"I bought a Galaxy Alpha phone from eBay for my girlfriend as a gift on her birthday, who enjoy watching iTunes movies. Everything works perfectly except that it doesn't seem to play iTunes M4V files. We have tried multiple media players but to no avail. Anyone know know the magic to make it work? " - Question asked by Caleb Walker from an Android forum.
Galaxy Alpha is the first phone with metallic frame from Samsung developed to compete with the iPhone 6. With only 6.7mm thickness body, 4.7 inch display, it is thought as the most beautiful, simple and elegant phone at the time when it was released. And it received good reviews for its higher build quality in comparison to the earlier plastic phones and modest specifications similar to the flagship counterpart Galaxy S5. As a result, many users buy this small-screen phone for enjoying media files when they are traveling or commuting between home and office.
Do you also have a Galaxy Alpha and want to use it to play videos too? Please just keep reading on. Today we'd glad to talk about how to play iTunes videos on Galaxy Alpha.
Part 1. How to Convert iTunes Movies to Galaxy Alpha Compatible Format
As an Android system phone, Galaxy Alpha supports multiple formats such as WMV, WMA, WAV, DivX, Xvid, H.264, H.263, MP3, MPEG4, MP4 and so on. Usually to play videos listed above, you just need to transfer them to Galaxy Alpha to play directly. If the videos can't be played, there are two many main reasons cause that. First, the video maybe in a particular format, Galaxy Alpha doesn't has the related codec to recognize it. Another reason is that, some videos maybe protected by DRM decryption, making them only accessible by special devices. For instance, iTunes movies, TV shows all have the FairPlay DRM scheme. Except Apple players or devices, no other third party devices can play iTunes movies.
With all the situations considered, the best way to enjoy iTunes movies on Galaxy Alpha is to get rid of the FairPlay DRM protection and encode the M4V format to another more user friendly format video format. Just go to Google website and search DRM video converters. But please note a standard video converter may not work for protected files, you should get one with the DRM removal feature. For your convenience, I will introduce one of the best DRM removal tools called DRmare M4V Converter for Windows/Mac for your reference. It can effectively convert iTunes videos with a series useful features.
DRmare iTunes to Galaxy Alpha Converter
- Clean and beautiful interface, you don't need any tech knowledge to use it
- Remove DRM decryption for iTunes rented and purchased films, music videos
- Keep original subtitles, closed captions, audio tracks and high output quality
- 24/7 technical support and lifetime free update, 60 days refund guaranteed
Part 2. Steps to Convert iTunes Movies and Remove DRM
DRmare M4V Converter integrates the features to convert iTunes videos and remove DRM simultaneously. You can one-click on the download button to install the software to your computer and then follow the 3 steps to convert your iTunes M4V episodes.
- Step 1Add iTunes DRM M4V films
- Generally, you can either drag&drop to import your iTunes movie files or you may click the '+' menu to browse and select the protected videos you want easily. It supports bulk conversion, so you can add as many files as you want at a time.
- Step 2Select a compatible format
- As we talked before, there are many formats supported by Samsung Galaxy Alpha, so just pick up one format you want such as MP4, WMV, H.264 and much more. Here I will choose MP4, by which you can keep the best quality as well as get the highest compatibility.
- Step 3Encode iTunes Videos to Galaxy Alpha
- If everything is set as you want, please just click the 'Conversion' button slightly. DRmare M4V Converter will start to encode iTunes videos MP4 for your Galaxy Alpha in batch. It may take a while according to the number of videos you imported. Please wait patiently until you see all the videos are completed successfully.
Part 3. Sync Videos to Galaxy Alpha for Watching
Finally, you will get all the DRM free movies on the output folder you selected on your computer. Please click the converted list icon on the software to open the output folder and then transfer the videos to your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Since Galaxy Alpha doesn't support extendable SD card, the only way to transfer videos is via USB. How? If you are not so sure how to do that, you can follow these steps.
1. Connect Galaxy Alpha to your computer via a USB cable to your computer, where you saved the converted iTunes movies.
2. Then your device will be listed as a device on the Windows Explorer or Mac Finder. If your device is not recognized, please try to turn on the USB debug mode on your Galaxy Alpha first.
3. Double click the device icon to open your Galaxy Alpha, you will see the folders of the phone internal memory.
4. Choose a folder you want and then drag & drop or copy & paste to transfer the videos from computer to the phone.
5. You can open the video player from your Galaxy Alpha, then choose the video you want to play as you want.
Video Tutorial to Convert iTunes Movies to Samsung Alpha
If you prefer to a more intuitive way, you can also follow this video tutorial to learn how to convert iTunes DRM M4V videos to Samsung Galaxy Alpha for playback: