When it comes to BMW and Spotify, many BMW users find that they can't connect Spotify to BMW suddenly via the BMW Connected Drive feature. Because of the latest Spotify update, the Spotify icon disappeared from onboard BMW iDrive systems anymore.
But please don't worry, there are other practical ways that you can try to play Spotify in BMW cars. Here, in this post, you will learn how to get BMW Spotify integration again with ease. Now, let's go ahead and see how to fix BMW Spotify app not working issue.
Part 1. How to Add Spotify to BMW iDrive via USB Flash Drive
Although BMW Connected Music with Spotify is no longer available, there are still many professional ways to add Spotify to BMW iDrive for playback, such as using USB flash drive, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Bluetooth. Because the last few methods mentioned require a Spotify Premium account, we will introduce how to get Spotify on BMW iDrive for free via a USB stick firstly. Without a doubt, the USB Audio interface will help you make the most of your BMW's sound system.
To play Spotify music in BMW cars through USB stick, you need to draw support from DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It is a tool aimed to download and convert Spotify music to common audio files supported by BMW without Premium account. Based on this, you can easily transfer Spotify songs to USB for playing on BMW.
Besides, the Spotify music converter can keep all ID3 tags and original sound quality of Spotify tracks after converting. It also allows you to reset the output Spotify audio parameters for BMW cars and supports batch converting Spotify audio tracks at a faster speed. So, you can quickly get lossless Spotify music files and explore them in BMW iDrive offline.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Play Spotify in BMW iDrive for Free via USB Drive
- Step 1Add Spotify audios to DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Open the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Then the main window of it and the Spotify app appears. Now, go to the Spotify app to drag your favorite tracks to DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Or you can copy and paste the Spotify track's link to the search bar on this converter. Then touch on the '+' button. You will see the Spotify tracks are loaded automatically.
- Step 2Adjust Spotify output preferences for BMW iDrive
- Now, tap on the menu bar on the upper-right corner of DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Then choose 'Preferences' from the drop list. In the pop-up screen, press on 'Convert' option. Then you can define the audio format, bit rate, etc. of Spotify tracks for BMW as you like.
- Step 3Convert Spotify for BMW iDrive
- After the settings, you are ready to download Spotify songs without Spotify premium now. Just press the 'Convert' button. Then in the conversion window, you can see the Spotify tracks are being converted. After that, you can hit the 'Converted' button to check your Spotify music files on your computer.
- Step 4Get Spotify on BMW iDrive via USB Drive
- Now you are right here to connect Spotify music to BMW car. Just move the converted Spotify music files to USB flash drive from your computer. Then you can use Spotify in BMW offline via USB without a problem
Part 2. How to Connect Spotify to BMW via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are popular mobile apps to mirror screens respectively from Android devices and iOS devices on the car's interface. As one of the most famous multinational manufacturers of luxury vehicles and motorcycles, BMW also is compatible with them. In this case, you can control your Spotify music playback on your BMW from your mobile phones via wireless connection.
The way of adding your mobile phone to the BMW's multimedia system via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is the same. Therefore, here, we will take Android Auto as an example to show you how to make Spotify BMW integration again.
Connect Spotify to BMW iDrive via Android Auto
Step 1. Please turn on the Location and Bluetooth feature on your Android phone in advance to make it work well.
Step 2. On your BMW car's control panel, please navigate to the 'Media' option. Click on the 'All apps' > 'Android Auto' section, BMW will start searching for devices.
Step 3. Go back to Bluetooth settings on your Android phone, and then scroll down to find and select your BMW. Now, click 'OK' to pair your smartphone and BMW well.
Step 4. Continue setup on your car screen and then the Android screen will mirror into your BMW drive. Then you can open Spotify app on BMW and choose and play Spotify in BMW car.
Part 3. How to Get and Play Spotify in BMW via Bluetooth
Listening to music via Bluetooth is a norm in today’s technological society. So, besides the above solutions, you can also use the traditional yet helpful way of Bluetooth connectivity to explore Spotify music from your BMW sound system.
Make Spotify and BMW Work via Bluetooth
Step 1. On your BMW's Control display, please search down to tap the 'Mobile Devices' option.
Step 2. Now, hit on the 'New Device' > 'Phone calls and Bluetooth audio' button to start searching for device.
Step 3. Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your Android phone or iPhone and then select the BMW vehicle with the corresponding number under the 'DEVICES' section.
Step 4. Select the mobile phone on the Control display and pair your smartphone and BMW. Now, you can start to play Spotify music via Bluetooth in BWM.
Part 4. To Sum Up
If your Spotify BMW Connected Drive feature is no longer working, here you can find three more ways to connect Spotify to BMW without any limitations. With a Spotify Premium subscription, you can choose to get assistance from Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, or Bluetooth functionality. If you want to play Spotify on BMW for free, DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the only choice, which can help you use Spotify on BMW and more cars offline without limitation.