Apple Music is one of the popular streaming music services due to its clear sound quality and huge fan base for Apple devices. However, Apple Music songs require a subscription to access. Protected songs will be lost 1 month after subscription ends. And you can only access the Apple Music service through the Apple Music app on a compatible device or its web player.
So, to save all songs and stream Apple Music freely anywhere, recording Apple Music may be an effective way. But how to record from Apple Music? Take it easy! In this article, we will introduce you the 5 best Apple Music recorders in 2023. We've picked these best audio recorders based on ease of use, output quality, and other important factors. Read on and pick up the best one you prefer.
No.1 DRmare Audio Converter
DRmare Apple Music Converter is one of the best Apple Music recorders that lets you losslessly record Apple Music songs. With it, you can record your desired Apple Music with one click and keep 100% original audio quality, including lossless audio quality up to 24-bit/192 kHz and Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio.
Besides Apple Music, it also supports recording iTunes songs, Audible audiobooks, and common audio-only files. Plus, you can customize the output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. It records up to 30X faster, no matter how many songs you have, you can finish the conversion in a short time. After conversion, you can enjoy Apple Music offline on any device.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
How to Record Apple Music to MP3 via DRmare Apple Music Converter
Now please download the free trial version of DRmare Apple Music Converter according to your computer operating system. Then follow us to see how to record music from Apple Music to MP3 easily with the help of this smart tool.
- Step 1Import Apple Music tracks into DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Before we get started, please make sure you have logged in to iTunes. And ensure that you downloaded all the Apple Music songs you want first. Then you can click the "Add Files" button at the bottom left. The DRmare Apple Music Recorder software will pop up you the browse window to import Apple Music files within 1 click. Alternatively, you can directly drag and drop files to this software.
- Step 2Select MP3 output format for Apple Music
- DRmare Apple Music Converter supports many output formats like MP3, M4A, AAC, and so on. You can choose the format you want to export Apple Music. Here we will choose to convert Apple Music to MP3. As MP3 is preset by default in DRmare Apple Music Converter, so you don't need to make any change to it. But you can alter the codec, bitrate, and more for Apple Music songs in the setting window by clicking the 'Audio' icon.
- Step 3Record Apple Music to MP3 at 30X Speed
- Now you can click "Convert" button, then all the Apple Music files will be recorded and saved offline quickly. After the process, you can head to the "Output" folder to find the recorded Apple Music files on your computer. Or you can click on the "History" list with a red tip to listen to Apple Music offline within this software.
- Video Tutorial How to Record from Apple Music with DRmare Audio Converter
- For your convenience, you can also visit this video tutorial to learn how to record from Apple Music:
- Batch converting technology, save your time.
- Keep the lossless quality of the Apple Music songs.
- Preserve full metadata information.
- Easy to use, work 30X faster.
- The premium version is not free.
No.2 TunesKit Screen Recorder
Can you screen record Apple Music? Yes, apart from audio recording software, screen recording software is another easiest tool you can use. TunesKit Screen Recorder is one such tool. No matter what your purpose of recording computer screen, such as creating tutorials, recording gameplay, or capturing video conferences, etc., it can help you capture Apple Music from system sound at the same time. In addition, it supports multiple audio formats, such as MP3, M4A, AIFF, WMA, WAV, etc., and can save Apple Music for offline listening anytime, anywhere.
How to Screen Record Apple Music with Audio by TunesKit Screen Recorder
Step 1. Download and install TunesKit Screen Recorder from its official webpage. Then open it and also launch the iTunes program.
Step 2. Click on the 'Audio Recording' mode and enable the 'System Audio' option, which you will record from.
Step 3. Touch on the 'gear' icon to set the output format and other settings for Apple Music.
Step 4. Hit on the 'REC' button and go to iTunes to play the Apple Music you want to record.
Step 5. Click on the 'Stop' icon to finish the Apple Music recording process. And then you will preview and cut recorded Apple Music files or edit the ID3 tags under the 'Tag' icon.
- Screen record Apple Music with sound to MP3, AIFF, etc.
- Capture audios and videos in high quality.
- Have lots of editing features and effects.
- Need to upgrade to the premium version to unlock limitations.
No.3 DRmare Audio Capture
DRmare Audio Capture is another recording tool that can record music from Apple Music Web Player and iTunes or Apple Music app without affecting the original audio quality. Different from other traditional Apple Music recorders, it also allows users to record and convert Apple Music to pure audio files, such as MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC and other common audio formats.
Plus, it comes with equally powerful editing features. You can edit the ID3 tags of Apple Music recordings and manually split Apple Music songs into small audio segments. After that, you can store the recorded Apple Music files on your computer for use anytime and anywhere.
Plus, it can record audio tracks from Spotify, Tidal, YouTube videos, and more streaming services. You can also play and record local music files on your computer through this tool.
How to Record Apple Music Songs via DRmare Audio Capture
Step 1. Click on the 'Download' button above to download and install DRmare Audio Capture. Or go to DRmare Audio Capture's official webpage to get the program to your computer. After then, open it.
Step 2. Press on the 'audio format' icon. Then you can set the output format to MP3, M4B or other formats from the list.
Step 3. Touch on the 'iTunes' icon at the DRmare main screen. Then you can start to play Apple Music you want to record and convert.
Step 4. Hit the 'Stop' and 'Save' button to keep the recorded Apple Music to your computer.
Step 5. Go to the 'history' icon to check the Apple Music files at the target folder.
- Support to record audio from many sources, like Spotify, Tidal, SoundCloud, etc.
- Allow to trim the recorded audio tracks and edit ID3 tags.
- Save audios with high quality.
- Not free.
For users who want to record music from Apple Music for free, Audacity is one of your best choices. As a free and open-source streaming audio recorder, Audacity can record sounds played on your computer, and edit and mix audio files at the same time. So, when Apple Music is playing on your computer, Audacity can automatically detect and record it.
It also works as a cross-platform Apple Music recording software that can record Apple Music to MP3, WAV, AIFF and Ogg Vorbis on Windows, macOS and Linux operating systems. But it should be pointed out that although it has the noise reduction function, the output quality of Apple Music may be lost.
How to Record Apple Music by Audacity
Step 1. Download and install Audacity for free from its own official website. And then launch it, and you will see the main screen.
Step 2. Launch iTunes and start to play Apple Music from your computer.
Step 3. Click the red 'record' button from Audacity to start recording.
Note: Please don't do any other actions on your computer. Otherwise, it may affect the quality of the recorded audio.
Step 4. When the song ends, you can click the 'stop' button on the Audacity.
Step 5. Now you can try to edit Apple Music songs such as trimming the blank segment out, reducing noise and adding some audio effects. Once done, you can tap the "File" menu > "Export" > "Export as MP3".
- It is free of charge.
- A lot of editing features like other commercial software.
- Support adding third-party plug-ins for additional functionality.
- Only record one song at a time. If you record an Apple Music playlist, all the songs will be combined together.
- The output quality is easy to be affected if some other apps run on your computer.
- Take real time to record songs which is time-consuming.
No.5 Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder
The above tools are third-party applications that require you to install additional software on your computer. If you want to record Apple Music voice online, then you should not miss Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder. It helps capture audio from your computer's sound card and microphone without paying anything. It supports streaming services including Apple Music, voice chat, audio calling, and more. But as a free online tool, it's limited to MP3 output format with lossy sound quality and doesn't have some basic editing functions.
How to Record Music from Apple Music Online via Apowersoft
Step 1. Go to the official webpage of Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder.
Step 2. Touch on the 'Start Recording' button to set up the tool on your browser and enable the launcher.
Step 3. Choose the 'System sound' at the pop-up window.
Step 4. Click on the 'Start' button and then play Apple Music.
Step 5. Once recorded, go to the 'Recording list'. Then hit on 'Open folder' to get the recorded Apple Music songs.
- Capture music from music streaming services, video websites and more.
- Online Apple Music recorder for free.
- Sometimes not stable.
- MP3 is the only output format to record Apple Music songs.
- No editing functions.
Part 6. How to Screen Record Apple Music on iPhone/iPad
So far, you have mastered the skills of recording Apple Music sound on Windows and macOS computers. But what if you have an iPhone or other iOS device? Fortunately, iOS devices have a built-in recording feature that allows you to easily screen record Apple Music with audio. The process is easy to operate. You can refer to the following steps to operate.
How to Record Apple Music on iPhone/iPad
Step 1. First of all, please add Screen Recording to your Control Center on your iPhone by clicking 'Settings' > 'Control Center' > 'More Controls' > 'plus sign' next to Screen Recording option.
Step 2. Tap the 'Start Recording' button under the 'Control Center' and please open the Apple Music app on your iPhone and play and record your favorite music.
Step 3. You can hit on the 'Stop' icon to finish the recording and all Apple Music records will be saved to your mobile phone automatically.
- Capture the screen with Apple Music on your iOS devices.
- It's free.
- There is no edit function and no option to customize output parameters.
Part 7. Comparison of the Top 5 Best Apple Music Recorders
|Support Input||Work Speed||Output Quality||Keep ID3 Tags||Edit Recordings|
|DRmare Apple Music Converter||Windows/Mac||
|Apple Music/iTunes/Audible/other popular audio files||30X||Lossless||✔||❌|
|TunesKit Screen Recorder||Windows/Mac||MP3/M4A/AAC/
|Anything from computer||Real-time||High||✔||✔|
|DRmare Audio Capture||Windows/Mac||MP3/AAC/M4A/
|Streaming audio and video services||Real-time||High||✔||✔|
|Any sound playing from computer||Real-time||Medium||✔||✔|
|Apowersoft Free Online Recorder||Online||MP3||Any sound playing from computer||Real-time||Low||✔||❌|
Part 8. FAQs about Recording from Apple Music
Q1: Why Can't I Screen Record Apple Music Directly?
A: Apple Music songs are under copyright protection for avoiding authorized sharing. You should find some professional tools to screen record Apple Music well.
Q2: How Do I Record Lossless Audio from Apple Music?
A: To record Apple Music without affecting the audio quality, you can use DRmare Apple Music Converter. It works at a 30X faster speed and keep lossless sound quality and full ID3 tags.
Q3: What Is the Best Apple Music Recorder?
A: We consider the output audio quality, supported file formats, and conversion speed and then choose DRmare Apple Music Converter as the best one because of its lossless quality, 30X speed, multiple output formats, etc.
Q4: How Do I Record while Playing Apple Music?
A: Today we've shown you the 5 best Apple Music recorders and they all allow you to record audio/screen while playing Apple Music. Plus, you can use the built-in recording feature on your iOS device to screen record Apple Music while playing.
Q5: How to Add Audio Recordings to Apple Music?
A: You can use the iTunes app or Music app on your computer. Simply choose 'File' > 'Import' and you can add audio recordings to Apple Music.
Part 9. Wrapping Up
Today we've shown you 6 methods to record from Apple Music. If you want a professional Apple Music recorder, choose DRmare Apple Music Converter. It allows you to record and convert Apple Music, iTunes, Audible, and other audio files with a super-fast 30X speed. It can preserve the lossless audio quality so you can enjoy original Apple Music anywhere you want.