As one of the largest music streaming services, Spotify offers millions of songs for all users to explore. However, only Premium subscribers can download music for offline listening. In addition, Spotify's free subscribers must endure the distraction of ads. In this case, listening to music offline without ads is a much better experience for free users. As a result, many free users are looking for a Spotify recorder.
A Spotify music recorder allows you to record Spotify songs and playlists. Then, you can listen to Spotify music without ads offline. For your convenience, we have listed the top 15 Spotify recorders. They are available for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, and even Spotify web players. You can find free or paid products among them.
Part 1. Top 2 Best Spotify Recorder
To begin with, we will show you the top 2 best Spotify recorders. They are both professional recording tools and have powerful features.
No.1 DRmare Spotify Music Converter
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is considered to be the best Spotify recorder. Its home screen is so clean and neat that it is very easy to get started. Also, there are no annoying ads in the software. It is 100% safe and professional Spotify recording software.
It can download any audio from Spotify, including songs, playlists, albums, podcasts and audiobooks. To meet the requirements of different users, it also supports several output format options. They are MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC and WAV formats. Even so, it supports batch downloading with a surprisingly high download speed of up to 5 times faster.
At the same time, it maintains the original quality, including all ID3 tags such as albums, artists, etc. In addition, it's easy to customize the bit rate, channels and sample rates. And you can archive the output files by album/artist. Obviously, it can save a lot of time and effort for you. If you care about your time and the quality of your music, you should definitely take a look at it.
* Losslessly record and download Spotify songs without Premium
* Keep 100% original quality and all the ID3 tags
* High download speed of 5X
* Convert Spotify to MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC for any players and devices
* Automatically detect the ID3 tag info and archive songs by albums/artists
* Listen to Spotify songs offline anywhere and anytime
* Able to edit the ID3 tags including artist, album art, etc.
* Only works for Spotify
* Not free
How to Record from Spotify with DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Install and then open the DRmare Spotify Music Converter.
- Go to the pop-up Spotify program to find the songs you like to download.
- Copy the link of the track and then paste it into the address bar, and hit the '+' icon to load Spotify songs. Or drag and drop the track to the DRmare main screen.
- Touch the 'menu' icon. Then choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. Here you can set the output parameters for Spotify music.
- Press the 'Convert' to start to convert and download music from Spotify to computer as local files.
No.2 DRmare Audio Capture
Unlike other Spotify recorders, DRmare Audio Capture can work with any kind of media source. It supports all streaming platforms including Spotify, Tidal, Pandora and more. In addition, it can even extract music from videos such as YouTube, Hulu, and Netflix. That's why it occupies the second-best Spotify audio recorder in the list.
Of course, as a professional recorder, it is able to maintain high-quality audio and full ID3 tags. What's even better is that all the metadata information such as ID3 tags, title genres, etc. are included in the audio recording. One more great feature is that, it supports batch recording of multiple songs at the same time. All the recording processes do not interfere with each other. You can even use your computer for any other task at the same time.
* Support multiple streaming services
* Able to choose the output format among MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, and FLAC
* Support batch recording multiple tracks
* Keep high-quality audio sound and all the metadata
* Able to trim, cut, and edit Spotify recordings manually
* Take real-time to record each Spotify song
* Not free
How to Record Music from Spotify Mac/Windows with DRmare Audio Capture
- Install and launch DRmare Audio Capture on your Windows/Mac computer.
- Click on the 'format' icon to customize the output parameters as you want.
- Click on the 'Spotify' icon to open Spotify and play the playlist you want to record.
- This audio recorder will automatically detect and record the music you are playing.
Part 2. Top 2 Spotify Recorder Android/iOS
No.1 Syncios Audio Recorder (Android)
With the advent of the digital age, there are more and more people who use mobile phones. As a consequence, many people use Android phones to explore digital entertainment. Also, it includes listening to Spotify music on Android phones. If you are looking for a Spotify recorder Android, then you cannot miss Syncios Audio Recorder.
It can record any sound coming from your Android phone and tablet. It is also a streaming audio recorder Android. It supports many brands of phones like Samsung, HTC, Sony, Huawei, Xiaomi and many more. The design of this Spotify recorder Android is simple yet efficient and very easy to use. Besides, it is able to record audio tracks continuously and also split them.
* Simple interface and easy to use
* It is free to use
* Support multiple online sources
* The output sound quality is high
* It runs at a 1X conversion speed
How to Record Spotify on Android via Syncios Audio Recorder
- Download the Syncios Spotify recorder on your Android devices.
- Launch the Spotify app and Syncios app.
- Find and play music on Spotify.
- Click the 'Record' icon to detect playing songs and record audio from Spotify Android.
No.2 GarageBand Spotify Recorder (iOS)
Apple allows only a few developers to launch their apps for the iOS system. And GarageBand is one of them. It's more than just a Spotify recording app. It can also create playlists, beats and instruments. It is quite easy to get started for users who want to get Spotify recordings on their iOS devices. With it, you can record music from Spotify and any other audio source.
You can record your voice, instrument or any other sound with the microphone on your iPhone and play it in GarageBand. You can also record sounds with an external microphone connected to your iPhone.
* Support recording audio from an external microphone
* Support for music recording and composition
* Record music from Spotify and other audio sources
* Only works for iOS
How to Record Spotify on iOS via GarageBand
- Open GarageBand on your iOS device.
- Launch the Spotify app and play a song you want to record.
- Tap on the 'Record' button in the control bar of GarageBand.
- Tap the 'Play' button to stop recording Spotify music.
Part 3. Top 7 Spotify Recorders Mac/Windows/Linux
In this section, you will get to know the top 7 best Spotify recorders Mac, Windows, and Linux. They are all professional recorders you can choose from. You can select according to your operating system.
No.1 Cinch Audio Recorder (Windows)
Cinch Audio Recorder (CAR) is an all-in-one streaming music recorder. It can record songs from many audio sites with the accuracy of ID3 tags kept. There is no doubt that Spotify is one of the supported streaming music services. Thus, it's also a Cinch Spotify Recorder.
It's not a free Spotify recorder, but it has much more features than free recording programs. It combines two audio recording processing cores to analyze and cut out the noise during recording. Also, it has useful features to block Spotify ads and make Spotify songs as ringtones.
Yet, Cinch Spotify Recorder Windows doesn't export 100% output quality. And it takes real time to record Spotify music.
* Record music from multiple streaming services
* The recordings are in high quality
* Have extra features, which enable you to create a ringtone for iPhone/Android
* Rip ads from Spotify songs automatically
* Keep Spotify music files as raw WAV files
* Take real-time to record each Spotify song
* It costs $25 to get the paid Cinch Audio Recorder full version
* Only works on Windows PC
How to Record from Spotify Windows with Cinch Spotify Audio Recorder
- Open the Cinch Audio Recorder. Click on the 'record' button from the top-left.
- Find and play a Spotify song that you would like to record.
- Once played, the Cinch Audio Recorder Spotify will start to record music from Spotify for you.
- When recorded, right-click the song in the Cinch program. Then choose the output folder to save the Spotify track.
No.2 Replay Music (Windows)
Replay Music is also a Spotify recorder Windows. It can capture songs playing on your PC to high-quality MP3 files. It works with video, audio websites like Spotify, YouTube, or local players. So, you can use Replay Music to preserve high-quality Spotify files.
During recording, each Spotify song will be tagged with the artist, album, and any other info. Besides, it can split Spotify tracks into small clips and burn Spotify to CDs. Also, it supports previewing and playing tracks.
However, it is not perfect either. During our testing, it is not so stable, sometimes it just closes without any reason. Similarly, it also costs $29.95.
* Keep the original high-quality songs with this Spotify recording software
* It combines the features to split your music, burn CDs
* Extract audio tracks from videos
* It is not stable, sometimes it crashes without reasons
* It takes real time to download Spotify music
* It costs $29.95 to get the paid version
* No built-in music player
* Only for Windows OS
* Not work on all web browsers
How to Use Replay Music Recorder for Spotify
- Launch the Replay Music program from your computer.
- Hit on the 'RECORD' button.
- Enter the browser or music player app to play the music you want to record.
- Once finished recording, touch on the 'STOP' button.
No.3 Audials Music (Windows)
Audials Music is a quite professional Spotify recorder. It is also an audio format converter and a music manager. You can use it to record and keep online audio files to MP3 and so on. Besides, it can download and convert audiobooks to MP3 at a fast speed. Also, it can help manage multiple music collections with ease.
* Support to output more than 40 audio formats
* Capture audio tracks from streaming music services
* Support to import and manage local audio files
* Only available for Windows OS
* Cost a lot
No.4 Wondershare AllMyMusic (Mac)
For Mac users, Wondershare AllMyMusic is the best Spotify recorder Mac for you. It is an audio recorder to record any audio tracks that play on your computer. It can support to capture audio from Spotify and other online sources.
* Capture and split audio tracks
* Support to extract audio from video files
* Not work on Windows computers
* Need to work with a stable internet connection
* Only support to output two audio formats
How to Use Wondershare AllMyMusic
- Set up the Wondershare AllMyMusic on your Mac computer.
- Go to the browser to play the songs or video clips you want.
- Touch on the Record button on Wondershare AllMyMusic. It will then capture the sounds.
No.5 Leawo Music Recorder (Windows/Mac)
Leawo Music Recorder can be also used as a Spotify recorder. It can record audio files on Windows and Mac computer. And it can help manage recorded audio files and edit the files with ease.
Besides, you can customize the recording time and duration as you want. And it can detect the recordings and keep audio files with metadata. Moreover, it allows users to share the recording audio files to iTunes.
* Support to define the recording start time and the duration
* Support to share recorded audio files to iTunes in one click
* Work on both Mac and Windows computer
* Take much time to record music from Spotify
* Only two output audio formats available - MP3 and WAV
* Need to install a virtual sound card to use it
* Not free
How to Use Leawo Music Recorder
- Open the Leawo Music Recorder for Spotify.
- Hit on the 'Audio Source' icon. Then choose the 'Record Computer Audio' icon.
- Play the Spotify songs and hit on the 'Start' button.
- Press the 'Stop' button. Then save the recorded audios to your computer.
No.6 Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder
Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder can record streaming music tracks from all sources. It can also capture the sounds from audio chats easily. It supports outputing audio files to MP3, FLAC and more audio formats. With it, you can keep the audio files for play on any platform.
* Allow keeping audio files to multiple audio formats
* Capture any sound from the computer
* Support to burn audio to CD
* Take some time to record Spotify music
* Can't save audio tracks with original quality
How to Use Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder
- Go to the Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder.
- Press on the 'Start Recording' button. Then choose the audio source.
- Control the audio recording via the 'Start', 'Pause' and 'Stop' buttons.
- Click on 'Show in Folder' button to find the files recorded on your computer.
No.7 Audacity (Linux/Windows/Mac)
Audacity is originally known as a powerful and free audio recorder and editor. It's similar to Cinch Audio Recorder but more powerful than it. First, it runs on almost any platform, like Linux, Mac, and Windows OS. Then, it supports recording live audio through a microphone or mixer. Of course, it can digitize recordings from other media services like Spotify for free. Here, we will focus on the Spotify option.
With the audio wave display window, you can control Spotify recording in a better and easier way. After recording, you can trim, cut, and rearrange the Spotify tracks. With this free Spotify music recorder, you can record and convert Spotify to MP3, WAV, AIFF, or AAC.
But, it's also worth mentioning that the audio quality may be affected. You may hear some noise on the Spotify. If you accept this disadvantage, it could be the best free Spotify recorder 2022.
* It is a totally free Spotify recorder
* Record audio from many sources, like online streaming websites, Mic, speakers
* Powerful editing features make it easy to edit Spotify music files
* The output file quality is not satisfactory sometimes
* Only work for Windows computer
* Need to install a plugin to export audios to MP3
* No ID3 tagger
How to Record Spotify Music on Linux with Audacity
- Install and open Audacity on your computer.
- Navigate to 'Recording Device' and choose the source by clicking the menu.
- Open Spotify and play the playlist you want to record.
- Click on 'Record' at the top left to start recording Spotify music.
Part 4. Top 2 Spotify Web Recorder
No.1 Spotify Deezer Music Downloader
Spotify Deezer Music Downloader is one of the professional Spotify web recorders. It is a Chrome extension to download music from Spotify Web Player. You can find this online Spotify recorder on Google and add it to your Chrome browser.
After that, when you open it, it will bring you into the Spotify Web Player. When you tap the item that you'd like to record, it will show a 'Download' option for each file. It's simple to use it to listen to Spotify music offline. But as a web tool, the conversion process isn't stable and the output quality could be lower.
* It's a free Spotify web recorder.
* No need to install extra apps
* Record music from Spotify Web Player
* It could be crashed unexpectedly
* The Spotify music recordings are not good for listening
* Work on Chrome only
How to Record Spotify Music with Spotify Deezer Music Downloader
- Open your Chrome browser and search for 'Spotify Deezer Music Downloader'.
- Add it to your Chrome extensions and then log in to your Spotify account.
- Click on the 'Download' button next to the track to start downloading Spotify music.
No.2 Codeplex Spotify Recorder
Codeplex Spotify Recorder is probably the simplest Spotify ripper. It is developed by a person for converting Spotify songs for personal use.
You can one-click to record Spotify tracks directly from the sound card. It will add the artist info automatically. Like DRmare Spotify Music Converter, it doesn't need a premium Spotify account to do that.
Just play your Spotify songs. Then click the "Start Recording" button, and it will begin to record Spotify files. According to our test, it works perfectly on Windows 32/64-bit systems.
Yet, it hasn't been updated for about 2 years. So, it may not be compatible with the latest Windows 10 system. As a free Spotify audio recorder, it is still eligible to be ranked in this article.
* It's freeware with a simplified interface, you don't have to be tech-savvy to use it
* Keep the ID 3 tag info such as title, artist, and so on
* Don't work on Windows 8/10 and other kinds of computers
* Few tutorials, documentation, or support is available online
How to Record Spotify Music with Spotify Deezer Music Downloader
- Install and open CodePlex on your computer.
- Play the Spotify song you want to record.
- Click on the 'Start Recording' button on CodePlex to start recording.
Part 5. Top 2 Spotify Recorder Free
No.1 Dojotech Spotify Recorder
Dojotech Spotify Recorder is a very simple Spotify recorder free. It can detect the tracks when Spotify is playing and save Spotify songs to MP3. Besides, it can tag the downloaded songs with the genre, album, and other info.
It also allows you to change the record folder, choose a recording device, and so forth. Unfortunately, only Windows XP and lower versions are supported. Unless you have an old Windows computer, this software might be of no use to you.
Anyway, it does offer a good solution for users with a free Spotify account to extract music from Spotify. With an old PC, it's a nice choice to download Dojotech Spotify Recorder. It helps you play Spotify music offline at no cost.
* Free to get Dojotech Spotify Recorder to download easily
* Provide an easy solution to record Spotify to MP3 offline on Windows XP, etc.
* The user interface is too simple
* No Dojotech Spotify Recorder Windows 10, Mac, and Linux
How to Record Spotify Music with Dojotech
- Download, install, and open Dojotech software.
- Launch Spotify and play the songs you want to record.
- Dojotech will automatically detect the song and start recording.
No.2 Free Sound Recorder
Free Sound Recorder is a free Spotify recording software. It also can be used to record other sounds for free. You can set the recording time with a duration to record audio tracks.
With it, you can record Spotify to other audio formats with high audio quality. Also, this tool allows you to edit the recorded audio files. You can cut and trim the audio tracks you want.
* Easy to use
* Capture sound from the sound card on computer
* Can't batch record and save ID3 tags
* Unable to detect and separate individual songs
How to Record Spotify Music with Free Sound Recorder
- Download, install, and open Free Sound Recorder.
- Navigate to 'Recording Mixer and Recording Device' and select the sound source from the list.
- Click on 'Options' to choose the audio format you want.
- Open Spotify and play a playlist. At the same time, click on 'Record' to start recording.
Part 6. Comparison Table of the Top 15 Spotify Recorders
Above are the top 15 Spotify recorders you can choose from. In order to make you know their differences clearly, we have made a comparison chart for you.
|✘||Windows/Mac||Any audio from Spotify||MP3, FLAC, AAC,
WAV, M4A, M4B
|✘||Windows/Mac||Any sound||MP3, FLAC, AAC,
WAV, M4A, M4B
|✔||Android||Spotify songs, playlists,
|GarageBand||✔||iOS||Any music||AAC, MP3, AIFF, WAVE||✘||✘||✘||1X||High quality||✘||✔|
|✘||Windows||Any sound||MP3, WAV||✘||✘||✘||1X||High quality||✔||✘|
|Replay Music||✘||Windows||Any sound||MP3||✘||✘||✘||1X||High quality||✘||✘|
|Audials Music||✘||Windows||Any sound||over 40 formats||✘||✘||✘||1X||High quality||✘||✘|
|✘||Mac||Any sound||MP3, M4A||✘||✘||✘||1X||High quality||✘||✘|
|✘||Windows/Mac||Any sound||MP3, WAV||✘||✘||✘||1X||High quality||✘||✘|
|✘||Windows/Mac||Any sound||MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A,
WAV, M4R, AC3
|Audacity||✔||Linux/Windows/Mac||Any sound||WAV, AIFF, OGG,
|✔||Chrome||Spotify tracks||MP3||✘||✘||✘||1X||Low quality||✘||✘|
|✔||Windows||Spotify songs, playlists,
|Dojotech||✔||Windows||Spotify tracks||MP3||✘||✘||✘||1X||Low quality||✘||✘|
|✔||Windows/Mac||Any tracks||MP3||✘||✘||✘||1X||High quality||✔||✔|
We have listed the 15 best Spotify recorders above. You can choose one from them. To get the best music quality and the highest work speed, you can choose DRmare Spotify Music Converter. If you want a free Spotify recorder, you can try Dojotech, Audacity, Codeplex and Free Sound Recorder.
Part 7. FAQs about Spotify Recorder
Q1: Does Spotify Allow You to Make Screen Recordings?
A: No, Spotify does not allow you to make screen recordings. This is because if they allowed screen recordings, they would be distributed worldwide for free. Spotify has a distribution license, and free distribution would hurt their business. Therefore, Spotify does not offer the option of screen recording.
Q2: Can I Record from Spotify?
A: There is no option available on Spotify to record a stream. If you are a Premium Spotify user, you can download songs to listen to them offline. However, the downloaded files are protected and you can only play them through Spotify. Therefore, whether you are a free user or a Premium user, you will need a Spotify recorder to record Spotify.
Q3: How Can I Record from Spotify Free?
A: You can use a free Spotify recorder, as we show in this post. You can take a quick look at the comparison table above.
Q4: How Do I Record from Spotify to MP3?
A: All the recorders we have introduced above can help you record music from Spotify to MP3.