When it comes to Spotify and BMW, many BMW users find that they can't enjoy Spotify music on BMW via their Android phones. It is because of the latest Spotify update which doesn't support Apps for Automotive for Android devices anymore. This Apps for Automotive technology allows Android users to talk to iDrive 6 system in BMW.
But please don't worry, there are other practical ways that you can try to use Spotify in BMW cars. Here, in this post, you will learn how to get BMW Spotify work with ease. Now, let's go ahead and see how to achieve.
Part 1. How to Use Spotify in BMW via iDrive
Now Spotify users can't link their Android phones to BMW's iDrive 6 system due to the latest update of Spotify. But you can use Spotify in BMW via iDrive if you have the older version of BMW Connected and Spotify app. Below are the steps on how to get Spotify BMW work via iDrive.
Step 1. Install the BMW Connected app on your phone. And please make sure that you had the older version of Spotify app on your phone and your Spotify account is still valid.
Step 2. Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your phone. Then your BMW will detect and connect your phone.
Step 3. Choose 'MEDIA' or 'ConnectedDrive' on your BMW communication screen. You will see the Spotify app there.
Step 4. Select the Spotify app to finish the connection of BMW Spotify app. Then you can choose and play Spotify in BMW car.
Part 2. Get Spotify for BMW via DRmare Music Converter
To use Spotify in BMW through iDrive, you need to be a Spotify premium user. And you need to have the stable network connection. In this part, we will show you another way to get BMW Spotify work.
DRmare Music Converter is a tool aimed to download and convert Spotify music. It can get Spotify for BMW without premium account and you can enjoy Spotify on BMW offline.
By using this tool, you can download and convert Spotify songs, playlists, etc. to MP3, FLAC, M4A, etc. and BMW cars supported audio formats. Besides, the tool can keep all ID3 tags and original sound quality of Spotify tracks after converting. You can reset the output Spotify audio parameters for BMW cars.
In addition, the DRmare tool can batch convert Spotify audio tracks at a faster speed. So, you can save lots of time. Once got the converted Spotify music files, you can use Spotify in BMW offline and get Spotify BMW work.
DRmare Music Converter
Convert Spotify for BMW Step-by-step
- Step 1Add Spotify audios to DRmare
- Open the DRmare Music Converter. Then the main window of it and the Spotify app appears. Now, go to the Spotify app to drag your favorite tracks to DRmare. Or you can copy and paste the Spotify track's link to the search bar on DRmare. Then touch on the '+' button. You will see the Spotify tracks are loaded to DRmare.
- Step 2Adjust Spotify output preferences for BMW
- Now, tap on the menu bar on the upper-right corner of DRmare. Then choose 'Preferences' from the drop list. In the pop-up screen, press on 'Convert' option. Then you can define the audio format, bit rate, etc. of Spotify tracks for BMW you like.
- Step 3Convert Spotify for BMW
- After the settings, you are ready to download Spotify songs without Spotify premium now. Just press the 'Convert' button. Then in the conversion window, you can see the Spotify tracks are being converted. After that, you can hit the 'Converted' button to check your Spotify music files on your computer.
- Step 4Get Spotify in BMW
- Now you are right here to enjoy Spotify on BMW car. Just move the converted Spotify music files to your phone from your computer. Then you can use Spotify in BMW via Bluetooth or the USB cable. At last, you can enjoy Spotify music on BMW offline with ease.
Part 3. To Sum Up
Having done the tutorial above, then you can use Spotify in BMW without any limit. You can choose one of these two methods for you according to your needs. But here we would like to remind that you can try to use DRmare Music Converter to help you. This tool can not only get Spotify for BMW, it also can download Spotify music for using on more devices offline without restrictions.