Tesla has integrated Spotify since 2019. So, now Tesla supports multiple streaming services, including Tidal, Tuneln, Slacker Radio, Spotify, and more. Tesla owners such as the Tesla Model S, Model X and Model 3 can easily find the Spotify app through the touch screen. However, you need Spotify Premium to listen to Spotify music on Tesla. But don't worry, today we will also show you how to play Spotify on Tesla without Premium.
Part 1. How to Play Spotify in Tesla with Spotify Premium
Does Tesla Premium Connectivity include Spotify? Unfortunately, no, while Tesla Premium Connectivity includes access to many music streaming services, it doesn't include Spotify. To play Spotify on your Tesla, you need to pay for a Spotify Premium subscription. Now let's move on to how to get Spotify on Tesla Model 3 and other Tesla models.
Note: Please update the software in your car to version 10.0. And please make sure that your Spotify Premium is still valid.
Way 1. By Spotify App
You can directly find the Spotify app on your Tesla's display screen.
Step 1. Touch the 'Music' icon from the bottom of your Tesla display screen. Then hit on the 'Spotify' icon.
Step 2. Log in with your Spotify Premium account and then you can see your Spotify library in the main interface. Then you can listen to the ads-free songs you like. You can also use voice control when you are driving.
Way 2. By Bluetooth
You are also allowed to stream Spotify music to your Tesla from your phone.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your mobile phone.
Step 2. Turn on the Bluetooth and connect your phone to your Tesla via Bluetooth.
Step 3. Click on the 'Bluetooth' icon on the touchscreen of your Tesla. Then set your phone as Media Source.
Step 4. Head to the web browser on the touchscreen and visit tesplayer.com.
Step 5. Sign in to TesPlayer with your Spotify Premium account.
Step 6. Once done, go to find any song you like and start to play Spotity on Tesla.
Part 2. How to Play Spotify on Tesla without Premium
You can save music on a USB drive to play directly in your Tesla. So, to play Spotify music in Tesla without Premium, you just need to use a third-party tool like DRmare Spotify Music Converter to download songs. This smart tool enables you to download and convert Spotify music to MP3 and other formats without Spotify Premium. It works 5 times faster and saves lossless sound quality and ID3 tags. You can also define your favorite output audio parameters, such as bit rate, sample rate, etc. With it, you can easily use Spotify in Tesla Model 3 and other devices.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Get Spotify on Tesla - Detailed Steps
- Step 1Import Spotify audio to DRmare software
- Install the DRmare Spotify Music Converter program on your computer and then open it. To import Spotify music to the DRmare program, there are two ways. One is to drag and drop Spotify songs you like from Spotify to the DRmare main interface. The other is to copy and paste the Spotify tracks' URL to the DRmare's search bar and then click on '+'. After then, you will see your Spotify files are loaded on the DRmare main screen.
- Step 2Set output settings for Tesla Spotify
- Touch the menu bar and choose 'Preferences' from the drop list. Then choose 'Convert' in the pop-up window. Then you can go ahead to set the output audio format and other audio parameters of Spotify for Tesla. In addition, you can define the channel, sample rate, and bit rate to enhance the audio quality.
- Step 3Download Spotify for Tesla
- Once finished with the settings, you could click on the 'Convert' button. Then DRmare will start the conversion process and convert Spotify music at a fast speed. When it's over, you can check the Spotify files on your computer via the 'Output' folder. Then you will easily add Spotify to Tesla without Premium.
- Step 4Play Spotify on Tesla without Premium
- At last, you can connect your USB drive to your computer and move Spotify music to USB. Then plug the USB drive into your Tesla. Next, choose the Tesla built-in media player to play Spotify in Tesla without any limitations.
Part 3. How to Fix Tesla Spotify Not Working
While using Spotify Tesla, some users claim that there are some issues like Spotify on Tesla not loading, playing, etc. In this case, we will introduce some fixes to Spotify not working in Tesla.
To begin with, check your Spotify and Tesla:
Fix 1. Check if your region supports Spotify Tesla.
Fix 2. Update your Tesla system version to the latest.
Fix 3. Check if your Spotify Premium account is available.
If that doesn't work, try these:
Fix 4. Restart Your Tesla
You can try the easy way to fix the issue. That's to restart your Tesla. Please go to the touchscreen settings. Then find the 'Safety & Security' option from the Controls section. Next, touch 'Power Off'.
Fix 5. Log out of Spotify and Log in Back
If there is a bug with the Spotify app on Tesla, then you can try to sign out and sign in again to your Tesla Spotify account. To do that, open the Spotify app on your Tesla and scroll to the right till you see the 'Sign Out' option. Then click on it to log out of your Spotify account. Later, type your Spotify account info to sign back in.
Fix 6. Change Internet Connection from WiFi to Phone Hotspot
If you use an unstable WiFi connection in your car, then you will face Spotify Tesla not working issue. So, you can try using your phone's hotspot to use Spotify in Tesla. Here is how.
Step 1. Power on your mobile phone and turn on hotspot.
Step 2. Make your car in 'Drive' or 'Reverse'. Please don't move.
Step 3. Click on 'LTE bars' on Tesla's screen and choose 'WiFi Settings'.
Step 4. Enable WiFi and connect your car to your phone's hotspot.
Step 5. Type the password of your hotspot. Then open Spotify in Tesla to see whether the Tesla Spotify playlist not updating issue is fixed or not.
Part 4. FAQs about Tesla and Spotify
Q1: Is Spotify Free with Tesla?
A: No. You need a Spotify Premium account to use Spotify on Tesla. Or you can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to help get Spotify on a USB drive. Then you can connect Spotify to Tesla via a USB drive.
Q2: Can I Listen to Spotify Music on Tesla Offline?
A: Now, there is no news for Spotify Tesla offline. Yet, you can use Spotify in Tesla offline via the USB drive once you got the local Spotify files.
Q3: How Can I Remove Tesla from Spotify?
A: You can go to the settings on the Spotify app. Then pick up the authorized applications and you will find Tesla is here. Next, head to remove Tesla from your Spotify account.
Q4: What Apps Can We Use in Tesla?
A: Once you update your Tesla to the latest version, you can access YouTube, Spotify, Google Maps and more apps.
Part 5. In Summary
You need Spotify Premium to listen to Spotify music on Tesla as Tesla Premium Connectivity does not support Spotify. Thankfully, we found DRmare Spotify Downloader, which allows you to play Spotify on Tesla without Premium. You just use it to download Spotify songs to a USB drive, then plug this USB drive into your car. Then you can easily connect Spotify to Teala and listen to Spotify offline.