"Can you record music from Spotify?" On Spotify, Premium users can download and listen to Spotify songs offline. Yet, Spotify free users can't do that. So, more and more people would like to record songs from Spotify.
To record from Spotify, there are tools to help. In this post, you will get the best 6 ways to help you record audio from Spotify. It includes the ways by using Audacity, free, and the best. Now, let's read the post below to find more detail to make it.
Part 1. How to Record Music from Spotify via DRmare Spotify Recorder
Spotify allows users to access more than 70 million songs on many platforms. Users can discover new music and create unique playlists based on personal tastes. But there are lots of restrictions on Spotify and for Spotify free users. For example, they need to enjoy Spotify music online on authorized platforms with ads. In this case, the best way to play Spotify music is to record music from Spotify.
To do that, DRmare Spotify Music Converter must be included. This Spotify Recorder from DRmare Software can download and record songs from Spotify in batches.
It adopts the background acceleration recording technology by a standalone virtual sound card. So, it can record audio from Spotify at a 5X faster speed with zero quality loss. This Spotify music recorder can record from Spotify all content. That includes playlists, songs, audiobooks, and more. It can keep the 320kbps quality for Spotify free and premium users.
What's more, it's also a Spotify converter. It can do Spotify format conversion. It can not only record Spotify to MP3, but also FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Due to this function, you can transfer and play Spotify songs on all devices offline.
Also, it supports to edit the audio channel, sample rate and more for Spotify music. So, you can change them as you want. Then you can record music from Spotify with a better listening experience.
DRmare Spotify Recorder to Record Songs from Spotify
- Batch import and record from Spotify songs, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, and albums
- Quickly and losslessly convert Spotify music to FLAC, MP3, M4A, M4B, WAV, and AAC
- Keep the original ID3 tags, metadata, and audio quality while running at a fast rate
- Lifetime free updates and technical support, you can use it forever
How to Record Music from Spotify Mac/Windows by DRmare Music Converter - Guide
The trial version of DRmare Spotify Music Converter allows you to evaluate it for free. Please download the software first. And then we will show how to use it to 5X record Spotify to MP3 on Mac or PC.
- Step 1Import songs from Spotify for recording
- DRmare Spotify Recorder has the best integration with the Spotify app. After opening the DRmare software, you will see the Spotify app opens as well. Then you can drag & drop the songs you want from Spotify to DRmare for recording. Or, get the URL of the songs and put it into the search bar on DRmare. And then, touch the plus icon to load Spotify audio tracks for recording.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format as MP3
- If you'd like to have the best compatibility on the output audio files, you can keep MP3 as the output format by default. Else, if you'd like to keep 100% lossless quality, you can choose a lossless format WAV. Also, you can adjust the audio channel, audio bitrate, and more for Spotify song recording. Once done, hit the 'OK' button.
- Step 3Record music from Spotify to MP3 at a 5X speed
- At last, you can select an output folder and click the "Convert" button. This excellent Spotify recorder will help you record audio from Spotify to MP3. If you have a lot of songs, you need to let the software convert by itself without wasting your time. When done, hit the 'converted' icon to find the songs on your computer.
- Convert up to 100 songs in batch at a time
- Lossless output quality of Spotify music and 5X converting speed
- Easy-to-use and easy interface, best user experience
- Archive your output Spotify songs, keep your music library organized
- It costs $14.95 to buy a full version
Part 2. How to Record Spotify with Audacity
If you only want to record a few songs, you can use the Audacity Spotify converter. It is a free and open-source audio recording and editing software. It can record from Spotify and others. Also, it works well on Windows, Mac, Unix systems, and so on.
It can add audio effects, and multitrack mixing for Spotify recording audio. The stunning feature of Audacity is that it has an auto-noise reducing feature. It is capable of recording Spotify with Audacity without extra noise. That is a huge advantage compared to any other free Spotify audio recorders in the market.
Eager to record Spotify with Audacity? Let's see the complete steps below.
How to Record Spotify with Audacity Mac/Windows
Step 1. Open Audacity from your Mac or Windows computer. Then you will see its main screen.
Step 2. Launch the Spotify app and start to play a song you want to record.
Step 3. Click the red recording button, Audacity will record music from Spotify in real time.
Step 4. When it is done, you can click the black stop button to end the recording. Now, you can do some editing. You can cut the unwanted Spotify audio parts out or else.
Step 5. You can click "File" > "Export". Then choose "Export as MP3" or "Export as WAV" to save Spotify songs.
- Powerful editing features such as trim, cut, draw, zoom, copy, and so forth
- Support recording music from Spotify and other sources, like Tidal, Deezer, and more
- Support compressed formats MP3, FLAC, OGG, and uncompressed formats AIFF, WAV
- It is free
- The software is kind of difficult to use. It takes some time for you to learn and handle the software
- It takes real-time to record songs from Spotify one by one
Part 3. How to Record Music from Spotify by DRmare Audio Capture
To record music from Spotify, here is another tool for you. That is to use the DRmare Audio Capture. It is a nice tool for recording music from Spotify.
With this tool, you can record Spotify to MP3 and more audio formats. Also, you can change the codec, bit rate, channel and other audio parameters as you want. After recording, you can cut and trim the Spotify audio and save them to local.
Also, DRmare Audio Capture can batch recording audio at a time. So, you can play multiple audio tracks and let DRmare record for you.
What's more, this tool not only can record and rip music from Spotify. It can also rip music from Tidal and other sources. It can capture any sound from your computer without any problem.
How to Use DRmare Audio Capture
Step 1. Get and set up the DRmare Audio Capture on your computer.
Step 2. Set the audio format to record music from Spotify.
Step 3. Go to Spotify Web Player or Spotify app in the DRmare program.
Step 4. Find and then play the Spotify songs you want to record.
Step 5. Once recorded, edit or save the audio files to your computer.
- Record audio tracks from many sources on your computer
- Get audio files to MP3, AAC and other common audio tracks
- Support to edit and trim soundtracks after recording
- Can batch capture and record music files
- Keep original sound quality and ID3 tags
- Not free
Part 4. How to Record Music from Spotify Free
In fact, Audacity is a program to record music from Spotify free. But here, we will also introduce other free Spotify recorders to you.
Spytify is only available for Windows operating systems. Yet, it can record songs from Spotify without recording ads and keeping high quality.
Like Audacity, it can split Spotify audio recordings into small audio clips. And it can record Spotify to MP3 free with ID3 tags and metadata preserved. For free users, it can keep 160kbps files. For Premium users, it can record music from Spotify at 320kbps. As it's very easy to operate, we don't give the introduction of the user guide of Spytify here.
- It can record Spotify music for free without ads
- The recorded tracks are the same as the officially released ones
- Spytify doesn't have a Mac version
- It takes lots of time to record Spotify music
Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder is a great online tool to record music from Spotify online. It can also record audio from video platforms, radio stations and so on. This tool can output audio formats like MP3, FLAC and more. So, you can choose your desired output format for your audio tracks.
Below are the steps for you to record audio from Spotify online by Apowersoft.
Step 1. Go to the Spotify web player website. Then sign in to your Spotify account and search for the song you want to record.
Step 2. Head to the Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder webpage. Then download a launcher if it is your first time using it.
Step 3. Touch the 'Record' button to play the target Spotify song. Once recorded, click on the 'Stop' button. And then you can find the recorded Spotify music in 'Show in Folder'.
- Keep audio to a lot of common audio formats
- Record any audio playing on the computer
- Take some time to record songs from Spotify
- Can't save sound with the original quality
3. Dojotech Spotify Recorder
Dojotech Spotify Recorder is a free audio recording program. So, you can use it to record music from Spotify free to MP3 format. Also, it allows users to tag the files by adding album and genre. And you can change the bit rate, volume and so on before recording. Yet, it only works on Windows XP or lower Windows OS.
- Easy to operate
- Adjust file tags and metadata of songs
- Only supports Windows XP or earlier version
- Low output sound quality
Part 5. In Conclusion
To record music from Spotify, here we listed 6 methods for you. If you have no idea which way to choose, you can glance at the comparison table below.
|DRmare Spotify Music Converter||Audacity||DRmare Audio Capture||Spytify||Apowersoft||Dojotech|
|Supported OS||Windows/Mac||Windows/Mac/Linux||Windows/Mac||Windows||Windows/Mac||Windows XP or lower|
|Supported Input Audio||All Spotify contents||Spotify audio tracks and other audios from computer||All sounds from the computer||Spotify music||Any audio from the computer||Any audio from the computer|
|Supported Output Audio||MP3/WAV/FLAC/ |
|MP3||MP3/AAC/M4R and more||MP3|
|Conversion Speed||5X faster speed||Real-time||Real-time||Real-time||Real-time||Real-time|
|Output Quality||Lossless quality||Common quality||High quality||Common quality||Common quality||Common quality|
If you care about efficiency and output quality, DRmare Spotify Recorder wins. It can keep the lossless audio quality of Spotify music. And you can convert Spotify songs at a fast speed. But if you don't want to pay a dime, you can choose one from Audacity, Spytify or other free tools. Or if you want to record music from Spotify and more sources, you can opt for DRmare Audio Capture.