How to Convert iTunes Music to MP3 [2021 Updated]
M4A is a kind of format that developed by Apple Company. Users can download and save the M4A music files from iTunes Store on their devices. But, you can't use those M4A files everywhere as they are encoded with AAC lossy compression. This format is not used widely. The M4A audio files can only be used on Apple devices.
Thus, there are people who want to convert iTunes M4A to MP3 for use on non-Apple devices. In this post, there are several ways for you to convert iTunes music to MP3. PLease follow the tutorials below.
Part 1. How to Convert iTunes Music to MP3 with DRmare Audio Converter
To convert iTunes M4A to MP3 audio format, DRmare iTunes Music to MP3 Converter is the best tool for you.
The DRmare iTunes to MP3 Converter can not only convert DRM-free files, but also can convert DRM-ed files. It can easily break protection from iTunes M4A music files and convert them as local files. This tool can output iTunes music to MP3, FLAC, and more. So, you can choose one from them to let iTunes music files compatible with any device.
Besides, DRmare iTunes M4A to MP3 Converter can work at a rapid conversion speed. This will save lots of your times. Also, you can adjust the audio quality of iTunes tracks as you want. You can change the sample rare, audio channel, and more on DRmare. And it can get iTunes music convert to MP3 with original quality and full ID3 tags. Then you can manage the iTunes music files and save them on your computer. And you can move the iTunes music tracks to other devices for use offline.
DRmare iTunes Music Converter
- Remove protection from iTunes songs, Apple Music, Audible files
- Support Apple M4P music, iTunes M4A music, Audible AA/AAX and so on
- Batch convert thousands of music from iTunes to MP3 without quality limitation
- Run at a 30X faster speed, encode new music formats like a flash
- Lossless output quality, keep all the info of iTunes music
How to Convert iTunes Songs to MP3 by DRmare iTunes M4A to MP3 Converter
Here we will show you how to download music from iTunes to MP3 by DRmare iTunes Music to MP3 Converter. Before that, you need to download iTunes M4A files from iTunes first. And, you also need to download and set up the DRmare program on your computer. Once finished, then you can get started to get iTunes convert to MP3 for use.
- Step 1Import iTunes music to DRmare
- Open the installed DRmare Audio Converter program on your computer. The iTunes app will display when you opened DRmare software. Also, you will get the main screen of DRmare. To convert iTunes music to MP3, you need to load iTunes songs to DRmare. Please hit on the 'add files' button at the bottom left of DRmare. The first button will guide you to iTunes Library. While the second one will show you the local folder of your audio files on your computer. You can choose and add iTunes music files from them as you like.
- Step 2Define output format for iTunes to MP3
- Depending on your needs, you can choose 'MP3' if you want to reduce the output file size. Or, choose 'FLAC' if you have to enhance iTunes songs. Here to convert iTunes M4A to MP3, you can just select the MP3. Besides, you can edit the playback parameters like speed, volume, pitch and tab info. Just do whatever you like. All you need is to hit on the 'audio' icon from the bottom right on DRmare. Then you can start to reset the audio parameters for iTunes music files.
- Step 3Convert iTunes music to MP3
- When all settings are ready, click the 'Convert' button to start to convert iTunes songs to MP3. An indicator progress bar will show beside the music files which are converting. And a red number will show how many files have been converted on the bottom right. Once converted, you can touch on the 'converted' icon to find and check the iTunes to MP3 music files.
1. Support both DRM and non-DRM music files.
2. Run at a 30X super faster speed.
3. Retain original high fidelity quality.
4. Support to convert Apple Music, Audible AA/AAX to MP3.
5. Support to play audio files on any device and platform.
1. The premium version is not free.
- Video Guide: How to Convert iTunes Music to MP3 with DRmare
- You can follow this video to learn how to use DRmare Audio Converter to convert iTunes music to MP3 with ease.
Part 2. How to Convert M4A to MP3 in iTunes/Music App on Mac and Windows
In this part, we will learn how to use iTunes to convert iTunes music to MP3. We know that iTunes is also a convenient music converter. You can convert and reproduce your own contents from DRM-free files or materials to new formats of files. Besides, for macOS Catalina 10.15 or above, the Music app replace the iTunes app. But you can use the Music app to convert M4A music to MP3. To convert M4A to MP3 iTunes/Music app, the operating steps are easy. Please check below.
Convert M4A to MP3 in iTunes on Windows or macOS 10.14 or below
Step 1. Open iTunes program and go to iTunes Preferences Window. Click 'Edit' > 'Preferences' on Windows PC. Or hit 'iTunes' > 'Preferences' on Mac computer with macOS 10.14 or lower version.
Step 2. Click 'General' button to go to the 'General' tab. You will see the option of 'Import Settings...'.
Step 3. Click 'Import Settings...'. Then change the option 'Import Using' as 'MP3 Encoder' or others. Then touch 'OK' to save and exit.
Step 4. Go back to iTunes library. Click 'File' menu and then choose 'Create MP3 Version' to convert M4A to MP3 in iTunes. It will retain your original songs as well as create a copy of the new format files.
Convert iTunes music to MP3 on macOS 10.15 Catalina or above via Music App
Step 1. Open the Music app on your Mac computer. Hit the 'Music' > 'Preferences'.
Step 2. Touch on 'Files' option at the top. Then hit 'Import Settings...' button.
Step 3. Select 'MP3 Encoder' to customize the audio quality.
Step 4. Choose M4A files from the music library. Then hit 'File' > 'conversion' > 'Create MP3 Version' to convert M4A to MP3.
1. It is most convenient.
2. Supports to convert to/from multiple formats.
3. It is completely free.
1. Doesn't support DRM songs.
2. The output quality may be reduced.
3. Run pretty slow.
Part 3. How to Convert iTunes to MP3 Online
Besides using the third-party tool to convert iTunes music to MP3, here we will show an online way for you. To get iTunes music convert to MP3, you can use Zamzar. It is an iTunes to MP3 converter online. BY this way, you don't need to download any extra program. Zamzar can convert audio files, photos and more. Now, let's see how to convert iTunes songs online via Zamzar.
Step 1. Enter Zamzar official website on your computer.
Step 2. Hit on the 'Add Files...' button to select your M4A music files. You can drop them into Zamzar also.
Step 3. Click 'Convert To' to set MP3 as the output audio format for your M4A files.
Step 4. Touch 'Convert Now' to start to convert M4A to MP3 with ease.
Part 4. How to Convert iTunes Music to MP3 Free
In the last part, we would like to show you how to convert iTunes M4A to MP3 free. To do that, you can use a free audio converter. There are many free tools for you. Here we will take Freemake Audio Converter as an example. And we will guide you how to convert M4A iTunes music to MP3 with it. Below are the steps for you.
Step 1. Install and open the Freemake Audio Converter on your computer.
Step 2. Touch on the '+Audio' button to add your M4A files from iTunes.
Step 3. Select MP3 as the output format at the bottom bar on Freemake.
Step 4. Reset the audio quality and more as you like.
Step 5. Hit on the 'Convert' button to convert iTunes music to MP3 free.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Above is the ways for you to convert iTunes music to MP3. You can try them to convert M4A to MP3 from iTunes with iTunes app or online. But if you have lots of iTunes music files to convert, DRmare iTunes Music Converter will be better in many aspects. With it, you can convert iTunes music and any audio files to plain audio tracks for use anywhere and anytime. Besides, it can remove protection from Apple Music, iTunes Music and Audible audiobooks.