Squeezebox (as the successor to SliMP3) is a popular network music player which is developed by Logitech to wirelessly stream audios from networked PCs and the Internet. With this smart networked device, music lovers can access to the breadth of the online sources, including online music services like Pandora, Spotify, Deezer, MP3tune, Slacker and Last.fm, Internet radio like RadioTime, Shoutcast and Live365 as well as podcasts on the SqueezeNetwork homepage.
Although Squeezebox can support for playing music from a wide variety of streaming platforms, to Apple Music fans' disappointed, Apple Music is not available in supported the music service list. So you might wonder to know whether Apple Music will be added into the supported list of Squeezebox or there is any solution to make Apple Music playable on Squeezebox. To help you work out this problem, we are here to share you the effective workaround to stream Apple Music to Squeezebox for playback.
View also: How to Convert M4P to MP3
Part 1. Why We Can't Play Apple Music on Squeezebox Directly
When it comes to the reasons why we are not able to enjoy Apple Music on Squeezebox music player, we should have the in-depth understanding of supported audio formats by Squeezebox and audio encoding technology built-in Apple Music songs. Squeezebox device is compatible with the following audio formats: MP3, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg, FLAC, etc. while Apple Music tracks are encoded in M4P format. Obviously, M4P format is not included in the Squeezebox compatible format list. That’s to say, Apple Music can’t be recognized by Squeezebox directly.
As a matter of fact, Apple Music comes with more restrictions, since Apple Music are encrypted by Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology, which prevents Apple Music subscribers from listening to audio tracks on Apple ecosystem and other authorized platforms only. As consequence, if you would like to play Apple Music on Squeezebox networked music player, you should discover the full-featured Apple Music solution to help you remove DRM from Apple Music and convert them to Squeezebox supported formats, like MP3.
Part 2. How to Convert DRM Apple Music to MP3 Supported by Squeezebox
In order to remove DRM from Apple Music and convert Apple Music DRM M4P to Squeezebox compatible audio formats, like MP3, we can use DRmare DRM Audio Converter to help us. By adopting advanced and innovative DRM breaking technology, DRmare Apple Music Converter has the ability of bypassing DRM protection from Apple Music tracks and converting DRM M4P to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, and other common formats with zero quality loss. Once Apple Music songs and playlists are converted, you can freely transfer DRM-free Apple Music to Squeezebox for playback with ease.
View also: How to Remove DRM from Audible Audiobooks
DRmare Apple Music Converter
Now, you can download and install the free trial version of DRmare Apple Music DRM removal tool on your computer and refer to the following detailed tutorial to convert protected Apple Music to MP3 files for Squeezebox.
- Step 1Import downloaded Apple Music songs to DRmare Audio Converter
- Please click the first 'Add' button at the bottom-left corner of the main interface to select Apple Music that you'd like to convert from Apple Music library. Or you can drag and drop favorite Apple Music songs and playlists to DRmare conversion window directly. Please make sure you have authorized iTunes to play Apple Music in advance.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 for Squeezebox
- Actually, MP3 is the default output format of DRmare DRM Audio Converter. So you have no need to set output format again by yourself. If you would like to choose the other audio format as the output format, you need to touch the ‘audio’ icon to open the format window. In the new window, you can also customize other audio quality, like audio channel, codec, bit rate, sample rate, etc. according to your own needs.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Apple Music to MP3
- Now, you can launch the converting process by touching the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. DRmare DRM Audio Converter will start to remove DRM from Apple Music songs and playlists and convert the M4P tracks to unprotected MP3 files automatically.
Part 3. How to Stream Converted Apple Music to Squeezebox
When the conversion process finishes, you can locate DRM-free Apple Music on the destination folder and transfer these MP3 audio tracks to Squeezebox without limit. If you don’t know how to do this, you can follow the simple tutorial to stream converted Apple Music to Squeezebox music player.
Step 1. Open the Squeezebox Server web interface on the remote computer by opening the web page: http://localhost:9000 (Please change the "localhost" to the IP address of the remote computer).
Step 2. Scan and choose the converted DRM-free Apple Music songs by using the left pane of the Squeezebox Server web interface. In the right pane of the web interface, you can see all selected Apple Music.
Step 3. Now, you just need to play favorite Apple Music by tabbing the 'Play' button. A few minutes later, you can listen to Apple Music tracks on Squeezebox music player successfully.