Can you use Spotify on Apple CarPlay? The answer is that Spotify music can be played on Apple CarPlay. As a controller for the iPhone, Apple CarPlay certainly meets the needs of people while driving. iOS device users can listen to Spotify's music content in the car with just a few clicks. It allows people to listen to music, make phone calls and send messages with their iPhones.
In this article, we'll show you how to add Spotify to Apple CarPlay. You will also learn how to fix the problem of Apple CarPlay Spotify not working. Finally, there is an alternative way to play Spotify on Apple CarPlay.
Part 1. How to Add Spotify to Apple CarPlay
Does Spotify work with Apple CarPlay? Yes, Apple CarPlay allows you to play Spotify music in the car. If your device is running iOS 7.1 or higher, you can listen to Spotify music, make phone calls, send and receive messages, and more. It can play Spotify music for you so you can just focus on your driving and let your iPhone lie down. Here is how to get Spotify on Apple Carplay in the car.
Step 1. Sign in to the Spotify app on your iPhone.
Step 2. Link your iPhone with a CarPlay-compatible stereo through USB.
Step 3. Click "Settings" > "General" > "CarPlay" on your iPhone to select your car.
Step 4. Play songs from Spotify on stereo display or via voice command with Siri.
Part 2. How to Fix Apple CarPlay Spotify Not Working
It is convenient to use Spotify in the car with Apple CarPlay. However, many users have reported that they have encountered the problem of Spotify not working on Apple CarPlay. So, we are here to help your solve the problem.
1. Reset and Update the Infotainment System
The best starting point for dealing with any technical issues is to restart your device. Likewise, if you experience any issues with Apple CarPlay Spotify, restart your car. If you don't know how to do this, check your vehicle's manual about completely restarting the infotainment system.
2. Update Your iPhone and Spotify
The latest Spotify app addresses many minor issues, including issues with Apple CarPlay. So, you can check if there is an update available for the Spotify app. You need to make sure that the Spotify app is up to date.
Also, if your iOS device is using an outdated version, then there might be some incompatibility issues. So, you'd better check if your device's software is up-to-date as well.
To update your iOS, go to the Settings app and then find 'Software Update'. Once you click on it, it will automatically check for available updates for you. Once found, download and install it.
To update the Spotify app, go to the App Store and search for Spotify, then you'll see 'Updates' if there's an available version.
3. Verify that Siri is On
If the Spotify CarPlay problem is with Siri, you can first turn it off and then open it. To do this:
Step 1. On your iPhone, launch the 'Settings' app.
Step 2. Find 'Siri & Search' and then you will see the option of 'Listen for Hey Siri'.
Step 3. Turn it off and then wait for 20-30 seconds.
Step 4. Turn on 'Listen for Hey Siri'.
4. Disable Screen Time Limit
If you have accidentally disabled Apple CarPlay, then the problem of Spotify not working on Apple CarPlay will occur. Also, if there are some restrictions on your iPhone, then CarPlay won't work normally. Here is how to disable the screen time limit of Apple CarPlay on your iPhone.
Step 1. Go to 'Settings' on your iPhone.
Step 2. Find the 'Screen time' option and then turn it off.
Step 3. Tap 'Content & Privacy Restrictions' and then 'Allowed Apps'.
Step 4. Choose the 'CarPlay' option and allow it.
5. Disable the Battery Saver Setting
Similarly, the low power saving setting may be the reason why Apple CarPlay Spotify not working. So, you should disable the battery saver setting to fix the problem.
Step 1. Open 'Settings' and then go to the 'Battery' option.
Step 2. Turn off the option of 'Lower Power Mode'.
6. Allow CarPlay while Locked
The option of 'allow CarPlay while locked' should be enabled or you will get into trouble with Spotify CarPlay not working. To do this, open Settings and then tap on 'General' and find 'CarPlay'. Turn on 'Allow CarPlay while locked'.
Still have problems with Apple CarPlay Spotify not working? Read on and you will get a better way to use Spotify on Apple CarPlay.
Part 3. Best Way to Use Spotify on Apple CarPlay
If you cannot get the problem of Spotify Apple CarPlay resolved, then you can use an alternative way to add Spotify to CarPlay. That is, you can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify music and then listen to it offline on Apple CarPlay in your car. It's more convenient because it allows you to listen to Spotify in your car without using your iPhone. Also, it doesn't require a Spotify account. And you will no longer need to be connected to the internet.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter can download and convert Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, and other audio files locally. All the ID3 tags and the original sound quality will be kept. You can listen to Spotify offline without Spotify Premium. You can also transfer the downloaded music files to your car or any other device.
DRmare Spotify Decryptor
How to Add Spotify to Apple CarPlay for Listening Offline without Problem
Now let's have a look at how to get Spotify on Apple CarPlay without using iPhone.
- Step 1Load Spotify Tracks to DRmare
- Install the DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer and open it. The Spotify app will be launched at the same time. Now you can see a clean interface. Select the songs from Spotify for conversion. Drag them directly to the conversion window. Or you can paste their links to the interface after you copy them. Then click the button "+" to import the Spotify tracks. You are allowed to upload more than one song for conversion in batch.
- Step 2Set Output Parameters for Apple CarPlay
- Press on the 'menu' on the top-right of the interface. Then choose "Preference" and click on 'Convert'. You can reset the output format and the channel, bit rate, and sample rate. Hitting the "Converted" button on the bottom, you are permitted to choose the folder for output files. In addition, the DRmare Spotify Music Converter also allows you to archive output tracks by Artist or Album and set the conversion speed as 1X to make it more stable.
- Step 3Convert Songs from Spotify for Apple CarPlay
- Tap on the button "Convert" on the right of the bottom. Then the DRmare software will begin to convert the Spotify files to ordinary ones. So you can play them without a network in your car. After the Spotify songs are all converted, you can locate the files in the output folder. You will find that the information of the songs like title, album cover, group, composer, genre, year, etc. is all kept. You can easily identify them and listen to them as you like in your list.
- Step 4Use Spotify on Apple CarPlay
- Now you can connect Spotify files to Apple CarPlay. Just run iTunes on the desktop. Then click "Add file to library" on the menu and select the converted Spotify songs on your PC. The Spotify playlist will be uploaded to Apple Music for your playback on Apple CarPlay. Besides, you can find other compatible players for Apple CarPlay to listen to Spotify songs offline in your car.
Part 4. FAQs about Spotify Apple CarPlay
Q1: Does Spotify Work on Apple CarPlay?
A: Yes, Apple CarPlay now supports Spotify. You can do all the things you want to do with your iPhone. You can listen to Spotify, make calls, send messages, and more in the car without interruption.
Q2: Why Doesn't Spotify Play on CarPlay?
A: Maybe your Spotify app or infotainment system is outdated. Or you have disabled some features that prevent Apple CarPlay Spotify from working. Follow the steps above to fix the problem. If these don't work, try using Spotify on Apple CarPlay with DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It allows you to listen to Spotify in your car without your phone, even offline.
Q3: How Do I Get Spotify on Apple CarPlay?
A: You can follow the steps we mentioned to play Spotify music on Apple CarPlay.
Q4: How Do I Turn on Car Mode on Spotify?
A: First, pair your iPhone with your car via Bluetooth. Then, open Spotify, click "Settings" and then click "Car". Enable "Car View", and you're done.
Part 5. In Conclusion
You can easily play Spotify on Apple CarPlay once you connect your iPhone to your car. However, many users have encountered issues here and there. If you want to play Spotify with Apple CarPlay without problems, you can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It allows you to listen to Spotify music on Apple CarPlay without a phone. You can listen to Spotify music in your car without any Apple CarPlay Spotify issues.