"Does Roku support Apple Music?" The answer is not. Due to the protection of Apple Music songs, Apple Music Roku is not available. But what if you want to play Apple Music on Roku?
No worry. Here, we will show you the detailed solution on how to get Apple Music on Roku freely. Now, let's get started.
Part 1. Can I Play Apple Music on Roku?
Roku is also well-known as Roku streaming player. It is one of the popular tiny set-up boxes that offers digital entertainment for people. This Roku media player can stream medias from streaming channels online.
Besides, Roku media streamer supports a series of streaming music services. Unfortunately, there is no Apple Music app for Roku streaming box. So, we can't play Apple Music on Roku TV.
Now you might come up to connect Apple Music to Roku via USB port. Using USB port is a recommended way to add local files to Roku for playback. But Apple Music can't be streamed on Roku from USB drive, because they are encrypted.
Thirdly, Apple Music songs are encoded in M4P format. They can be playable on authorized devices only. Generally speaking, Roku is compatible with AAC, MP3, WMA, FLAC and WAV. Obviously, M4P is not included in the Roku audio playback format line.
Part 2. Play Apple Music on Roku via DRmare Apple Music Converter
"Can I Get Apple Music on Roku Media Streamer?" The answer must be YES. To avoid unnecessary hassle above, we can get help from a third-party tool.
DRmare Apple Music Converter is such commercial software. It can losslessly remove Apple Music protection with ease. And it converts Apple Music to MP3 or other Roku compatible audio files with zero quality loss.
Besides, you can adjust the pitch, volume and speed of Apple Music songs. And you can convert Apple Music audios in batch to save your time.
Thanks to this smart tool, you can enjoy the original quality of Apple Music on Roku TV freely and easily.
DRmare Apple Music to Roku Converter
- Break the lock of protection from Apple Music streams
- Convert Apple Music to Roku supported formats
- Customize output parameters, like ID3 tags
- Unbelievable fast converting speed and keeping lossless quality
Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music for Roku
Please make sure you have already installed DRmare Apple Music Converter. And the Apple Music songs are downloaded completely on your computer.
Now, you can refer to the following complete guide to break Apple Music protection. And then you can convert and get Apple Music on Roku for playing.
- Step 1Add downloaded Apple Music to DRmare
- There are two ways to import Apple Music songs to DRmare Apple Music Converter. You can click the first 'Add' button to choose Apple Music tracks from iTunes library. The second 'Add' Button is used to import DRM-free audio files. Also, you can drag and drop Apple Music songs to DRmare conversion window directly.
- Step 2Adjust the output format for Roku
- Roku supports a lot of audio formats. You can click the little 'Format' icon to set format. It will open the format window, in which you can see the supported output format list. And you can choose the most suitable one as the output format for Roku TV. In this step, you can freely customize ID3 tags according to your needs.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music for Roku
- Once all settings are OK, please touch the 'Convert' button to start the conversion process. This smart tool will start to convert imported Apple Music to Roku compatible songs. Now, you just need to wait for the end of converting process. Once done, you could hit the 'Converted' button to find the audios on your computer.
Part 4. Play Apple Music on Roku in Two Ways
Up to now, Apple Music files are converted to Roku supported format. You can locate converted Apple Music songs in target folder on your computer. The last thing we need to do is how to connect Apple Music to Roku for playback.
Way 1. How to Stream Apple Music on Roku via USB Port
If you have an USB flash drive, you can use this way to get Apple Music on Roku.
Step 1. Copy and paste Apple Music to USB drive from your computer.
Step 2. Connect Roku with USB drive via USB port.
Step 3. Open Roku Media Player and you will see the USB drive icon.
Step 4. Select the USB drive from the main interface. And then play Apple Music on Roku from USB drive.
Way 2. How to Play Apple Music on Roku TV with Plex Media Server
So, how to play Apple Music on Roku Smart TV with Plex? Plex is compatible with Roku and it usually comes preinstalled on Roku. So, you can stream Apple Music to Roku from computer directly via Plex Media Server. Below are the steps for you.
Step 1. Install Plex on your computer.
Step 2. Upload Apple Music to Plex Media Server.
Step 3. Open Plex Media Server on your Roku with Plex-linked account.
Step 4. Now, you are able to play Apple Music on Roku from your computer.