How to Record Music from Spotify - 4 Ways
"Can you record music from Spotify?" "Why do you need to record from Spotify?" On Spotify, Premium users can download and listen to Spotify songs offline. Yet, Spotify free users can't do that. Thus, more and more people would like to record songs from Spotify.
There are tools to help record Spotify music. But in this post, you will get the best 4 ways to help you record audio from Spotify. It includes the ways by using Audacity, free, and the best. For more details, let's read the post below.
Part 1. How to Record Music from Spotify via DRmare Spotify Recorder
Spotify allows users to access more than 70 million songs on many platforms. Users can discover new music and create unique playlists based on personal tastes. But there are lots of restrictions on Spotify. Those are especially for Spotify free users. For example, they need to enjoy Spotify music online on authorized platforms with ads. In this case, the best way to play Spotify music is to record music from Spotify.
It adopts the background acceleration recording technology by a standalone virtual sound card. So, it can record songs from Spotify at a 5X faster speed with zero quality loss. This Spotify music recorder can record from Spotify all content. That includes playlists, songs, audiobooks, and more. It can keep the 320kbps quality for Spotify free and premium users.
What's more, it's also a Spotify converter. It can do Spotify format conversion. It can not only record Spotify to MP3, but also FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Due to this function, you can transfer and play Spotify songs on all devices offline.
Also, it supports to edit the audio channel, sample rate and more for Spotify music. So, you can change them as you want. Then you can record audio from Spotify with a better listening experience.
Best Spotify Recorder to Record Music from Spotify
- Batch import and record from Spotify songs, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, albums
- Quickly and lossless convert Spotify music to MP3, M4A, M4B, FLAC, WAV, AAC
- Keep original ID3 tags, metadata, and audio quality while running at a fast rate
- Lifetime free update and technical support, you can use it forever
How to Record Music from Spotify Mac/Windows - Detailed Guide
The trial version of DRmare Spotify Music Converter allows you to evaluate it for free. Please download the software first. And then we will show how to use it to 5X record from Spotify to MP3 on Mac or PC.
- Step 1Import songs from Spotify for recording
- DRmare Spotify Recorder has the best integration with the Spotify app. After opening DRmare software, you will see the Spotify app opens as well. Then you can drag & drop the songs you want from Spotify to DRmare for recording. You can add up to 100 tracks at a time. Or, get the URL of the songs and put it into the search bar on DRmare. And then, touch the plus icon to load Spotify audio tracks for recording.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format as MP3
- If you'd like to have the best compatibility on the output audio files, you can keep MP3 as output format by default. Else, if you'd like to keep 100% lossless quality, you can choose a lossless format WAV. Also, you can adjust the audio channel, audio bitrate, and more for Spotify songs recording. Once done, hit 'OK' button.
- Step 3Record music from Spotify to MP3 at a 5X speed
- Finally, you can select an output folder and click the "Convert" button. This excellent Spotify recorder will help you record audio from Spotify to MP3. If you have a lot of songs, you need to let the software convert by itself without wasting your time. When done, hit the 'converted' icon to find the songs on your computer.
- Video DemoHow to Record Music from Spotify to MP3
- The video here will show you how to record audio from Spotify by DRmare Music Converter. Just check it out and learn how to make it clearly.
1. Convert up to 100 songs in batch at a time
2. Lossless output quality of Spotify music and 5X converting speed
3. Easy-to-use and easy interface, best user experience
4. Archive your output Spotify songs, keep your music library organized
1. It costs $14.95 to buy a full version
Part 2. How to Record Spotify with Audacity
If you only want to record a few songs, you can record Spotify with Audacity. It is a free and open-source audio recording and editing software. It can work with Spotify and others. Also, it works well for Windows, Mac, Unix systems, and so on.
It can add audio effects, multitrack mixing for Spotify recording audios. The stunning feature of Audacity is that it has the auto noise reducing feature. It is capable of recording Spotify with Audacity without the extra noise. That is a huge advantage compared to any other free Spotify audio recorders in the market.
Can't wait of using Audacity to record Spotify? Let's see the complete steps below.
How to Record Spotify with Audacity Mac/Windows
Step 1. Open Audacity from your Mac or Windows computer. Then you will see its main screen.
Step 2. Launch the Spotify app and start to play a song you want to record.
Step 3. Click the red recording button, Audacity will record music from Spotify in real-time.
Step 4. When it is done, you can click the black stop button to end the recording. Now, you can do some editing. You can cut the unwanted Spotify audio parts out or else.
Step 5. You can click "File" > "Export". Then choose "Export as MP3" or "Export as WAV" to save Spotify songs.
1. Powerful editing features such as trim, cut, draw, zoom, copy, and so forth
2. Support recording music from Spotify and other sources, like Tidal, Deezer, and more
3. Support compressed formats MP3, FLAC, OGG, and uncompressed formats AIFF, WAV
4. It is totally free
1. The software is kind of difficult to use. It takes some time for you to learn and handle the software
2. It takes real-time to record songs from Spotify one by one
Part 3. How to Record Music from Spotify by DRmare Audio Capture
To record music from Spotify, here is another tool for you. That is to use the DRmare Audio Capture. It is a nice tool for recording music from Spotify.
With this tool, you can record Spotify to MP3 and more audio formats. Also, you can change the codec, bit rate, channel and other audio parameters as you want. After recording, you can cut and trim the Spotify audios and save them to local.
Besides, DRmare Audio Capture can batch recording audios at a time. So, you can play multiple audio tracks and let DRmare record for you.
What's more, this tool not only can record music from Spotify. It can also rip music from Tidal and other sources. It can capture any sound from your computer without any problem.
How to Use DRmare Audio Capture
Step 1. Get and set up the DRmare Audio Capture on your computer.
Step 2. Set the audio format to record music from Spotify.
Step 3. Go to Spotify Web Player or Spotify app in DRmare program.
Step 4. Find and then play the Spotify songs you want to record.
Step 5. Once recorded, edit or save the audio files to your computer.
1. Record audio tracks from many sources on your computer
2. Get audio files to MP3, AAC and other common audio tracks
3. Support to edit and trim soundtracks after recording
4. Can batch capture and record music files
5. Keep original sound quality and ID3 tags
1. Not free
Part 4. How to Record Music from Spotify Free
In fact, Audacity is a program to record music from Spotify free. But here, we will also introduce another free Spotify recorder, which is namely Spytify. It's only available for Windows operating systems. Yet, it can record Spotify music without recording ads and keeping high quality.
Like Audacity, it can split Spotify audio recordings into small audio clips. And it can record Spotify to MP3 free with ID3 tags and metadata preserved. For free users, it can keep 160kbps files. For Premium users, it can record music from Spotify at 320kbps. As it's very easy to operate, we don't give the introduction of the user guide of Spytify here.
1. It can record Spotify music for free without ads.
2. The recorded tracks are the same as the officially released ones.
1. Spytify doesn't have a Mac version.
2. It takes lots of time to record Spotify music.
Part 5. In Conclusion
To record music from Spotify, here we listed 4 methods for you. If you have no idea which way to choose, you can glance at the comparison table below.
|DRmare Spotify Music Converter||Audacity||DRmare Audio Capture||Spytify|
|Supported Input Audios||All Spotify contents||Spotify audio tracks and other audios from computer||All sounds from the computer||Spotify music|
|Supported Output Audios||MP3/WAV/FLAC/AAC/M4B/M4A||MP3WAV/AIFF/Ogg Vorbis/AU/FLAC||MP3/WAV/FLAC/AAC/M4B/M4A||MP3|
|Conversion Speed||5X faster speed||Real-time||Real-time||Real-time|
|Output Quality||Lossless quality||Common quality||High quality||Common quality|
If you care about efficiency and output quality, DRmare Spotify Recorder wins. It can keep the lossless audio quality of Spotify music. And you can convert Spotify songs at a fast speed. But if you don't want to pay a dime, you can choose one from Audacity and Spytify. Or if you want to record music from Spotify and more sources, you can opt to DRmare Audio Capture.
In short, all ways here can help you record from Spotify audio files. Just choose the one that suits you to start.