"I am a teacher worked at a school for the blind & visually impaired. We usually tech our students with Audible audiobooks. One problem is that the classroom computers all don't support the Audible AA/AAX formats. I have to record the audiobooks to MP3 manually which is time-consuming. Is there a way to batch convert Audible files to save time? Thanks."
Audible is the largest and most popular audiobook producer and reseller in the world. The Audible audiobooks provide a new way for us to acquire new info and knowledge. It is extremely important for us especially the users who are visually impaired.
If you also encounter the similar problem mentioned above, now it is time to fix it. You can use the perfect batch audiobook converter to encode DRM audiobooks to MP3, AAC etc. on Mac/Windows computers.
Part 1. The Best All-In-One Batch Audible Converter
Speaking of audio converters, you can find bunch of freewares and commercial software online. Generally, free software don't have powerful features. Commercial software cost you a few bucks, but will help you get all kinds of jobs done quickly.
iTunes - Best Batch Converter Freeware
iTunes was originally known as a music store and player. After years of development, if has evolved to a largest library with kinds of different media files like movies, iBooks, audiobooks, podcasts and so on. Besides, it is also a great media converter in disguise. You can use it to batch convert MP3 to audiobooks or audiboooks to music files.
Pros: 1. It supports to run on all kind of systems including the latest Windows 10 and Mac 10.14 Mojave. 2. Keep high audio quality after converting. 3. Support to transfer the output files to iOS devices. 4. It supports to play most media files.
Cons: 1. It only supports DRM free files such as MP3 or M4B audiobooks.
Best Overall Batch Audiobook Converter
Many companies such as Ondesoft, Tunefab, TunesKit, Sidify, MacSome offer the converters to convert DRM audio files. But not all software are created the same. After trying them out, I found that DRmare Audio Converter for Windows/Mac is the one runs most smoothly. And it supports multiple kinds of DRM files from Audible, iTunes and so on. In addition, the real-time preview feature will help you edit media files accurately.
DRmare Batch Audiobook to MP3 Converter
- Support a plethora of media files including AA, AAX, M4B, M4A, M4P and so on
- Up to 30X converting speed for Apple Music and 100X for Audible audiobooks
- Lossless output quality, retain all the ID3 tags, metadata, album cover
- Support to batch convert/split Audible audiobooks by chapters/time.
Part 2. How to Batch Convert Audible Audiobooks Quickly and Effectively
If you have DRM free audiobooks, you can use the iTunes to help you convert them in batch. But if you have FairPlay DRM encrypted files such as Audible AA/AAX or iTunes M4B, then you have to use a paid DRM removal tool. Here I will take the DRmare converter to show you how does it work. It supports to run on Windows & Mac. Please just click the download button to install the software into your computer first.
- Step 1Launch DRmare and import your Audible files
- After installing the software on your Windows/Mac computer, you can double click the desktop icon to launch it. And then you can drag & drop the Audible audiobooks into the DRmare software main screen in batch. Or simply click "Add Files" icon to browse them.
- Step 2Customize the new output files
- DRmare offers many options for you to customize the output audiobooks. You can click the format icon to select the format you want MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4B. If you want to split large audiobooks to chapters or edit the ID3 tags, you just need to click the editing icons beside the imported audiobooks.
- Step 3Convert Audible audiobooks in batch
- At last, you just need to click the big red button to batch convert all Audible audiobooks to MP3. With the 100X speed, you will get all your files converted within seconds. This is really helpful if you have dozens or hundreds of files.
Part 3. Final Words
Nowadays we can listen to audiobooks directly instead of reading books. But if you buy audiobooks from Audible or iTunes, you may not play them on third-party players due to the DRM limitation.
With the DRmare Audio Converter, now you can batch export audiobooks to common music files easily on Mac/Windows. What is even better is that it won't take you long no matter how many files you have. The converted files can be distributed anywhere for playback or backup. It is the best way I found so far.
Do you know other better methods? Please do not hesitate to share it with us below.