Part 1. How to Record Spotify with Audacity for Free
Audacity is a free and open source audio recording and editing software. It works well for Windows, Mac, Unix systems and so on. It has the features of adding audio effects, multitrack mixing. The best feature is that it has the auto noise reducing feature which can help you record audio files without extra noise. That is a huge advantage compared to any other free audio recorders in the market.
Step 1. Open Audacity from your Mac or Windows computer, you will see its main screen.
Step 2. Launch Spotify app and start to play a song you want.
Step 3. Click the red recording button, it will start to record your song in real time.
Step 4. When it is done, you can click the black stop button to end the recording and you can do some editing such as cut the unwanted parts out.
Step 5. You can click "File" > "Export" > "Export as MP3" or "Export as WAV" to save the Spotify song.
1. Powerful editing features such as trim, cut, draw, zoom, copy and so on.
2. Supports to record music from any sources in theory such as Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, SoundCloud, Apple Music, iHeartRadio, Pandora.
3. Support compressed formats MP3, FLAC, OGG and uncompressed formats AIFF, WAV.
4. It is totally free.
1. The software is kind of difficult to use. It takes some time for you to learn and handle the software.
2. It takes real time to record songs one by one.