Q: It's really good news that I can make pre-orders of Samsung Galaxy S9 today. From its February 25 launch event at MWC 2018, I was hooked on this wonderful handset due to its low-light camera, biometrics, and AR Emoji. I heard that this excellent Galaxy S9 comes with 5.8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 2960. It's time for me to move to a new device with a bigger screen and higher resolution to play iTunes movies and TV shows. The one thing that has bothered me is, as far as I’m concerned, iTunes videos are not able to watch on Android devices for playback directly, including this newer Samsung Galaxy smartphone. So is there any method to play iTunes purchases and rentals on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus?
Part 1. Why We Can't Play iTunes Movies and TV Shows on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Beyond all doubt, Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus was one of the most attractive smartphones in 2017. But it is truth that universally acknowledged Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus have several aspects for improvement, such as ergonomic and structural problems. As a result, Samsung announced the Samsung Unpacked 2018 event on at February 25 at MWC 2018 and Samsung will officially release Galaxy S9/S9 Plus on March 16.
According to specialist reviewer DisplayMate, who quoted the display of Samsung Galaxy S9 featuring the Super AMOLED technology is "virtually indistinguishable from perfect". Besides, coming with a 5.8-inch QHD+ screen with 567 pixels per inch of Galaxy S9 and the giant 6.2-inch display for S9 Plus, S9 and S9 Plus could be the best media players for enjoying your digital video entertainment.
However, you should pay attention for this point that Galaxy S9/S9+ is not fully compatible with videos purchased and rented from iTunes Store directly. The key reasons why S9/S9 Plus can't support iTunes videos are different formats and DRM copyright protection. With the purpose of avoiding unauthorized sharing, Apple has encrypted iTunes digital files with its FairPlay DRM technology, which prevents iTunes users from playing movies and videos anywhere but for Apple ecosystem, even they have purchased iTunes movies legally. What’s more, Apple develops and uses M4V container format to encode video files in its iTunes store. Even though M4V format is very similar to the MP4 format, it can't be recognized by S9 and S9 Plus directly.
So in order to make iTunes DRM M4V movies and TV shows playable on Galaxy S9/S9+, you need to equip with a third-party iTunes DRM M4V converter software, which can remove DRM protection and convert iTunes M4V to Galaxy compatible format, like MP4.
View also: How to Play iTunes Movies on Galaxy S8
Part 2. Best iTunes to Samsung Converter to Bypass iTunes DRM Protection and Transfer iTunes M4V
Fortunately, it's not a difficult task of converting unprotected M4V files to other common formats. But in order to break the protection of DRM technology without touching the original video files, you should discover a professional and stunning iTunes DRM removal tool. It would be better if this M4V DRM remover can convert iTunes M4V to Galaxy S9 supported format. So, we highly recommend DRmare M4V Converter, which can not only get rid of DRM restriction from both iTunes purchases and rentals at 30X faster speed, but also transfer iTunes DRM M4V to MP4 with zero quality loss. Thanks to DRmare M4V Converter, you are able to use one iTunes DRM removal program to play iTunes DRM protected videos on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+.
DRmare iTunes to Samsung Galaxy S9 Converter
- Thanks to easy and clean interface, you don't need any tech knowledge to use it
- Bypass DRM copyright protection for iTunes rentals and purchases
- Losslessly and smoothly convert iTunes DRM M4V to Galaxy S9 profile directly
- Reliable performance, supports latest Windows, Mac and iTunes versions
Part 3. Complete Tutorial to Convert iTunes DRM Videos to Galaxy Devices
When you have downloaded and installed DRmare software on your computer, you can refer to the following detailed tutorial to make iTunes protected movies and TV shows available for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+.
- Step 1Import DRM-locked iTunes videos to DRmare
- DRmare DRM M4V Converter is specialized in removing DRM protection from iTunes video files, please make sure iTunes files you'd like to import are protected by DRM technology. Or you will meet some obstacles when importing iTunes movies and TV shows to DRmare software by clicking the "Add Files" button or via dragging&dropping action.
- Step 2Set MP4 as the output format for Galaxy S9/S9+
- Click the "Format" option at the bottom left corner of the main interface, this smart tool will pop up a new window, in where you can see lots of audio and video formats. You can choose MP4 as the output format that Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus can support MP4 files freely. Also you can select the output format from Devices menu, since Samsung devices are available in the list of supported output devices.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert iTunes M4V for Samsung devices
- Now, you can click the Convert button to launch the converting process. DRmare M4V to MP4 Converter will start to bypass DRM copyright protection from imported iTunes videos and re-encode these videos to Samsung compatible files. Once the conversion process finishes, you can find DRM-free iTunes movies and TV shows on destination folder and transfer them to Samsung Galaxy devices and other devices freely.
Part 4. More about Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
Special Features of S9 and S9+
Low-light Camera: No matter the time of day, you can use these perfect Samsung devices to take satisfactory photos. With the F1.5 aperture mode and F2.4 aperture mode, S9 and S9+ can adapt to bright light and super low light automatically, just like the human eye. What's more, with F1.5 aperture mode, you can take low-light photos with stunning clarity and noise reduction.
Bixby Version: Even if Bixby Version is shown on Galaxy S8, Samsung makes big improvement on it. When you are in camera app you can access a variety of different new features by tapping the Bixby option, like locating the place you're in. Plus, you can change the look of your selfies from the enhanced beauty mode provided by Bixby Vision.
AR Emoji: Compared to iPhone X and its Animoji feature, AR emoji comes into the newer Samsung devices. You just need to use the front camera to take a selfie and S9 and S9+ will make an emoji based on your looks and save them as standard GIFs. Also, you are allowed to share them across platforms.
What's the Difference between Galaxy S9 and S9+
Camera: There is a second lens on the back of the Plus. Rear camera for Galaxy S9 versus Wide-angle camera and Telephoto camera of Galaxy S9 Plus
Size & Prize: Galaxy S9 has a 5.8-inch screen; S9 Plus has a bigger 6.2-inch screen with the price rising by $100 in the US
Battery capacity: S9’s 3,000 mAh versus S9 Plus’ 3,500 mAh
Video Tutorial to Convert iTunes Movies to Samsung Galaxy
There is a intuitive video tutorial on how to convert DRM-ed iTunes M4V movies on Samsung Galaxy S9 for playbackfor you reference: