wait a few more days or weeks for the third party companies to release new customized roms. When you get the Android Oreo installed, you can directly transfer the converted iTunes videos to your Android Oreo mobile phone via USB and start to enjoy the DRM free videos as you want.
Leave a Comment