iTunes, as a big media library, has tons of great digital media files with videos, music, books, etc. Usually, you can find almost everything you want from it. The downside is that it costs more to buy items from iTunes compared to other sources such as Amazon. Some users are hesitating to pay lots of money only to get a few media files from iTunes.
However, one of the most important advantages about iTunes you may have not found out is that it also offers plenty of free stuff. Some premium items are offered time from time for free too. If you haven't downloaded free iTunes media files before, you can follow me here. In this article, we will give you some details on the tools you need and the steps on how to get free TV shows on iTunes simply.
Part 1. Get Free TV Shows on iTunes - Tools Required
It is not difficult to download the free TV shows, but you won't be able to do that easily if you don't have the required tools. Typically, to make it work most smoothly, you need to have the following 3 tools ready before you do that.
A Windows or Mac Computer. Usually, you can download videos from a device as long as it supports iTunes. But to make it easier to locate and download videos, we'd recommend you to use a computer.
Latest Version of iTunes. If you have a Mac computer, the iTunes is already built in the system, you just need to go to iTunes top menu > Click 'Check for Updates' to update to the latest version. For a Windows computer, you can download and install the latest version from Apple official website.
Apple Account ID. If you don't have one, you can sign up directly. It is not difficult at all, please just go to 'Sign In' page and then click 'Create New Apple ID' and then input your personal info and credit card info to register a new free account.
Part 2. Download Free iTunes TV Shows Step-by-step
As long as you have all the tools we mentioned above, the process to download free TV shows on iTunes turns out to be so easy and intuitive. Please refer to the following steps.
- Step 1Launch iTunes from the computer
- Please just double click the iTunes icon simply, the iTunes will launch automatically. It may take a few seconds to launch completely if you have a number of files on the library.
- Step 2Log in the iTunes account
- You just need to go to the 'Account' Menu and choose 'Sign In', then you can input the Apple ID and password to sign in with easy.
- Step 3Find the free TV shows on iTunes
- To do that, first please go to the 'TV shows' category page from the drop list on the top left screen. After that, you can scroll the page down to find the menu 'Free TV Episodes' and click it, you will see a list of free videos.
- Step 4Start to download free iTunes TV shows
- Simply click a video you want to go to the detailed introduction page and click 'Get' button to start to download the videos without spending any money.
Part 3. Play Free iTunes TV Shows on Non-Apple Devices
After following the tutorial above, you could easily get the free TV shows on iTunes. Then you can play them on your computer or get them to your iPhone, iPod or iPad for watching. However, what if you don't own an Apple device? As you may have already known that iTunes videos are DRM protected, so even you can download and play them on your computer for free, you may not be able to enjoy them on non-Apple devices easily without iTunes.
A good news is that there is plenty of software is integrated with the feature to strip the DRM component with several clicks. By doing that, there won't be any restrictions on the output videos and you will be able to play them on almost all the devices such as Android phones and tablets.
DRmare M4V Converter for Mac/Windows is one of the best iTunes DRM converting software. It is not only easy to use, but also has the option to convert your videos losslessly and fast. You can use it to convert iTunes videos to common video files like MP4 and more with lossless quality. Besides, you can edit and personalize the videos as you like, such as trimming, adding effects, etc.
Steps on How to Convert iTunes Videos
- Step 1Add iTunes M4V videos to DRmare
- Please download and install the DRmare M4V Converter onto your computer first, then you could get started. Just open the DRmare software from your computer desktop and then drag & drop iTunes M4V videos from iTunes to the software. Or you can click 'Add Files' button to add the M4V videos directly. By the way, please make sure that you had downloaded the iTunes videos and they can be played well on iTunes before converting.
- Step 2Set output video format
- In this step, you could define the output video format for your iTunes videos to be compatible with your devices. Or you could just keep the default settings as MP4, because MP4 could be supported by any devices. Then you could hit on the 'edit' icon to start to personalize the free iTunes TV shows and other video contents according to your requirements.
- Step 3Convert iTunes videos
- Once finishing the setting and editing, just click the 'Convert' button at the bottom right on DRmare main interface. Then your videos will be converted in a prompt speed. After that, you could hit on the 'Converted' button to locate and check the converted iTunes M4V videos on your computer. Finally, you can stream the iTunes videos to any other devices for watching without any limitation.