"Does Spotify work on Chromebook?" Chromebook is light, portable and quite cheap. Thus, it is popular with most students. However, for Spotify Chromebook, currently, there is no official Spotify app on Chromebook. So, how to use Spotify on Chromebook?
In this article, you can see how to play Spotify songs on Chromebook by Spotify Web Player and Spotify Android version. Also, we will show you how to download Spotify songs on Chromebook for free.
Part 1. How to Download Spotify on Chromebook at Free
In this part, let's check the first way. It allows users to download songs from Spotify on Chromebook. It should be the best way for students. To use this way, you will need to use the DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Chromebook.
This tool can download and convert Spotify music for free on Windows and Mac computers. That is to say users can download Spotify songs with premium. Then they can get Spotify premium free Chromebook work. And you don't need to worry about any network filters to block Spotify any more.
Besides, with the DRmare program, you can convert songs from Spotify to MP3, AAC and more. And you can alter audio parameters for Spotify Chromebook. For example, you can customize audio channel, bit rate, and so on as you like. Also, you can archive Spotify songs by Artist, Album and more. Then you can easily manage your Spotify for Chromebook.
By using DRmare Music Converter, you can get songs from Spotify as local files. Then you can save them onto your computer. And you can move Spotify to other platforms for using without any limit.
Best Spotify Music Converter for Chromebook
- Download Spotify songs with up to 5X converting speed for Chromebook
- Support all Spotify tracks, playlists, albums from any artists you like
- Keep ID3 tags and convert Spotify songs to MP3, AAC, M4B, M4A, FLAC, WAV
- Handy solution to download, encode and archive Spotify songs by Album/Artist
How to Download Spotify on Chromebook via DRmare Music Converter
How do you download Spotify music on Chromebook with DRmare Spotify Music Converter? It supports to work well with both Spotify free and premium accounts perfectly. It can download songs from Spotify online directly on your Windows or Mac computers. Here we will show you how to get Spotify premium for free on Chromebook.
- Step 1Set up DRmare Music Converter program
- To get Spotify download Chromebook, please get the DRmare Music Converter on your computer first. Just finish it by hitting on the 'Download' button above. Then you can follow the instruction to complete the installation. Once done, open the program. At this time, you will see the Spotify app showed also.
- Step 2Add the link of your favorite Spotify playlist to DRmare
- Go to the pop-up Spotify window. Get the link of the Spotify album, then paste it to the top search box of DRmare. And then press "+". Else, you can go to the Spotify app to search the songs or album. And then you can drag & drop to import them to the DRmare main screen.
- Step 3Choose output format for Spotify Chromebook
- To save you from any inconvenience, "MP3" could be the best output format for Spotify on Chromebook. Please find the 'Preferences' menu and click on it on DRmare program. Then you can start to set the MP3 audio format for Spotify on school Chromebook. Besides, you can change the bit rate, audio channel, etc. if you like.
- Step 4Download Spotify for Chromebook free
- Press the "Convert" button from the bottom right side to initialize the converting process. With the batch converting feature, it won't be long before you get all your favorite songs offline. All Spotify tracks are local files after converting.
- Step 5Add and play Spotify on Chromebook
- Finally, you can move the downloaded Spotify playlists to Chromebook internal storage. Copying and pasting is pretty easy way. You need to login your Chromebook. Then click the app "Files" > Locate your files. Now, you can locate and add Spotify local files to Chromebook for playing offline.
- Video DemoDownload music from Spotify on Chromebook without premium
Part 2. Download Spotify for Chromebook by Spotify Web Player
A Chromebook is a tablet or laptop powered by the Chrome OS. In general, it offers an easier way to listen to music through the cloud server instead of local storage. So, the easiest way to play Spotify on Chromebook could be using Spotify Web Player. The Spotify Web Player Chromebook has the same design as the desktop app. You can use it to create your playlists, browse songs you like with the same experience. Besides, now users can access to Spotify library via Spotify Web Player by Chrome OS.
Here let's check how to use Spotify on Chromebook by Spotify Web Player.
Step 1. Open the web browser to launch Spotify Web Player. You can type 'https://open.spotify.com/' on the browser address bar to enter.
Step 2. For the first time Spotify Web Player users, you will get a message. It says 'Playback of protected content is not enabled'. To solve it, you need to type 'chrome://settings/content' in a new browser tab. Then check out 'Enable the web player'. For more details, please check https://www.drmare.com/spotify-music/spotify-web-player-not-working.html.
Step 3. Back to the page of Spotify Web Player. Then log in your Spotify account or register a new one. Now, you can begin to play tracks from Spotify on Chromebook.
However, there are some limits for Spotify Web Player Chromebook. It's not available to download Spotify music on Chromebook offline. Spotify premium users can't do that also.
Part 3. How to Get Spotify on School Chromebook via Play Store
It's well-known that there is no official Spotify for Chromebook app currently. Fortunately, in the latest Chromebook models, it supports the Google Play Store. It means that users can install the Android version of the Spotify app for Chromebook. With the help of this app, you can download music from Spotify on Chromebook offline. As for how to install the Android version of Spotify on your Chromebook, please refer to the following one-by-one steps.
How to Install Spotify on Chromebook
Step 1. Please make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date in advance. And then navigate to the time at the bottom right.
Step 2. Choose the 'Settings' option. In the 'Google Play Store' section, there is an 'Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook' button. Please turn it on. Then follow the instruction.
Step 3. Find and download the Spotify app for the Android version on your Chromebook.
Step 4. Now, you can open the Spotify Chromebook app. And then download your favorite tunes for offline listening with your Premium subscription.
In this post, you get 3 ways to play Spotify on Chromebook. No matter what, you can get the most suitable solution to play music on Chromebook here. But if you want to use Spotify for school Chromebook offline, you may need to use DRmare Music Converter. With it, you can download songs on Spotify on Chromebook for free. Then you can enjoy Spotify songs on Chromebook with ease.