How to Convert iTunes M4V Movies with Subtitles & Closed Caption Preserved
iTunes is known to the wider public as the biggest online digital store over the world. Therefore, more and more digital content lovers are full of enthusiasm about purchasing and renting movies, music, audiobooks, etc. from iTunes, which denotes itself to organizing and playing digital music and videos.
Although iTunes songs don't have DRM protection, iTunes M4V videos are still encrypted by FairPlay DRM technology, which prevents iTunes users from sharing iTunes movies and TV shows to social networks and playing them on other non-Apple devices and media players. That's the reason why so many iTunes DRM M4V Converters are developed n the market to remove DRM restriction from iTunes movies and TV episodes.
However, when you get the iTunes M4V video converted, you will be disappointed to discover that the original subtitles or closed captions are not preserved in the output iTunes videos. So, is there any iTunes DRM removal tool that can not only crack the DRM lock but also keep the subtitles and CC of the original iTunes movies?
View also: Keep Chapters While Converting Audiobooks
Part 1. Save Subtitles and Closed Caption from iTunes Movies with DRmare
With built-in innovative and advanced decryption technology, DRmare M4V Converter can not only get rid of DRM restriction from iTunes movie rentals and purchases, but also preserve original subtitles and closed caption, even AC3 Dolby 5.1 surround audio tracks. Besides, it is also the fastest iTunes M4V video converter, which converts DRM iTunes M4V videos to other common formats at 30X faster speed, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, etc., for playback on any portable device without any limitation.
View also: Best M4V to MP4 Freeware
Part 2. Quick Tutorial on Converting iTunes M4V to MP4 with Subtitles/CC Kept
Now we will take DRmare M4V Converter for Mac as example to show you how to convert iTunes DRM videos to DRM-free files while keeping the subtitles and closed caption with 1-2-3 steps. Please make sure that you have downloaded and installed the free trial version of DRmare DRM M4V Convert on your computer before you can follow this quick guide.
- Step 1Add iTunes movies/TV shows from iTunes library
- Launch DRmare M4V Converter for Mac, import iTunes videos by clicking the "+" button at the left bottom of the main interface, and then there will pop up a new windows, in which you will see all iTunes purchases and rentals. Or you can add the iTunes files via dragging-and-dropping action directly.
- Step 2Select "Lossless MP4" as output format
- OGo to the "HD videos" tab by clicking the "Format" button, and set the output format "Lossless MP4". It's worth mentioning that the iTunes movies that you choose to convert should have multiple subtitles and CC.
- Step 3Convert DRM M4V to MP4 with subtitles and CC
- After all things done, click the "Convert" option at the bottom-right. Now you can do your other things when waiting for finishing the conversion. DRmare M4V Converter for Mac will preserve the original audio tracks (including the AC3 Dobly 5.1 surround) and original subtitles (including CC) after conversion.
Part 3. More about Subtitle & CC: What's the Difference
In most countries, there is no difference between subtitles and Closed Caption. But both in US and Canada, subtitles are not the same with CC. Generally speaking, subtitles are the words printed over a film in a foreign language to translate what is being said by the actors. In other words, subtitles are to show the video's dialogue in written form. CC, short for closed caption or closed captioning, usually include subtitles as well as a written description of what is occurring in their videos, such as the identify of speakers and their tone of speakers, for the views who have trouble in hearing or understanding the sound.