"Can you download music from Apple Music to a flash drive?" The answer is NO. Apple Music doesn't allow users to put its music files to other devices for use. So, you can't make it. If you want to do that, you need to get help from the third-party tool. With them, you can break the limits from Apple Music. And then you can move Apple Music download to USB drive.
To help you out, in this post, we will show you how to download and copy Apple Music to USB flash drive. Now, please follow us and read the detailed tutorials below to learn more.
- Part 1. Can You Put Apple Music on a USB
- Part 2. Download Apple Music to USB - Tool Required
- Part 3. Copy Apple Music to USB Flash Drive
- Part 4. Benefits of Putting Apple Music to USB
Part 1. Can You Download Music from Apple Music to a Flash Drive
Apple Music has become the hottest streaming source since its first release on June 30, 2015. Up to now, there are more than 50 million songs in the music library and over 36 million subscribers. Users can listen to Apple Music online as they like.
But, can you put Apple Music on a USB directly? The first answer could be disappointed to you. With an Apple Music subscription, you can download Apple Music on a local computer. You can locate them and copy Apple Music to USB via copy & paste action. But the caveat is that the files won't be played. This is due to the compatibility issue.
For Apple Music files, they are encoded in M4P format. Thus, they couldn't be recognized by a USB flash drive. That's to say, the traditional way to transfer Apple Music to USB doesn't work. You need to convert Apple Music to USB-compatible audio files first. Only in this way, you can continue to play Apple Music on other devices and players from USB.
Part 2. How to Download Apple Music to USB - Tool Required
As we mentioned above, to copy Apple Music to USB drive, we need to use a tool. We will need an Apple Music Converter to convert Apple Music to plain audio. There is so many such kinds of these tools in the market.
To avoid wasting time, here, we can meet DRmare Apple Music Converter. It's one of the best options available for its unmatched features. It can not only rip Apple Music protection but also convert Apple Music to common audio files. It can convert Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. And it can convert at a 30X conversion speed with original audio quality.
With this tool, you can download Apple Music to USB flash drive. What's more, this tool also works on Audible audiobooks and iTunes audiobooks. Thus, it also can help convert Audible to MP3 and transfer audiobooks to USB.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Unlock protection from Apple Music, Audible audiobooks, etc.
- Convert Apple Music to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, and so on
- Lossless output quality, 30X faster speed, and plenty of customization options
- Lifetime free technical support and update, never need to worry about technical issues
Part 3. How to Download and Copy Apple Music to USB Flash Drive
How to download music from Apple Music to USB via DRmare Apple Music Converter. It is easy. You need to install this DRmare program onto your computer. As DRmare offers a free trial, you can download and copy Apple Music to USB free.
Below are the complete requirements for the tools needed to copy Apple Music to USB.
- Mac or Windows computer
- Latest iTunes version
- Apple Music subscription (If you haven't used it before, you can try it out with 3-month free subscription.)
- DRmare Apple Music Converter
- USB thumb drive or flash drive
Before downloading Apple Music to USB flash drive, please download the music files on iTunes. Please don't forget to authorize them to play well on iTunes first. After that, you can go through the steps to download Apple Music to USB one by one with us.
- Step 1Import Apple Music M4P songs to DRmare
- Open DRmare program. Then click the '+' menu from the bottom left. It will open a media browser with your downloaded Apple Music songs. Please choose Apple Music that you want to download to USB. And then click the 'Add' button.
- If your files don't show up there, this may be caused by iTunes settings. Go to the 'Preferences' window of your iTunes. Please enable the option 'share iTunes library XML with other applications' option.
- Step 2Configure audio settings for Apple Music to USB
- Apple Music comes with an M4P format encoded in AAC codec and a 256kbps bit rate. This works well on Apple devices such as iPhone, Mac computers and so on. But it's not available for third-party devices or players, like USB sticks. To get a compatible format for your USB flash drive, you can set the output format as MP3, M4A, and more. For most users, we'd recommend MP3 and AAC. But if you want to enhance the audio, FLAC or WAV is your option.
- To define the settings, please click on the 'audio' icon. Then you can get the window to reset audio format, codec, and more as you like. Once done, don't forget to hit 'OK' to apply.
- Step 3Download Apple Music to USB
- At last, you can tap the 'Convert' button. DRmare Apple Music Converter will start to encode the M4P format to a new format you selected. When it is done, you can click the output folder icon to locate all the converted audio files.
- Step 4How to transfer Apple Music to USB
- After getting the local Apple Music files, here we can learn how to copy music from Apple Music to USB.
- Plug the USB flash drive into your computer via the USB port.
- Find the USB folder on your computer. And create a new folder named Apple Music.
- Copy and paste Apple Music to USB.
- Now, you can use Apple Music on the device you want via the USB drive.
- Video Guide: How to put music from Apple Music onto USB
- This is the complete video tutorial to show you how to put Apple Music to USB flash drive.
Part 4. Benefits of Putting Apple Music to USB Drive
There are so many benefits of copying Apple Music to USB. Please check as below.
- You can listen to Apple Music in the car stereo without a network connection and a mobile phone.
- You can play Apple Music on smart speakers or smart TVs via the USB port.
- You can backup and save Apple Music for free forever.
- You can freely explore the music world with Apple Music and a device having a USB port.
How to Put Music on USB for Car from Apple Music
Take the car infotainment system as an example, we will show how to play Apple Music in the car via USB.
Step 1. Look for the USB port on your car head unit. You can plug in the USB drive with the music copied, you will see a drive icon show up on the car stereo.
Step 2. Start the music player on the stereo and choose to play from the USB audio source.
Step 3. Some car stereos have the feature to scan your USB and the files. In case your car audio system doesn't have this feature, you can choose the songs to play manually.
Leave a Comment