How to Record Music from Spotify to MP3 for Free
"I am looking for a smart tool to record Spotify music for offline playback on a portable device. It could be better to record Spotify to MP3 if that software has the ability. By achieving it, Spotify files will be compatible with almost all devices. Thus, I can explore Spotify audios according to my own style."
With a free subscription, you couldn't listen to Spotify songs offline on selected devices that support the Spotify app. Not to mention the incompatible convenient device. As you asked, one of the easiest ways to break a deadlock is recording music from Spotify.
Fortunately, there are many Spotify recorders well-designed to make it possible with high quality kept. In this article, you will learn how to record Spotify to MP3 for free in 3 workarounds. (Even if you are using a premium account, it's also worth a try. It helps you get rid of all limitations of Spotify playback.)
Part 1. How to Record Spotify with Audacity
Spotify empowers users to access over 70 million songs on many platforms. Users can discover the latest hits and create unique playlists based on personal tastes. But Spotify also features lots of restrictions, especially for Spotify free users. For example, they need to play Spotify music online on authorized platforms with ads. In this case, the best way of enjoying Spotify music is to record audios from Spotify.
When it comes to the professional Spotify recorder, Audacity must be included. It is a free and open-source audio recording and editing software for Spotify and others. It works well for Windows, Mac, Unix systems, and so on.
It can add audio effects, multitrack mixing for Spotify recording audios. The stunning feature of Audacity is that it has the auto noise reducing feature. It is capable of recording Spotify with Audacity without the extra noise. That is a huge advantage compared to any other free Spotify audio recorders in the market.
Can't wait of using Audacity to record Spotify? Let's see the complete steps below.
How to Record Spotify with Audacity for Free
Step 1. Open Audacity from your Mac or Windows computer, you will see its main screen.
Step 2. Launch the Spotify app and start to play a song you want.
Step 3. Click the red recording button, Audacity will record Spotify songs in real-time.
Step 4. When it is done, you can click the black stop button to end the recording. Now, you can do some editing, such as cutting the unwanted Spotify audio parts out.
Step 5. You can click "File" > "Export" > "Export as MP3" or "Export as WAV" to save Spotify songs.
1. Powerful editing features such as trim, cut, draw, zoom, copy, and so forth.
2. Support recording music from Spotify and other sources, like Tidal, Deezer, SoundCloud, Apple Music, iHeartRadio, Pandora.
3. Support compressed formats MP3, FLAC, OGG, and uncompressed formats AIFF, WAV.
4. It is totally free.
1. The software is kind of difficult to use. It takes some time for you to learn and handle the software.
2. It takes real-time to record songs from Spotify one by one.
Part 2. How to Record Spotify to MP3 via DRmare Spotify Recorder
If you record a few songs, you can directly record Spotify with Audacity by following Part 1. But what if you have hundreds or thousands of songs? Obviously, no one will like to spend days or months sitting in front of a computer to record Spotify to MP3.
It adopts the background acceleration recording technology by a standalone virtual sound card. So, it can record Spotify at a 5X faster speed with zero quality loss. This Spotify music recorder can record from Spotify all content, such as playlists, songs, audiobooks, and more. It can keep the 320kbps quality for Spotify free and premium users.
What's more, it's also a Spotify converter, which can do Spotify format conversion. It can not only record Spotify to MP3, but also FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Because of this function, you can transfer and play Spotify songs on all devices offline.
Best Spotify Recorder of 2021
- Batch import and record from Spotify songs, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, albums
- Quickly and lossless export Spotify music to MP3, M4A, M4B, FLAC, WAV, AAC
- Keep original ID3 tags, metadata, album cover, title, author, year, etc.
- Lifetime free update and technical support, you can use it forever
How to Convert Spotify to MP3
The trial version allows you to evaluate it for free. Please download the software and let me walk you through how to use it to 5X record Spotify to MP3 on Mac or PC.
- Step 1Import songs from Spotify for recording
- DRmare Spotify Recorder has the best integration with the Spotify app. After opening DRmare software, you will see the Spotify app opens as well. Then you can drag & drop the songs, playlists you want from Spotify to DRmare for recording. You can add up to 100 tracks at a time.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format as MP3
- If you'd like to have the best compatibility on the output audio files, you can keep MP3 as output format by default. Else if you'd like to keep 100% lossless quality, you can choose a lossless format WAV. Note: The WAV will take up a significantly large space on your computer. Please make sure you have a big enough hard drive.
- Step 3Record Spotify to MP3 at a 5X speed
- Finally, you can select an output folder and click the "Convert" button. This excellent Spotify recorder will help you record Spotify to MP3 automatically. If you have a lot of songs, you need to let the software convert by itself without wasting your time.
- Video DemoHow to Record Spotify to MP3
1. Convert up to 100 songs in batch at a time.
2. Lossless output quality and 5X converting speed.
3. Easy to use easy interface, best user experience.
4. Archive your output songs, keep your music library organized.
1. It costs $14.95 to buy a full version.
Part 3. How to Record Music from Spotify for Free
As a matter of fact, Audacity is a program to record music from Spotify for free. But here, we will also introduce another free Spotify recorder, which is namely Spytify. It's only available for Windows operating systems. Yet, it can record Spotify music without recording ads and keeping high quality.
Like Audacity, it is also able to split Spotify audio recordings into small audio clips. And it can record Spotify to MP3 with ID3 tags and metadata preserved. For free users, it can keep 160kbps files. For Premium users, it can record 320kbps music from Spotify. Because it's very easy to operate, we don't give the introduction of the user guide of Spytify here.
1. It can record Spotify music for free without ads.
2. The recorded tracks are the same as the officially released ones.
1. Spytify doesn't have a Mac version.
2. It takes lots of time to record Spotify music.
Part 4. In Conclusion - Best Way to Record Spotify Music
There are 3 methods to record Spotify music, respectively two free ways, and one fast way. If you take conversion efficiency and output quality into consideration more, DRmare Spotify Recorder wins. But if you don't want to pay a dime, you can choose one from Audacity and Spytity.
In short, all ways can help you record MP3 files from Spotify audio files. You can play Spotify MP3 songs anywhere even without the installment of the Spotify app.