"Can you stream Spotify on TV?" Yes. If you have a Spotify app compatible smart TV, then you can play Spotify music on TV directly with ease. Yet, if you don't have such an option, then no worries. There are still other ways that can help you use Spotify on smart TVs.
In this post, we will illustrate 6 ways to you to connect Spotify to TV in detail. The methods include AirPlay, Spotify Connect, Chromecast and so on. Now, you can follow the parts below and start to make Spotify TV work.
Part 1. How to Connect Spotify to TV via USB Drive
In the first part, we'd like to introduce a workable, stable and forever way to you. That's to play Spotify on TV via a USB drive. This way works with most smart TVs as almost smart TVs allows users to stream media files via a USB stick.
But it is noted that you need to convert Spotify music as local files first before saving them to the USB drive. That's because Spotify music files are under protection which can't be put on other devices directly. So here, to help you, you can use DRmare Spotify Downloader to do that.
This tool can download any audio content from the Spotify service without a Spotify Premium account. And then it can convert Spotify songs to MP3, FLAC, WAV and other audio formats. Besides, it can preserve full metadata and the original music quality of Spotify audio tracks. Later, Spotify local files will be saved on your computer. Then you can put Spotify music on USB drive for use on any smart TV offline you like.
DRmare Spotify Converter
- Step 1 Load Spotify tracks into DRmare Music Converter
- Open DRmare Music Converter on your computer once you installed it. Then locate and drag tracks from the Spotify app to the DRmare tool. The Spotify app is opened automatically when you started the DRmare program. So, you don't need to open it separately. Besides, you can import Spotify music files to the DRmare tool by copying it link address. Then back to the DRmare program, put it into the blank bar and click on the '+' icon.
Now, let's move on reading how to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to convert and download Spotify music for TV. And then copy Spotify files to USB flash drive for use on TVs with ease.
- Step 2Reset Spotify audio format for smart TVs
- Now, choose a compatible audio format for playing Spotify on TV by the USB drive. Please click on the menu icon on the DRmare Music Converter tool. Then choose 'Preferences' and tap 'Convert' in the new window. Later, you can start to change audio format, bit rate and so on for Spotify music files. After that, you need to touch the 'OK' button.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify music for TV
- At last, start converting Spotify files by click on the 'Convert' button. Once the process finished, then hit on the 'history' icon to check local Spotify music tracks on your computer. Then you can insert the USB drive into your computer and move Spotify music to USB drive. After that, you can put the USB stick with Spotify songs into the USB port of your TV. Then you can stream Spotify on smart TV through a USB drive.
Part 2. How to Use Spotify on TV via Spotify TV App
We know that there are some smart TVs work with Spotify app. They include Roku TV, Android TV, LG TV and so on. If you use one of them, then you can play Spotify songs on TV with ease. And here you can learn how to turn Spotify into TV mode.
Step 1. Open your smart TV, then search for the Spotify app and install it on your TV.
Step 2. Start the Spotify app for TV on your device. Then log in to your Spotify account.
Step 3. Now, you can start to play Spotify on smart TV via the remote control.
Part 3. How to Connect Spotify to TV via Spotify Connect
If you can't download Spotify on TV, then you can use Spotify Connect feature to stream Spotify music to your smart TV. This way is available for Spotify Premium users only and you need to connect both your TV and your device to the same WiFi network. With it, you can play Spotify songs on any device by using your mobile or desktop device. Now, we will show you how this way works.
Step 1. Launch the Spotify app from your computer or mobile phone/tablet.
Step 2. Choose and play a song, playlist or else you like.
Step 3. Go to the 'Now Playing' screen and hit on the 'device' icon.
Step 4. Pick up your smart TV and connect Spotify to TV to enjoy music.
Part 4. How to Cast Spotify to TV via Google Chromecast
Using Google Chromecast feature to play Spotify on TV is quite the same as using Spotify Connect. If your smart TV supports Chromecast device, then you can use this method. And you can follow the steps below to do that.
Step 1. First, connect your Chromecast device to your mobile phone with the same WiFi network. Then plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV and set up the device.
Step 2. Open the Spotify app from your mobile device.
Step 3. Find and play a track you like and go to its playing detail page.
Step 4. Tap the 'device' icon and choose your smart TV with Chromecast.
Step 5. At last, you can control and use Spotify on TV.
View also: How to Cast Spotify to Chromcast
Part 5. How to AirPlay Spotify to TV
If you are using an Apple TV, then you can use AirPlay feature to stream media content from your iOS device to your TV. If you use an Apple TV 4th generation and above, you can use Spotify on Apple TV via the built-in Spotify app.
Step 1. Connect your Apple TV with the WiFi connection. Then go to the Settings section to enable AirPlay feature.
Step 2. Start the Spotify application on your iOS device. Then sign in to your Spotify account.
Step 3. Play a song and open the AirPlay feature on your mobile device.
Step 4. Choose 'Apple TV' from the list to connect Spotify to TV.
Part 6. How to Get Spotify on TV via Game Consoles
Spotify also works with game consoles like PS4/5, Xbox One and so on. And it also allows users to stream Spotify music to TV via game consoles. Now, we will show you how to pair Spotify with TV via PS4 game console.
Step 1. Plug your PS4 device into the HDMI port of your smart TV.
Step 2. Head to the 'PlayStation Store' on your PS4 to find and download Spotify app on your game console.
Step 3. Run the Spotify app and log in to your account. Then choose 'Link Accounts'.
Step 4. Press and hold the 'PS' button on your controller. Then you will get the quick menu.
Step 5. Click on 'Music' > 'Spotify'. Then you can use your PlayStation 4 to control Spotify music playback on your TV.
Part 7. How to Fix Spotify Not Working on TV
Why is Spotify not working on my TV? Sometimes, you may face such an issue. And here we will list some solutions for you to solve this issue. Please check them out here.
1. Check the Internet Connection. Please make sure that both your devices are connected to a stable WiFi network. If not, then restart your router and connect to it again.
2. Check the Spotify App. If you are using an outdated Spotify app, then it may won't work on your device. In this case, you need to head to upgrade it to the latest version.
3. Restart the Spotify App. You can try to force close the Spotify app on your device. Then re-open it to see whether it can work again.
4. Check Your TV System. Please ensure that your TV system is the latest version. If not, then Spotify can't work on your TV. And you need to update your TV's system to use it.
5. Reinstall Spotify App for TV. You can also try to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app on your TV to fix the problem.
6. Check If Your TV Supports Chromecast/Spotify Connect Feature. If your smart TV doesn't support to stream media via Spotify Connect or Chromecast, then you won't get Spotify songs play on your TV.
7. Power Off Your Smart TV/Mobile Device. You can head to power off and power on your TV or mobile device to resolve Spotify on smart TV not working issue.
Part 8. In Conclusion
Now, you get 6 ways to play Spotify on TV. You can choose the way to do that according to the TV you have. By the way, you can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to connect Spotify to TV by a USB drive. In this way, you can enjoy Spotify music on any smart TV and other devices offline without the Spotify app.