How to Stream Spotify to Squeezebox Music Player
For music geeks, Squeezebox is not a new thing. It is a versatile network music player from Logitech. This tool enables you to connect to different kinds of online streaming music like Pandora, Sirius, Last.fm, Spotify, Napster as well as the local songs from the network drives or local computer running the Logitech Media Server.
Take Spotify for example, previously you just need to log into the Squeezebox's app with the Squeezebox account, add the Spotify app plugin and login with the Spotify Premium credentials, then the Spotify music will show up on the main screen of Squeezebox and you can pick up the songs you want to stream freely.
Unfortunately Squeezebox was discontinued and Spotify dropped the support of Squeezebox. Hence, you are not able to stream Spotify to Squeezebox and many old users with the Squeezebox Boom/Radio/Touch are looking for alternative solutions. Now look no further. This tutorial will cover all the useful tips you want.
Part 1. Is There Another Way to Stream Spotify to Squeezebox?
Squeezebox doesn't support to connect to online streaming music services anymore. But users can still listen to local songs if they set up the Logitech Media Server, also known as Slim Server or Squeezebox Server.
So the question if you can stream Spotify music to Squeezebox depends on if you can turn Spotify online songs to offline music.
Like any other streaming music, Spotify is protected officially, making it difficult to copy to other places. In addition, even if you subscribe to the Spotify Premium to download the songs offline, you still can't locate them as they are encrypted.
To solve this problem, one of the best options is to decrypt Spotify songs by using DRmare Music Converter for Spotify. This software combines the advanced technology to unlock encrypted songs without touching the music quality and the converting speed is up to 5X.
It comes with a free trial version, you can evaluate it to find out how does it works to decide if it is a right software for you.
Part 2. How to Convert Spotify to Squeezebox Compatible Songs?
DRmare software is a very easy software. Generally you can follow the screen instruction to do it by yourself. But if you don't want to waste any time, the best way is to follow the steps below to unlock and convert Spotify music.
- Step 1Add the link of Spotify tracks
- If you have already got the link of your Spotify songs, albums, playlists, you just need to copy & paste the link to the top address bar and press "+" to import the tracks. Alternatively you can also drag & drop the Spotify items from the Spotify desktop app, DRmare software will automatically capture the link of the music.
- Step 2Set Squeezebox compatible format
- Squeezebox supports different formats including FLAC, MP3, WAV, OGG and ACC. Please just go to the preferences of the DRmare software and select one format you like. Here I'd recommend you to choose MP3 which is an universal format. It won't be wrong no matter how you want to use the songs for.
- Step 3Unlock Spotify songs
- Now please head to the bottom to pick up an output folder and click "Convert" to start converting your Spotify songs to MP3. Within a short time, you will get the songs saved on your local computer.
Part 3. Listen to Spotify Music Anywhere with Squeezebox Player
Now you can copy the converted Spotify MP3 songs to your USB or SD card and plug it into the slot of your Squeezebox Boom/Touch/Radio and then select the Spotify song you want to stream freely.
If you'd rather not use a flash drive or SD card to stream Spotify on Squeezebox, you can also get the Squeezebox Server to help you. Please follow the steps:
- Download and install the Squeezebox Server.
- Then launch Squeezebox Server and login with your account, it will scan all the music from your computer including the Spotify songs you downloaded..
- Click the Squeezebox Server icon from your system tray and select "Open Control Panel". From there, you can select the music library and rename it.
- On your Squeezebox Touch/Boom/Radio, you can click "My Music" > "Switch Library" to select the music you want from the server to listen.