Q: "Can JRiver work with Spotify? I don't want to subscribe to the Spotify premium plan anymore. But there are so many songs I love on Spotify. JRiver is a good tool to play music. So if there is any way to transfer Spotify to JRiver?"
Of course you can import Spotify to JRiver. JRiver Media Center, the multifunctional tool, enables you to get media files and photos, play audios and videos on your Win or Mac computer. But if you try to play Spotify in JRiver, you need to go with us to get the solution. Let's go!
Part 1. How to Link Your Spotify to JRiver - Tool Required
As Spotify premium account allows you to play songs without network connection, you can listen to Spotify music offline anytime inside the app. Yet you are not permitted to move Spotify songs to JRiver even if you are a subscriber because what you have in the Spotify app is cache files. They can not be played in JRiver. Furthermore, the music in Spotify is formed in Ogg Vorbis. The format is not compatible with JRiver. JRiver supports FLAC, APE, ALAC, WM, AIFF, WAV, etc. So you have to change Spotify's format to add Spotify music to JRiver.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is what you need for format change between Spotify and JRiver. The DRmare software aims to convert Ogg Vorbis to MP3, FLAC, WAV, W4A and W4B. Spotify files of these formats are available to JRiver. Once you use the DRmare Spotify to JRiver Converter, you can get the lossless Spotify tracks within a coffee time as the tool runs at 5X faster speed. What's more, the songs' information like year, genre, title, composer, album cover will be preserved.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Part 2. How to Play Spotify in JRiver
Now follow the detailed guide below to convert Spotify for JRiver. Just with a few clicks, you can succeed in playing Spotify on multiple devices.
- Step 1Stream Spotify Tracks to DRmare
- Reach the DRmare official website. Download and install the DRamre Spotify Music Converter on your computer of Win or Mac system. Launch it. A clean interface will pop up with the Spotify app opened at the same time. Now you should pick the songs from Spotify for the conversion. To upload them to the DRmare program, you can drag them to the conversion window. Or you can copy the URL and paste it to the search bar. Then hit the "+" button. The Spotify songs will be sent to the conversion window at once automatically.
- Step 2Customize Output Parameters for JRiver
- Drop your mouse on the "Preference" icon on the top right of the window. You can choose the output format from the six ones for JRiver as you prefer. Next, you can personalize the channel, bit rate and sample rate to get Spotify files of higher quality. The DRmare Spotify Songs Downloader also allows to set the conversion speed as 1X faster speed so the unexpected errors could be avoided. You can also archive the output tracks by Artist or Album by tapping on the option. In addition, you can reset the output folder by hitting the "Converted" button on the bottom of the interface.
- Step 3Convert Spotify Music for JRiver
- Click the "Convert" icon to start the conversion from Spotify to JRiver. When you finish all the conversion, tap on the pop-out red spot. Then you can locate the transferred Spotify files on your computer. But if you use the free trial version of DRmare JRiver Spotify Converter, you can only get one-third file of each converted track. If you want to be free from the restriction, you are supposed to purchase the DRmare software.
- Step 4Add Spotify to JRiver
Now do the steps below. Then you can successfully upload Spotify music to JRiver for your offline playing.
1. Move converted Spotify tracks to JRiver.
2. Click "Tools" > "Import". Follow Media Import wizard.
3. Choose Auto-Import and find the folder that you pick in the background.
Part 3. To Sum Up
As you can see from the above, you can quickly get the converted Spotify songs with the power of DRmare Spotify Converter. After you load the transferred files to JRiver, you can play Spotify in JRiver freely without subscription. The tracks from Spotify without quality loss will immerse you in the ocean of wonderful music. With the ID3 tags saved for each Spotify track, you can easily identify the target song for your entertainment in JRiver.