Can you put Apple Music on a USB? Unfortunately, you cannot directly move downloaded Apple Music songs to a USB drive. This is because songs downloaded from Apple Music are encoded in M4P format, which is not compatible with any external storage devices, including USB drives. Therefore, you need to convert Apple Music M4P to common formats like MP3, which is compatible with USB and more devices. Here we want to show you the best way to achieve this. You'll also learn how to move purchased iTunes songs to a USB drive. Without further ado, let's see how to copy Apple Music to USB.
Part 1. How to Download Apple Music to USB - Tool Required
There is no option to download Apple Music to a USB drive, and you cannot directly move Apple Music downloads to USB. But you can use DRmare Apple Music Converter to remove protection from Apple Music and convert Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, AAC or other common formats. After conversion, you can easily copy Apple Music to USB or any other external storage device. Alternatively, you can plug the USB drive into your computer and select the output folder as the USB folder. After that, DRmare Apple Music Converter will directly download Apple Music to USB.
This powerful software runs at a super fast 30X speed and supports batch conversion. So, no matter how many songs you want to move to USB, it can help you do it quickly. Plus, it preserves original metadata and lossless sound quality. You can enjoy original Apple Music songs on any device anytime.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Unlock protection from Apple Music, iTunes music, Audible audiobooks, etc.
- Convert Apple Music to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, and M4B
- Lossless output quality, 30X faster speed, and plenty of customization options
- Lifetime free technical support and update, never need to worry about technical issues
Part 2. How to Transfer Apple Music to USB Flash Drive
You can first install DRmare Apple Music Converter for free via the "Download" button above. Then you can easily use it to download Apple Music to USB with just a few clicks. Remember to plug the USB drive into your computer first and make it recognizable.
- Step 1Import Apple Music M4P songs to DRmare
- Open DRmare Audio Converter and you can add Apple Music songs to it in two ways. Way 1: click the '+' menu from the bottom left. It will open a media browser with your downloaded Apple Music songs. Please choose Apple Music that you want to download to USB. If your files don't show up there, this may be caused by iTunes settings. Go to the 'Preferences' window of your iTunes. Please enable the option 'share iTunes library XML with other applications' option. Way 2: directly drag and drop music files to DRmare's main interface.
- Step 2Configure audio settings for Apple Music USB stick
- Apple Music comes with an M4P format encoded in AAC codec and a 256kbps bit rate. This works well on Apple devices such as iPhones, Mac computers, and so on. But it's not available for third-party devices or players, like USB sticks. To get a compatible format for your USB flash drive, you can set the output format as MP3, M4A, and more. But if you want to enhance the audio, FLAC or WAV is your option. To define the settings, please click on the 'Audio' icon. Then you can get the window to reset audio format, codec, and more as you like. Once done, don't forget to hit 'OK' to apply.
- Step 3Download Apple Music to USB
- Click on the 'Converted' button at the bottom to change the output folder to your USB folder. Then you can click on the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner to download Apple Music to USB. DRmare Apple Music Converter will start to encode the M4P format to a new format you selected. When it is done, you can click the output 'Folder' icon to locate all the converted audio files on your USB drive.
- Video GuideHow to save Apple Music to USB
Part 3. Extra Tips: How to Move iTunes Purchases to USB Drive
iTunes is a platform to access all music files, including Apple Music. If you use it to listen to Apple Music on a Windows PC, you can choose to copy Apple Music directly to USB. But it only works for songs purchased from iTunes. Here's how to export songs from iTunes to a USB drive.
Step 1. Open iTunes and locate your purchased songs.
Step 2. Right-click on the song and select 'Song Info'.
Step 3. Click on the 'File' tab and you can see where your music is stored in the 'Location' option.
Step 4. Head to your music files location and then copy and paste these songs to your USB drive.
Alternatively, you can use a simpler way:
Step 1. Open iTunes and locate your purchased songs.
Step 2. Open your USB folder and drag and drop the songs into it.
Part 4. FAQs about Apple Music to USB Drive
Q1: Can I Save Apple Music to USB?
A: The answer may disappoint you. With an Apple Music subscription, you can download Apple Music locally on your computer. You can find them and copy Apple Music to USB by copying and pasting. Note, however, that these files will not be played. This is due to a compatibility issue.
For Apple Music files, they are encoded in M4P format. Therefore, USB flash drives do not recognize them. That is to say, the traditional way of transferring Apple Music to USB doesn't work. You need to convert Apple Music to USB-compatible audio files first. Only then can you continue to play Apple Music on other devices and players via USB.
The best tool you can use to achieve this is to use DRmare Apple Music Converter. It allows you to convert Apple Music to common files and download directly to a USB drive. You just need to perform a few simple clicks to complete the process.
Q2: What Are the Benefits of Putting Apple Music on a USB Stick?
A: There are so many benefits of copying Apple Music to USB. Please check as below.
- You can listen to Apple Music in the car stereo without a network connection and a mobile phone.
- You can play Apple Music on smart speakers or smart TVs via the USB port.
- You can back up and save Apple Music for free forever.
- You can freely explore the music world with Apple Music and a device having a USB port.
Q3: How Can I Listen to Apple Music in My Car with USB?
Step 1. Look for the USB port on your car head unit. You can plug in the USB drive with the music copied, you will see a drive icon show up on the car stereo.
Step 2. Start the music player on the stereo and choose to play from the USB audio source.
Step 3. Some car stereos have the feature to scan your USB and the files. In case your car audio system doesn't have this feature, you can choose the songs to play manually.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Today we've shown you how to copy Apple Music to USB with the best method. You just need to install DRmare Apple Music Converter and select the output folder as your USB folder, then you can directly download Apple Music to USB with simple clicks. Actually, DRmare Apple Music Converter is very powerful that lets you convert Apple Music to MP3, FLAC, or other common formats. Then you can listen to the converted Apple Music songs on any device you want, even after you cancel your subscription.