"How to insert music from Spotify into Ableton Live?" Ableton Live is one of the first music applications to automatically beatmatch songs. It's equipped with controls of beatmatching, crossfading, etc. used by turntablists.
However, as for Spotify Ableton Live, there is no direct way to get them work. But take it ease. Here we will show you how import songs from Spotify to Ableton Live with ease.
Part 1. Import Spotify to Ableton Live by DRmare Music Converter
Brief Introduction of DRmare Music Converter
To get Ableton Spotify work, you need a Spotify music downloader. It is because Spotify music is protected. And you can't move Spotify to Ableton Live, etc. for using.
Yet the format of Spotify music is protected Ogg Vorbis. Before routing Spotify to Ableton Live, you have to convert Spotify to plain audios first. Only these common formats are available for Ableton Live.
DRmare Music Converter is a tool get Ableton Live Spotify work. You can get the Spotify songs of original quality after the conversion. At the same time, it helps you keep the ID3 tags of the songs. So, you can easily identify the songs while using a Spotify track in Ableton Live.
Moreover, DRmare Music Converter runs at 5X faster speed. Therefore, you won't need to wait for a long time to get the transferred Spotify files. Once converted, you can move Spotify to Ableton Live for playing with ease.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Convert Spotify to Ableton Live - Detailed Tutorial
To guide you to get Spotify to Ableton Live, we make a detailed tutorial for you as follows.
- Step 1Load Spotify tracks to DRmare Music Converter
- Download the official DRmare Spotify Music Converter and launch it. The Spotify app would run simultaneously. Pick the Spotify songs you plan to convert for Ableton Live. Then drag them into the conversion window of the DRmare software. Or you could paste their URL into the search bar of it. Then hit '+' button, the Spotify tracks would thereby be uploaded.
- Step 2Personalize Spotify output settings for Ableton Live
- Find 'DRmare Music Converter' on Mac main system or tag the "menu" on DRmare Windows version. Then choose "Preference" button. You are allowed to set the output audio format from the six ones. They are MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B. Just select one of them. To get Spotify files of better quality for Ableton Live, you can define the parameters. You can alter the channel, bit rate and sample rate. Besides, you can archive the output tracks by Artist/Album or Artist.
- Step 3Download Spotify to Ableton Live
- Click the "Convert" icon, then the conversion will begin. You will get the converted files in the history folder within a few seconds. Tips: The trial version of the DRmare Music Converter only supports one-minute conversion. But, you can have a full converted file after your purchase.
Part 2. Record Spotify into Ableton Live by DRmare Audio Capture
To get Ableton Spotify work, here is another tool to help you. Just check out this part and see how to do that.
DRmare Audio Capture is a powerful tool to download music from Spotify and other sources. It can record and sample from Spotify to Ableton Live with original quality. You can edit and trim the recorded Spotify music files as you like. And you can customize the audio format, bit rate, etc. as you want. After then, you can import songs from Spotify to Ableton Live for playing.
How to Record Spotify into Ableton Live via DRmare Audio Capture
Here let's see how to record Spotify to Ableton Live as below.
Step 1. Open DRmare Audio Capture
Please download and set up the DRmare Audio Capture on your computer. Then launch it. At the main window, you can see the icon of iTunes, Chrome, etc. If the Spotify app is not in the list, just hit '+' to get it in.
Step 2. Set Spotify Output Format for Ableton Live
Hit on the 'format' icon. Then you can alter the Spotify output parameters. You can set the audio format, sample rate, etc. as you like of Spotify Ableton Live.
Step 3. Record from Spotify to Alelton Live
Click on Spotify icon at DRmare main screen. Find and play the songs you like. Then DRmare will record music from Spotify for you. You can see the recording process of Spotify music.
Step 4. Edit and Save Spotify Music for Ableton Live
Once recorded, hit 'edit' icon to trim Spotify tracks if you want. Or, directly click 'Save' button to keep Spotify on your computer.
Step 5. Check Spotify Songs on Your Computer
Now, hit 'Converted' button to check the recorded Spotify songs on your computer.
Part 3. How to Import Songs from Spotify to Ableton Live
With two tools above, you are ready to get Ableton Live Spotify work. You can see how to insert music from Spotify into Ableton Live as below.
Step 1. Open Ableton Live on your computer.
Step 2. Touch 'File' > 'New Live Set' to create a new project.
Step 3. Choose and hit on one of the three file browser icons at the left side on Ableton Live. Then you can browse the folders on your computer.
Step 4. Hit the triangle next to a folder at the file browser window. Then locate the folder of the downloaded Spotify music files.
Step 5. Touch 'Preview' button on Ableton Live. Then you can pre-listen the Spotify songs before adding to Ableton Live.
Step 6. Now, import Spotify to Ableton Live window. At last, you can play Spotify through Ableton Live with ease.
Part 4. By Verdict
Things are easy as you can see from the above. You will get Spotify to Ableton Live with the tools here. Each tool has its own advantages. You can choose one you like to get Ableton Spotify work. Finally, you can mix, arrange, and master the converted Spotify songs in Ableton Live.