Download Spotify Songs on School Chromebook Offline
"I'm planning to buy a Chromebook for studying and entertainment. But my school has network filters that block music streaming websites, including Spotify. Is it possible to unlock Spotify on Chromebook at school? I hate to find out that it doesn't work after purchase." - Question from an online audio forum."
Because Chromebooks are light, portable, and inexpensive, they are popular with students. Speaking of listening to Spotify on Chromebook offline, actually, there are 2 effective ways. You can use the Android version of Spotify to download Spotify offline on Chromebook. Or get help from a professional third-party Spotify music downloader.
Today, I will illustrate the complete ways to download Spotify for Chromebook. By following the steps, you can listen to Spotify music on Chromebook without any problem.
Part 1. Download Spotify for Chromebook for Offline Listening
The easiest way to play Spotify on Chromebook could be using Spotify Web Player. The Spotify Web Player for Chromebook has the same design as the desktop app. You can use it to create your playlists, browse songs you like with the same experience. But if you have tried to use Spotify Web Player to get Spotify on Chromebook, you will find some obvious limits. One of the biggest disadvantages is that it's not available to enjoy Spotify offline on Chromebook. So you need to download Spotify songs on the school Chromebook for offline listening.
It's well-known that there is no official Spotify for Chromebook app currently. Fortunately, In the latest Chromebook models, it supports the Google Play Store. It means that users can install the Android version of the Spotify app for Chromebook. With the help of this app, you can download music from Spotify on Chromebook offline. As for how to install the Android version of Spotify on your Chromebook, please refer to the following one-by-one steps.
How to Install Spotify on Chromebook
Step 1. Please make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date in advance. And then navigate to the time at the bottom right.
Step 2. Choose the 'Settings' option. In the 'Google Play Store' section, there is an 'Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook' button. Please turn it on. Then follow the instruction.
Step 3. You can find and download the Spotify app for the Android version on your Chromebook. Now, you can open the Spotify Chromebook app. And then download your favorite tunes for offline listening with your Premium subscription.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify Premium for Free on Chromebook
Using the Android version of Spotify can listen to Spotify music offline on Chromebook. But this method only works well for some people. You need to make sure you have a compatible Chromebook so that you can install the app. To play songs offline, you need to equip with a Spotify premium subscription. To students' disappointment, this way does not apply to them as Spotify is blocked by the school network filters.
Is there a way to download Spotify songs without Premium and play them on all Chromebooks? Is it able to make Spotify download unblocked on Chromebook? And then students can get Spotify on school Chromebook.
The answer could be positive. There is the best alternative. You can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Chromebook to download and convert Spotify playlists for free on Windows and Mac computers. And then move them to the internal storage of your Chromebook and play them offline. In this way, you can get Spotify Premium free on Chromebook. And you don't need worry about any network filters to block Spotify any more.
Best Spotify Music Converter for Chromebook
- Download Spotify Songs with up to 5X converting speed for Chromebook
- Support all Spotify tracks, playlists, albums from any artists you like
- Keep ID3 tags and convert Spotify songs to MP3, AAC, M4B, M4A, FLAC, WAV
- Handy solution to download, encode and archive the songs by album/artist
How to Download Spotify Songs on Chromebook
How do you download music from Spotify to your Chromebook with the DRmare Spotify Music Converter? It supports to work well with both Spotify free and premium accounts perfectly. It can download songs from Spotify online directly on your Windows or Mac computers. Here I will show you how to download music on Chromebook for free.
- Step 1Add the link of your favorite playlist
- If you have already got the link of the Spotify album, you can paste it to the top search box of the software and press "+". Else you can go to the Spotify app to search the songs or album. And then you can drag and drop to import them to the DRmare main screen.
- Step 2Choose output format for Chromebook
- By using a compatible media player on your Chromebook, you won't have any problem in playing local music files. All you need is to make sure you have installed right audio codec. To save you from any inconvenience, "MP3" could be the best output format.
- Step 3Download music from Spotify for free
- Next, you can click the drop list from the bottom left to customize the output folder. Press the "Convert" button from the bottom right side to initialize the converting process. With the batch converting feature, it won't be long before you get all your favorite songs offline. All Spotify tracks are local files.
- Step 4Add Spotify local files to Chromebook
- Finally, you can move the downloaded Spotify playlists to Chromebook internal storage. Copying and pasting is pretty easy way. You need to login your Chromebook > Click the app "Files" > Locate your files. Now, you can locate and add Spotify local files to Chromebook for playing offline.
- Video Demo2 Ways to Get Spotify on Chromebook
More Tips: Fix Spotify Web Player Not Working on Chromebook
A Chromebook is a tablet or laptop powered by the Chrome OS. In general, it offers an easier way to listen to music through the cloud server instead of local storage. So if you think the above 2 solutions have a little comprehensive, you can try to use Spotify Web Player.
Since more and more people complained about the Spotify Web Player not working on Chromebook, here we will introduce the steps on how to use it. As a result, you can avoid encountering this trouble.
Step 1. Launch Chrome browser, type the URL "play.spotify.com" and press "Enter".
Step 2. If it is the first time you use the Spotify Web Player, it will prompt you to do some settings. You can enter the address "chrome://settings/content" and then make sure the option "Allow site to play protected content" is enabled under "Protected content".
Step 3. Now you can refresh the page "play.spotify.com" and log in with your account. If you don't have it, you can also sign up for a new one.
Step 4. To listen to songs, you just need to search and click it to start playing.
Conclusion: You can find 3 ways to listen to Spotify music on Chromebook in this article. No matter you'd like to play Spotify songs offline or online, have Spotify Premium or not, you can get the most suitable solution to play music on Chromebook.