Tidal offers higher audio quality than its competitors, including Tidal HiFi and Tidal MQA. And this helps attract high-end audiophile users and artists to explore music with Tidal. Nowadays, there is a free plan on Tidal, allowing users to listen to over 80 million Tidal music for free online. And Tidal subscribers can download music from Tidal to phones for offline listening.
So how to download from Tidal music and playlists to computers and phones? In fact, there are some restrictions of Tidal download music. Firstly, the 'Download' option is only available for users using a mobile app. You can't download music from Tidal to computer officially. Secondly, free Tidal users are not able to get this permission. Thridly, to download songs from Tidal, please add individual tracks to a playlist or album in advance.
If you are the novice of Tidal streaming music service, we will introduce the complete tutorial on how to download Tidal music for offline listening. The highlight is that we will first introduce some useful methods to download Tidal songs to PC with a free, Tidal HiFi or TiFi Plus account. Please follow us and see how to do that.
- Part 1. How to Download Music from Tidal to Computer via DRmare TidiKit
- Part 2. How to Rip Music from Tidal to Mac/PC by DRmare Audio Capture
- Part 3. How to Download Tidal Playlist by AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader
- Part 4. How to Download Songs from Tidal Free Online with Apowersoft
- Part 5. How to Get Tidal Download Music on Github via Tidal-dl and Tidal-gui
- Part 6. How to Download Music from Tidal to Phone
- Part 7. FAQs about Downloading from Tidal Music
- Part 8. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Download Music from Tidal to Computer via DRmare TidiKit
Is there a way to get Tidal download music offline on the desktop, including the individual Tidal songs even you are using a free account? The powerful Tidal music downloader is the answer.
DRmare Tidal Music Downloader, also called DRmare TidiKit is one of the excellent Tidal music downloaders, which can help you download music from Tidal in high-quality preserved no matter you are using a free or premium account. You can not only download music from Tidal to computer at a 5X faster speed but also convert Tidal to FLAC, MP3, WAV and more audio formats for normal playback. It's the easiest way to get Tidal music downloads from the Tidal app on computer.
Besides, it allows you to edit the audio bit rate, sample rate and audio quality of Tidal songs as you like. Also, you can define the output folder to save Tidal music onto your local drive. After that, you can listen to Tidal music offline on other devices you like.
How to Download Tidal Music, including Individual Songs on Tidal
Here, let's see how to download individual songs on Tidal and download Tidal playlist in detail with DRmare Tidal Music Converter. Let's check it out.
- Step 1Start DRmare Tidal Music Converter
- Install and open the DRmare Tidal Music Converter. It will launch the Tidal desktop app also. If you haven't installed the Tidal music app, you will be asked to install it first. After then, go to the pop-up Tidal app and log in to your Tidal free or HiFi account.
- Step 2Set output audio parameters for Tidal music download
- Touch on the menu icon from the top-right corner of DRmare Tidal Music Downloader. It will show a list. Then you need to choose the 'Preferences' option. A new window displays. Here you can choose and click on the 'Convert' option to set the audio format, channel and more you want for Tidal music download. Besides, you can define the output path to save downloads from Tidal on your computer. Once done with the settings, please click on the 'OK' to apply.
- Step 3Load music from Tidal to DRmare TidiKit
- Go to the Tidal app. Search and find the Tidal playlist that you want to download from Tidal. When got it, click on it and touch the '...' icon. Here you can see a list. Then choose the 'Share' > 'Copy Track Link' option. Once done, you will get the link to the Tidal playlist. Next, put it on the search bar of DRmare Tidal Music Converter and press the '+' button. The Tidal song will be then imported to conversion window. Also, you can upload individual songs on Tidal via the dragging and dropping option.
- Step 4Download music from Tidal to computer
- Now, click on the 'Convert' button. At this time, DRmare Tidal Music Converter is here to download Tidal songs onto computer for you. You can see they are downloading at a fast rate. Once finished, you can find the Tidal music downloads on the target folder on your computer. You can view them through the 'converted' icon.
Part 2. How to Rip Music from Tidal to Mac and PC with DRmare Audio Capture
Apart from the above way to download Tidal music on Mac and PC, you can also adopt the traditional ripping way. DRmare Audio Capture is an easy-to-use Tidal ripper to help you rip songs from Tidal. It can 100% keep the music data by using the most advanced capturing technology. It captures Tidal songs from its own standalone soundcard instead of the computer system soundcard. This is similar to making a 1:1 copy from the source to the destination.
What's more, it provides manual customization of Tidal output parameters, such as output format, bit rate, sample rate, and more. With this audio recorder, you can not only rip and download music from Tidal for offline listening but also download music from any other music streaming service without any limit. And other sounds from sources like video websites, radio, and so on can be recorded well. Then you can save those audio tracks on your computer for use forever.
DRmare Audio Recorder
- Supports many streaming music services Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Deezer, etc.
- Track level recording method, making it possible to rip multiple Tidal tracks at once
- Trim/cut recorded Tidal songs, customize the ID3 tags to meet your requirements better
- Support six music formats, including FLAC, AAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, and M4B
How to Rip Music from Tidal
Wonder how to rip lossless Tidal songs via DRmare Audio Capture? If so, you can try it out free either on your Windows or Mac computer. Here is the step-by-step tutorial to rip music from Tidal.
- Step 1Run DRmare Audio Recorder
- You can click the "Download" button above or from the webpage of DRmare Audio Capture. And then follow the prompts to install it on your computer. Then you can launch it. It supports lots of apps like Chrome, iTunes, Tidal and Spotify. If your Tidal desktop app doen't show in this window, please click the '+' button to add it. Besidees,, you can choose to play and record it via the Chrome browser. Yet, the Spotify web player doesn't support 1,411 HiFi songs.
- Step 2Choose output format to rip music from Tidal
- To keep the lossless audio quality of Tidal music, we'd suggest you select a lossless format like FLAC or WAV. Or you can choose other audio formats for Tidal music as you want. Also, you can reset the codec, sample rate, bit rate and so on for Tidal songs. After that, click 'OK' to finish.
- Step 3Play and rip Tidal music
- Play Tidal songs on your computer desktop with the Tidal app on the main screen. Then they will be recorded soon. And you don't need to worry about other noise playing on your computer. Because DRmare Audio Capture uses a track-level recording method. It will isolate other processes running on the computer.
- Step 4Edit Tidal music dowloads
- In general, you can skip this step if you don't need to do any editing. But if you do want, please click the editing icon beside each recorded Tidal song. It will pop up the editing window. Then you can trim the Tidal songs and complete the tag info. Once done, hit the 'OK' button.
- Step 5Locate the Tidal songs on computer
- At last, you can click the "Save“ button to save Tidal audio tracks. To find them from your computer, you can click the 'search' icon beside the songs. Now, you can move the Tidal songs to any device or use them for any purpose.
Part 3. How to Download Tidal Playlist by AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader
AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader can also help rip and download Tidal playlists and songs from the Tidal desktop app. With this program, you can then get high-quality music from Tidal. And you can save Tidal songs to MP3, FLAC and more plain audio formats for use on different devices and platforms. Also, you can customize the Tidal audio tracks' audio channel, bit rate and others as you like. Now, let's see how to use AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader to download Tidal songs to PC.
How to Download Music from Tidal for Free
Step 1. Download, install and open the AudFree Tidal Music Converter from your computer. It will also launch the Tidal desktop program.
Step 2. Head to the Tidal music app. Then find, drag and drop the Tidal song you like to the AudFree Tidal Downloader. Or, you can click on the 'three-dots' icon to get the URL link to the target Tidal playlist. Next, paste the link to the search bar on AudFree Tidable and hit on the '+' icon. The Tidal songs you want to download will be shown on the AudFree program's main screen.
Step 3. Click on the menu icon at the top right on AudFree Tidal Converter. And then select the 'Preferences' option, it will pop up a Preferences window. Here you can reset the output audio parameters for downloaded Tidal music.
Step 4. Touch the 'Convert' button. AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader will begin to download Tidal songs to computer at a faster conversion speed. You can find them via the 'converted' icon.
Part 4. How to Download Songs from Tidal Free Online with Apowersoft
In this part, we will show an online tool for you to rip and download songs on Tidal from your computer system sound for free. It is Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder. It is an online tool for Windows and Mac computers. You don't have to install extra third-party software but a small launcher on your computer, and then you can download music from Tidal for free with ease. Plus, it supports recording screen sound or browser audio. So you can choose to rip music from Tidal desktop app or Tidal Web Player according to your needs.
How to Download Tidal Songs Free Online
Step 1. Go to the webpage of Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder from your computer.
Step 2. Press on 'Start Recording' to set up the program.
Step 3. Select audio source from 'Audio Input'. And then go to 'Tools' > 'Options' to adjust the audio parameters.
Step 4. Head to Tidal to play the Tidal songs you want to rip. Go back to Apowersoft and touch on 'Record'. Then it will rip Tidal music for you.
Step 5. Once recorded, press on 'Open Folder' to find the recorded Tidal songs.
Part 5. How to Get Tidal Download Music on Github with Tidal-dl and Tidal-gui
Over 83 million software developers are working together to shape the future of software on GitHub. Thus, you can find a wide variety of free music downloaders to download songs on GitHub, including Tidal downloader.
Tidal-dl and Tidal-gui is the two versions of Tidal Media Downloader on GitHub, which can help you download Tidal music on GitHub effectively. Tidal-dl works well to get Tidal download music on Windows, Linux, macOS and Android devices. Meanwhile, Tidal-gui is available for Windows only. The limitation of these methods is requiring a Tidal HiFi account to make them run smoothly. If you have a Tidal HiFi subscription, you can refer to the following steps to downloading Tidal video and music on Github with Tidal-dl.
How to Download Tidal Music on GitHub
Step 1. Go to the GitHub website. Find and download Tidal-dl Tidal media downloader.
Step 2. Launch the Tidal-dl. Then type your username and password.
Step 3. Enter '2' and then hit on Enter to reset the output parameters.
Step 4. Get the URL of the Tidal song you want to download. Then put it on Tidal-dl to start to download music on Tidal.
Part 6. How to Download Music from Tidal to Phone
Any Tidal user can get a 30-day free trial to enjoy the offline download feature on mobile devices. And sometimes during promotion, you can even get up to 6 months of Tidal subscriptions. With the free trial, you can download music from Tidal to your phone for offline enjoyment.
Besides, if you are subscribing to a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus plan, it's also able to download Tidal music to mobile phones. Now, let's see how to download music from Tidal on iPhone and Android devices via official ways. Please make sure your devices have a stable network connection.
How to Download Music from Tidal to iPhone
Step 1. Step 1. Fire up Tidal app for iOS and then log into your Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus account. Search for the Tidal album or playlist you'd like to listen offline.
Step 2. Tap the Tidal playlist or album to view the music list. There is a 'Download' button under the playlist name. Please hit on it to download Tidal playlist to your iPhone.
Step 3. If you'd like to download single songs on Tidal, please find the target music and long-press the music name to choose 'Download' button.
Step 4. You can go to the 'My Collection' > 'Downloaded' to locate all Tidal music downloads for offline playback.
How to Download Music from Tidal to Android
Step 1. Launch the Tidal app for Android and then scroll down to click the 'Explore' option to search for songs, playlists, and albums you want to download.
Step 2. Open the Tidal playlist or album or long-press the single song and then turn on the 'Download' function.
Step 3. It will take time to download Tidal music on Android phones. After completion, all Tidal music downloads will be found in the 'My Collection' > 'Downloaded' section.
Note: The MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) audio is only available on the Tidal desktop app. This means no matter if you have paid for the Tidal HiFi or not, you can't stream 1,411Kbps songs on mobile phones. 320Kbps only is available for streaming on phones.
Part 7. FAQs about Downloading from Tidal Music
Q: What Is Tidal?
Tidal was launched in 2014 by Norwegian public company Aspiro. In 2015, Tidal was acquired by Jay-Z. Due to the enormous influence of Jay-Z, Beyonce, and the high commission rate, it has attracted many big stars. Tidal is known as the artists' streaming music platform.
With the slogan "All your favorite music. best sound quality available.", Tidal offers lossless quality songs and high-definition videos as of now. This makes Tidal a unique platform. Now, Tidal has over 80 million tracks and tons of exclusive interviews and videos.
There are two types of subscription services Tidal HiFi and Tidal HiFi Plus. They charge $9.99/month and $19.99/month respectively. As for the quality, Tidal HiFi offers up to 1411Kbps quality and Tidal HiFi Plus up to 9216Kbps quality.
Q: Do I Need to Subscribe to Tidal HiFi or Plus to Download Tidal Music?
A: Yes. Only Tidal HiFi and Tidal Plus users can download music from Tidal. And you can listen to Tidal music offline by turning on the 'Offline Mode' on Tidal. Yet, you can only do that with the Tidal mobile app officially.
Q: Is There Any Download Limit on Tidal?
A: Yes. With the Tidal premium plan, you can only download up to 10,000 tracks on Tidal. If the download amount exceeds, you need to delete some previously downloaded songs. Yet, you can break this limit by using the DRmare Tidal Music Converter.
Q: Where Does Tidal Music Downloads Store?
A: Once downloaded Tidal music to phone, you can find them on the 'My Collection' section on the Tidal app. And then click on the 'Downloaded' button to locate Tidal music files.
Q: Can I Download MQA from Tidal?
A: Yes, you can. You can download Tidal MQA on the Tidal mobile app with your Tidal HiFi account. Yet, if you want todownload MQA from Tidal on the computer, you can use the DRmare Tidal Music Converter. DRmare Audio Capture and AudFree Tidal Music Converter can help also.
Q: Can I Download Music from Tidal to Computer?
A: In general, you can't download Tidal music to a computer in a direct way. Tidal doesn't offer a download function on its desktop app. Yet, you can refer to the methods above to download Tidal songs to a computer for offline use.
Q: Can You Download Music from Tidal to MP3?
A: The songs you download from the Tidal app are AAC and FLAC files with protection. Todownload Tidal music to MP3, you can use DRmare Tidal Music Converter to make it.
Part 8. Conclusion
Above are all about Tidal and the solutions on how to download music from Tidal. But which way is the best? In the table below, you can find out the differences among them. Then you can choose the one suitable downloading Tidal music on PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android devices online free.
|DRmare Tidal Music Converter||DRmare Audio Capture||AudFree Tidable||Apowersoft||Tidal Media Downloader||Tidal App for Mobile|
|Conversion Rate||5X||Real time||5X||Real time||Real time||Depend on network speed|
|Supported Input Content||All Tidal songs, including individual songs||Tidal, Amazon Music, video websites, etc.||All Tidal songs||Radio stations, voice chat, streaming music services, etc.||Tidal songs, playlists, albums, videos||Tidal playlists, albums|
|Supported Output Format||FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||MP3, AAC, M4B, FLAC, WAV, M4A||MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WAV, M4A||M4A, FLAC||Protected AAC, FLAC|
|Reset Output Quality||√||√||√||X||X||X|
Hope you enjoy Tidal music offline with a better experience by downloading from Tidal songs and playlists. If this article is helpful, share it with your friends at once. Or, share with us if you have other ways to download Tidal music.
Leave a Comment