"I have been using Apple TV 3 for years. Recently I tried to watch Apple Music videos but it doesn't seem to work as it won't show up there. Did I do anything wrong and what is the best way to solve this? I really appreciate for any assistance. " - Question from Reddit forum
Apple Music has provided music videos for users with membership ever since it is launched. But Apple didn't put music videos in a separate section until the new update of iOS 10.13. This action is supposed to give those files with more prominence and potential to topple YouTube and VEVO. According to Apple reps, the curated ad-free playlists makes "Apple Music" the best music video -watching experience available anywhere. Do you want to watch Apple Music videos on your Apple TV? Just read the following in-depth tutorial.
- Part 1. Watch Music Videos Directly through Apple TV 4
- Part 2. Tips to Solve Apple Music Videos Not Working
- Part 3. Remove DRM Protection to Play Music Videos Anywhere
Part 1. Stream Apple Music Videos to Apple TV 4
Apple TV is a digital media player with a large number of streaming sources. By connecting an Apple TV box to your smart TV or a display device, you can enjoy plenty of videos from many websites such as iTunes Store, Hulu, Now TV, Netflix, Sling TV, DirecTV, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Now and much more.
If you have an Apple TV 4, you can easily access to the Apple Music app. Then click "Browse" tab and look for the "Music Videos" section. You should see a list of exclusive videos such as suggested playlists, artist spotlights. Besides this way, you can also search for artists and access to the artist pages to find videos you like and you can click them to start playing.
Note: The music videos are usually big, it takes higher bandwidth to stream smoothly, so please make sure you have a high speed internet connection.
Part 2. Alternative Ways to Play Music Videos
On the other hand, if you have the old models Apple TV, the music video section is not listed. I often hear people around me said the music videos don't show up. Even if you have the latest model, it maybe not so stable sometimes. I personally does encounter the problem when I click one file but it skip to another one without any signs. Fortunately the music video is also available on iPhone/iPod/iPad and iTunes. You can use the Airplay or iTunes Home Sharing to stream Apple Music Videos to Apple TV.
Step 1. Open the Apple Music app on your iOS device or iTunes on your computer and then start to play a video you want.
Step 2. You can click the the icon which looks like a display and then choose "AirPlay", it will prompt you the option to select the destination Apple TV. If you want to mirror the entire screen, you can also, swipe up from the bottom to open the control center and then click the "Mirror" icon to cast your iPhone screen to your TV. Note: If the destination Apple TV doesn't show up there, maybe the devices are not connected to the same Wifi network, please just have a check.
Step 3. After confirming the destination device, it will start to AirPlay/mirror Apple Music videos. Please make sure your source device don't enter sleeping mode, else it won't work.
iTunes Home Sharing
Step 1. Open iTunes and then sign in with your Apple ID. Please make sure all the computers/devices on the same Home Sharing network are using the same Apple ID.
Step 2. Download and authorize your Apple Music videos to play on iTunes.
Step 3. Click "File" menu > "Home Sharing" > "Turn on Home Sharing" to set up the server on iTunes and then you can go to the "Preferences" window to select the types of files you want to share.
Step 4. To stream the Apple Music on the Apple TV 1/2/3, you can go to the "Settings" > "Computers", then you can select the movie you want.
Part 3. Convert Apple Music Videos to DRM Free Movies for Any Devices
With the solutions above, you should solve most playback issue easily. But you may still not get out of the limitation of Apple's ecosystem system. This means you can't transfer the M4V episodes to USB or other non-Apple mobile device for playback. Please just don't worry. Let DRmare iTunes Music Video Converter to help you here.
It is a tool specialize for improving the experience of Apple users to enjoy digital movies, TV shows, Extras, iTunes purchase/rentals. It combines the technology to revert the DRM protection, making playing iTunes movies just as if they never have been encrypted. Compared to other software, it has the advantages to convert videos without quality loss while running at a 20X faster speed. With the batch converting feature, no matter how many Apple Music videos you have, you can let the software to convert them in queue automatically.
- Step 1Import iTunes M4V files to DRmare
- Before you get started, please make sure your Apple Music videos has already been downloaded and stored on the local computer. Then you can click the "Add Files" button to browse the files you want from iTunes. Alternatively, you can drag and drop your videos to the software main screen.
- Step 2Set output format (optional)
- Although DRmare M4V Converter is mainly for getting rid of DRM scheme, it also supports to convert videos to multiple kinds of formats and multiple portable devices such as MP4, MPEG, MOV, AVI, WebM, 3GP, MP3, M4A, iPhone 6/7/8/X, Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 10, LG G6/G7, Huawei Mate 10 and much more. You can select select any one that meets you requirement best. For example, you can choose "MP3" to convert the music videos to MP3.
- Step 3Break DRM protection from Apple Music videos
- Once you have done all the settings, you can click "Convert" button from the bottom right to start converting Apple Music videos to DRM free files. Finally you will be able to play the videos on any brand of smart TVs such as Panasonic, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and so on.
Leave a Comment