"Can I play Apple Music on Samsung TV?" Yes. Apple first offered the Apple Music app to Samsung Smart TVs (other than Apple TV) a few years ago. Before this, you can already stream Apple Music from iPhone, iPad, or other devices to Samsung TV. But now, you can listen to your favorite Apple Music songs without a second device.
The Apple Music app for Samsung TVs is available in 2018 or later models. It is now available in more than 100 countries. It's similar to Apple Music on Apple TV, so you can access Apple Music playlists, videos, radio stations, and more. If you have a Samsung TV in 2018 or later, you can directly install the Apple Music app and start your journey. If not, don't worry, we'll show you how to get Apple Music on your Samsung TV in two other ways. Without further ado, let's get started.
Way 1. How to Get Apple Music on Samsung TV via USB Drive
If your TV model is earlier than 2018, then you can't find Apple Music app on Samsung TV. But don't worry, you can use DRmare Apple Music Converter to download songs from Apple Music and then move them to your Samsung TV via a USB drive. The advantage of this method is that you don't always need to pay a monthly fee to Apple Music. Because once you download Apple Music songs with this software, they belong to you and can be kept forever.
DRmare Apple Music Converter also works with iTunes music, Audible, etc. With it, you can get lossless music with original sound quality and full ID3 tags at 30X faster speed. You can listen to Apple Music on any device you want, even if it's not compatible with Apple Music.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
Now let's start to learn how to convert and put Apple Music on Samsung TV. Note: Make sure you have downloaded Apple Music tracks to your PC or Mac you need. Also, make sure you've enabled iTunes XML. You can go to the 'Preferences' window and enable 'share iTunes library XML with other applications'.
- Step 1Import Apple Music songs to DRmare
- Download and then install the DRmare Apple Music Converter on your PC/Mac. Then start the program. You can click the "Add Files" button at the bottom left to browse the Apple Music files and import them into the DRmare tool. Alternatively, you can drag and drop your Apple Music files to it.
- Step 2Choose a Samsung TV compatible audio format for Apple Music
- Samsung smart TV comes with a built-in media player. It also supports installing any kind of third-party music player. You don't need to worry about the compatibility of the audio format. In general, the MP3 audio format works for any scenario. But if you want to convert your Apple Music songs with lossless quality, you can choose "FLAC". Also, you can change the codec, sample rate and more for your music tracks. To open the settings window, click on the "Format" icon at the bottom right.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music for Samsung TV
- Check to confirm if everything is set as you want. Then hit on the "Convert" button and the DRmare Apple Music Converter will convert all the music files in batches. After that, all the converted Apple Music songs can be found in the "History" section. Also, you can locate them on your computer's "Converted" folder and start listening to Apple Music offline.
- Step 4How to put Apple Music on Samsung TV via USB drive
1. Locate the converted Apple Music files on your computer and then transfer Apple Music to a USB drive.
2. Connect the USB flash drive with the stored audio content to the USB port of your Samsung TV.
3. Press the "Home" button on the Samsung remote control to access the TV Home Screen.
4. Use the directional keys to navigate to and select the "Source" menu. Then select the target USB disk you have inserted.
5. The TV will show a thumbnail list of the music files saved on your USB stick.
6. You can take a look at the media files and select the Apple Music you want. Then you can start to stream Apple Music to Samsung TV.
Way 2. How to Play Apple Music on Samsung TV via Apple Music App
In fact, Samsung Smart TVs were the first TV manufacturer to stream iTunes movies and TV shows. Now, the Apple Music app has joined the party, allowing users to listen to streaming music on their smart TVs.
The Apple Music app is available for Samsung TVs made in 2018 and later (N, R, T, A, and B models). If you have one of these, you can refer to the steps below to learn how to connect Apple Music to Samsung TV. Also, make sure your Apple Music subscription hasn't expired.
Tips: If you can't find Apple Music app on Samsung TV, then maybe your TV model is not compatible with Apple Music. You can navigate to Part 1 to get a solution.
Step 1. Press the 'Home' button on your remote and then navigate to the 'Apps' section.
Step 2. Search for Apple Music and then choose it from the result and press 'Install'.
Step 3. After installing, choose 'Open' to launch the Apple Music app. Then select the 'Continue' > 'Already a Subscriber' option.
Step 4. Now, please log in with your Apple ID and password. And there are two ways.
- You can sign in to your mobile device and use the camera to scan the QR code on your Samsung TV screen. Then follow the prompts to complete the setup.
- You can also do it on your smart TV via the remote control. Use the remote of your Samsung TV to fill in your account details and finish the setup.
Step 5. When all things are done, you can access and play millions of ad-free songs from Apple Music on your Samsung Smart TV.
Way 3. How to Cast Apple Music to Samsung TV by Mirror Feature
What to do if your Samsung TV doesn't have the Apple Music app? Don't worry. You can refer to the method in Part 1. Or you can do it with the method in this section. Here we will show you how to play Apple Music on Samsung TV with the Screen Mirroring feature. Some mobile devices such as Samsung Galaxy devices and iOS devices have this feature. Now let's learn how to do this.
Note: You need an active Apple Music subscription. Also, you need to have the Apple Music app installed on your mobile device.
For iOS Devices:
If you use iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and Mac, you can use AirPlay 2 to connect Apple Music to Samsung TV. AirPlay 2 is the screen mirroring function on iOS devices. So, you can mirror any content from your device to another device.
Step 1. Check whether your iOS device and Samsung TV are connected to the same network.
Step 2. Start the Apple Music app on your iPhone or other iOS devices.
Step 3. Find any song you like and start to play it.
Step 4. On the Now Playing interface, hit the 'AirPlay' icon. Then choose your Samsung TV from the available devices. At last, you can stream Apple Music to Samsung TV.
Tips: If you want to stop AirPlay, you can hit the 'AirPlay' icon again on the Now Playing screen.
For Galaxy Devices:
If you use a Samsung Galaxy device, you can use the Smart View feature to connect Apple Music to Samsung TV. Here we go.
Step 1. Power on your Samsung TV and connect it to the same network as your Galaxy phone.
Step 2. Head to the 'Quick Settings' panel on your phone. Then find and touch the 'Smart View' option.
Step 3. Choose your Samsung smart TV from the list of all the available devices.
Step 4. Touch 'Start Now'. If you get a pop-up box, then type a PIN or allow access to finish the connection. After that, you can start playing Apple Music freely.
Tips: To disconnect Apple Music with Samsung TV, you can hit on the 'Smart View' icon to process.
FAQs about Apple Music and Samsung TV
Q1: How to Download Apple Music on Samsung TV?
A: The Apple Music app for Samsung TVs can be downloaded and installed from the Samsung App Store.
Q2: Can I Listen to Apple Music Songs in Lossless Quality on Samsung TV?
A: The Apple Music app on Samsung TV doesn't offer Lossless or Dolby Atmos. But you can use DRmare Apple Music Converter. It can help convert and output Apple Music tracks to lossless audio quality. Then you can stream Apple Music Samsung TV Lossless with ease.
Q3: Which Samsung TV Supports Apple Music App?
A: 2018 or later Samsung Smart TVs (N, R, T, A, and B models) support the Apple Music app. You can check the year of your Samsung TV model from Samsung's website.
Q4: Why Is Apple Music Not Working on Samsung TV?
A: If you can't find Apple Music app on Samsung TV or have other issues with Samsung TV Apple Music, try the solutions below.
- Check if your Samsung TV is compatible with the Apple Music app.
- Restart your TV.
- Check if you have a stable Internet connection.
- Update the software on your Samsung TV.
- Check if Apple Music is down.
- Clear Apple Music cache.
- Uninstall and then resinstall the Apple Music app.
Today we show you three ways to play Apple Music on Samsung TV. If your Samsung TV is 2018 or newer, you can install the Apple Music app directly from the App Store. If not, you can use DRmare Apple Music Converter or Mirror function to stream Apple Music to Samsung TV. Honestly, the best way is to use DRmare Apple Music Converter because it doesn't require you to pay a monthly fee to Apple Music.