"Can I download Spotify on my Chromebook?" Chromebook is light, portable and quite cheap. So, it is popular with most students. Yet, now there is no Spotify Chromebook integration. So, how to get Spotify on Chromebook?
In this article, you can see how to get Spotify for Chromebook by Spotify Web Player, Spotify Android version, and Linux. Also, we will show you how to download Spotify songs on Chromebook for free. Here you can follow the full guide below.
Part 1. How to Get Spotify Premium Free Chromebook
In this part, let's check how to get Spotify premium for free on Chromebook. It allows users to download songs from Spotify on Chromebook. It should be the best way for students. To use this way, you will need the DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Chromebook.
This tool can download and convert Spotify music for free on Windows and Mac computers. That's to say, users can download Spotify songs without premium. Then they can get Spotify premium free Chromebook work. And you don't need to worry about any network filters to block Spotify anymore.
Besides, with this DRmare program, you can convert songs from Spotify to MP3, AAC and more. And you can alter audio parameters for Spotify Chromebook. For example, you can customize audio channel, bit rate, and so on you like. Also, you can archive Spotify songs by Artist, Album and more. Then you can manage your Spotify for school Chromebook.
By using DRmare Music Converter, you can get songs from Spotify as local files. Then you can save them onto your computer. And you can move Spotify to other platforms for use without any limit.
Best Spotify Music Converter for Chromebook
- Download Spotify songs with up to 5X converting speed for Chromebook
- Support all Spotify tracks, playlists, and albums from any artists you like
- Keep ID3 tags and convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, M4B, M4A, FLAC, and WAV
- Handy solution to download, encode and archive Spotify songs by Album/Artist
How to Download Spotify Playlists on Chromebook via DRmare Music Converter
How do you download Spotify music on Chromebook with DRmare Spotify Music Converter? It supports to work well with both Spotify free and premium accounts perfectly. It can download songs from Spotify online on your Windows or Mac computers. Here we will show you how to unblock Spotify on school Chromebook.
- Step 1Set up DRmare Music Converter program
- To get Spotify for school Chromebook, please get the DRmare Music Converter on your other computer first. You can finish it by hitting on the 'Download' button above. Then you can follow the instruction to complete the installation. Once done, open the program. At this time, you will see the Spotify app showed also.
- Step 2Add the link of your favorite Spotify playlist to DRmare
- Go to the pop-up Spotify window. Get the link to the Spotify album, then paste it to the top search box of DRmare. And then press "+". Else, you can go to the Spotify app to search the songs or albums. And then you can drag & drop to import them to the DRmare main screen.
- Step 3Choose output format for Chromebook Spotify
- To save you from any inconvenience, "MP3" could be the best output format for Spotify on Chromebook. Please find the 'Preferences' menu and click on it on the DRmare program. Then you can start to set the MP3 audio format for Spotify on school Chromebook. Besides, you can change the bit rate, audio channel, and more you like.
- Step 4Download Spotify for Chromebook free
- Press the "Convert" button from the bottom right side to initialize the converting process. With the batch converting feature, it won't be long before you get all your favorite songs offline. All Spotify tracks are local files after converting.
- Step 5How to add songs to Spotify on Chromebook
- At last, you can move the downloaded Spotify playlists to Chromebook internal storage. You can save the local Spotify songs to your USB drive from your computer first. Then connect the USB drive to your Chromebook and move Spotify files to it. After that, you can listen to Spotify on school Chromebook.
Part 2. How to Listen to Spotify on School Chromebook by Spotify Web Player
A Chromebook is a tablet or laptop powered by Chrome OS. In general, it offers an easier way to listen to music through the cloud server instead of local storage. So, the easiest way to make Spotify unblocked for school Chromebook could be using Spotify Web Player. The Spotify Web Player Chromebook has the same design as the desktop app. You can use it to create your playlists and browse songs you like with the same experience. Besides, now users can access Spotify library via Spotify Web Player by Chrome OS.
Here let's check how to use Spotify on Chromebook by Spotify Web Player.
Step 1. Open the web browser to launch Spotify Web Player. You can type 'https://open.spotify.com/' on the browser address bar to enter.
Step 2. For the new Spotify Web Player users, you will get a message. It says 'Playback of protected content is not enabled'. To solve it, you need to type 'chrome://settings/content' in a new browser tab. Then check out 'Enable the web player'. For more detail, please check the post: Spotify Web Player Not Working.
Step 3. Back to the page of Spotify Web Player. Then log in to your Spotify account or register a new one. Now, you can begin to play tracks from Spotify on Chromebook.
Yet, there are some limits for Spotify Web Player Chromebook. Please check them below.
1. It's not available to download Spotify music on Chromebook offline. Spotify premium users can't do that also.
2. There is no settings options on Spotify Web Player. That's to say, you can't adjust the streaming quality.
3. The browser may not keep your login information after a reboot. So, you need to log in to your account once again.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify on Chromebook via Google Play Store
It's well-known that there is no official Spotify app for Chromebook now. While the latest Chromebook models supports the Google Play Store. It means that users can install the Android version of the Spotify for Chromebook app. With this app, you can download Spotify songs on Chromebook offline. How to install the Android version of Spotify on your Chromebook? Now, you can refer to the following one-by-one steps.
How to Install Spotify on Chromebook
Step 1. Please make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date in advance. And then navigate to the time at the bottom right.
Step 2. Choose the 'Settings' option. In the 'Google Play Store' section, there is an 'Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook' button. Please turn it on. Then follow the instruction.
Step 3. Find and download the Spotify app for the Android version on your Chromebook.
Step 4. Now, you can open the Spotify Chromebook app. And then download Spotify playlists on Chromebook for offline listening with your Spotify Premium plan.
Part 4. How to Use Spotify on School Chromebook by Linux
If your Chromebook was updated to the latest version of Chrome OS, then you can install the Linux OS in it. And then you can download Spotify for Chromebook from it. Here let's check how to do that.
Step 1. Go to the Linux apps section from your App Drawer on Chromebook, and launch a Terminal.
Step 2. Go to add the Spotify repository signing keys. This is to make any downloads can be verified. Please enter the command: sudo apt-key adv –keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 –recv-keys 931FF8E79F0876134EDDBDCCA87FF9DF48BF1C90
Step 3. Now, type the command to add the Spotify repository: echo deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/spotify.list
Step 4. Here enter the command: sudo apt-get update to update the list of the packages that are available to you.
Step 5. Next, type sudo apt-get install spotify-client to install Spotify.
Step 6. When it is done, you can get the Spotify app on your Linux apps menu.
Step 7. Launch the Spotify app and start to listen to Spotify on Chromebook via Linux OS.
Part 5. FAQs about Spotify Chromebook
Q1: What Is Chromebook?
A: Chromebook is a laptop that runs on Google OS. By accessing any program on Chromebook, you need to download them from the Google Play Store on Chromebook. Also, everything needs to be performed via Google Chrome. And you need a browser to do stuff.
Q2: Can I Upload My Local Files to Spotify via My Chromebook?
A: If you use Spotify Web Player on Chromebook, you can't upload your local files to Spotify. While with the Spotify app installed by Linux OS or Google Play Store on your Chromebook, you can upload local files to Spotify for use.
Q3: Can I Download Spotify App on Chromebook?
A: You can download the Spotify app for Chromebook from Google Play Store on your Chromebook. Also, you can install the Linux OS on your Chromebook and then download the Spotify application from it.
Q4: Why Won't Spotify Work on Chromebook?
A: You can check the internet connection first. Also, you can update your Chromebook OS or the Spotify app to the latest version.
Part 6. Conclusion
From this post, you get 4 ways to make Spotify unblocked for school Chromebook. No matter what, you can get the best way how to unblock Spotify on Chromebook here. To use Spotify for school Chromebook offline, you may need the DRmare Music Converter. With it, you will learn how to download Spotify songs on Chromebook for free. Then you can enjoy Spotify music on Chromebook with ease.