As the world's largest audiobook retailer and seller, Audible offers users millions of titles. It has an official Audible app, available on mobile and desktop. You can also stream Audible audiobooks online through Audible Cloud Player without installing extra apps. And the question is: can you listen to Audible without Internet? Read on to learn how to listen to Audible offline on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. You also get a way to make Audible work offline on any other unauthorized device.
- Part 1. Can You Listen to Audible Offline?
- Part 2. Audible Listen Offline on iPhone/Android
- Part 3. Use Audible Offline on Windows
- Part 4. Play Audible Offline on Mac
- Part 5. Listen to Audible without Internet on Any Device
- Part 6. FAQs about Listening to Audible Offline
Part 1. Can You Listen to Audible Offline
Can Audible be used offline? The answer is yes. While there's no Audible offline mode like Spotify, you can download Audible books and play them without an Internet connection.
Initially, you can only download Audible audiobooks on the Audible app. But now you are able to download books from Audible Cloud Player. (Note that you need to purchase Audible books in advance.)
Below are all the methods you can use to get Audible offline listening.
For iOS/Android: Audible App
For Windows: Audible App, Audible Manager, iTunes or Windows Media Player
For Mac: iTunes, Apple Books
For Windows, Mac, or other unauthorized devices: DRmare Audible Converter
Part 2. How to Listen to Audible Offline on iPhone/Android
You can use Audible without Wi-Fi if you have downloaded books already. And below is how to download Audible books offline and enjoy them without Internet on Android/iOS within the Audible app.
Step 1. Download and install the Audible app on your Android or iOS device.
Step 2. Open the Audible app and then log in with your Audible account.
Step 3. Head to the 'Library' option and then go to the 'Cloud' option. Then you can choose the Audible books that you want to listen to offline.
Step 4. Hit on the cover art and touch on the 'Download' icon. This will save the Audible books to your device.
Step 5. Once completed, you can tap on the book cover to listen to Audible books offline on your Android or iOS device.
Part 3. How to Use Audible Offline on Windows PC
There are four methods you can use to get Audible offline listening on a Windows computer. You can directly use the Audible app to download Audible books and play them offline. Or you can transfer the downloaded Audible books to Audible Manager, iTunes, or Windows Media Player to enjoy them offline.
3.1 By Audible App:
Note that the Audible Windows 10 app is not available now. You are no longer allowed to download it from the Microsoft Windows Store. For Windows 11, you can download the Audible Android app from Amazon Appstore.
Step 1. Open the Microsoft Store and search for 'Amazon Appstore'.
Step 2. Once found, click on 'Install'.
Step 3. Open Amazon Appstore and log in with your Amazon account.
Step 4. Search for 'Audible' and click on 'Get' to install it on your Windows PC.
Step 5. Open Audible and log in to your account, and then go to 'Library'.
Step 2. Find the audiobook that you want to play offline.
Step 3. Click on the 'Download' button next to the title to download Audible books.
Step 4. Once downloaded, click on the book cover to enjoy it offline without Wi-Fi.
You can also use other ways to listen to Audible books offline on PC. That is you can download Audible books to PC. Then you need to add them to Audible Manager, iTunes, or WMP for listening offline.
3.2 By Audible Manager:
Step 1. Open the Audible Manager app.
Step 2. Locate your downloaded Audible audiobooks by clicking 'File' > 'Add Audio Files'.
Step 3. Add your audiobooks to Audible Manager.
Step 4. Then you can click on the book title to use Audible offline on Audible Manager.
3.3 By iTunes or Windows Media Player:
Step 1. Download and install the Audible Download Manager app onto your computer. Then open it.
Step 2. Press on the 'Option' > 'Activate PC' option. Then you are required to sign up for your Audible account details.
Step 3. Choose the 'Option' > 'Import Audible Titles' > 'Import into iTunes and Windows Media Player Library' icon.
Step 4. Confirm it by hitting on the 'OK' button.
Step 5. Your downloaded Audible files will be added to your iTunes or Windows Media Player. After then, you can get Audible listen offline on iTunes or Windows Media Player.
Part 4. How to Listen to Audible Books Offline on Mac Computer
If you use macOS 10.14 or earlier versions, you can use iTunes to listen to Audible without Internet. Yet, for macOS 10.15 or above, you need to use Apple Books to enjoy Audible audiobooks offline.
4.1 By iTunes: (macOS 10.14 or earlier)
Step 1. Go to Audible's website and log in with your account.
Step 2. Find the book you want and then click 'Download'.
Step 3. You will receive a message to 'Authorize the computer'.
Step 4. Click the 'Yes' button and then type your account details to authorize.
Step 5. After that, it will download your selected Audible book automatically. Then you can find it on your iTunes library and play it offline.
4.2 By Apple Books: (macOS 10.15 or later)
Step 1. First, you need to download Audible audiobooks on Mac from Audible's website.
Step 2. Then 'right-click' on the book title and choose 'Open with Books'.
Step 3. Then you will need to click on the 'Yes' button to authorize your computer.
Step 4. Enter your Amazon account details and click on 'Activate Now'.
Step 5. With the above steps, your downloaded Audible books will be added to Apple Books. You can listen to them offline on your Mac without an Internet connection.
Part 5. How to Listen to Audible Offline on Any Device/Player
There are many devices that do not support the Audible app, such as most MP3 players, some smart watches, smart TVs, etc. In this case, you cannot use the Audible app, let alone listen to Audible books offline. Thankfully, DRmare Audible Converter allows you to download Audible books as popular files with lossless sound preserved. You can then easily transfer those Audible files to other unauthorized devices for offline playback.
DRmare Audible Converter supports the 6 most commonly used formats, including MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, WAV and FLAC. With super fast 30X working speed, it can even preserve full ID3 tags like title, year, album art, etc.
DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter
- Remove protection from Audible audiobooks, iTunes books and others
- Batch convert Audible to MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4B, M4A at a fast 30X speed
- Split large audiobook files into small parts for easy access
- Support to reset the output audio parameters for Audible audiobooks
How to Convert Audible Books for Listening to Audible Offline Anywhere
Start by installing DRmare Audiobook Converter on your computer. Then follow the steps below to convert Audible audiobooks into plain audio files and listen to them offline.
- Step 1Load Audible files into DRmare Audible Converter
- Before starting to convert Audible books, please ensure that you had downloaded the books to your computer. After then, open DRmare Audiobook Converter and then you will see its main screen. Click on the 'add files' button from the bottom-left corner of DRmare. Then you can browse and choose the Audible books you want to convert.
- Step 2Select output audio format for Audible books
- DRmare provides several output audio formats for you to select. You can go to the 'audio' icon to pick up the one you like. Also, you can reset the codec, bit rate and more for Audible audiobooks before converting. Once set, then click on the 'OK' button.
- Step 3Convert Audible books for use offline
- Click the 'Convert' button to start converting Audible books for use without an internet connection on any device. Once converted, they will be saved to your computer. You can also move to the 'history' icon to check the local Audible audiobooks on your computer. Then you can transfer the Audible books to the device you want via a USB cable. Then you can listen to Audible offline on your desired device with ease.
Part 6. FAQs about Listening to Audible Offline
Q1: Can I Listen to Audible Offline?
A: Yes. You can download your purchased books through the Audible app. Once download, you can enjoy Audible offline mode with ease. You can also use DRmare Audible Converter to convert Audible books to a plain format so that they can be used offline on any other devices.
Q2: Can I Play the Plus Catalog Titles Offline?
A: Yes. If you are an Audible Plus or Premium Plus member, you can download Plus Catalog titles to the Audible app. After that, you can listen to these titles without an Internet connection.
Q3: Why Can't I Listen to Audible Offline?
A: Do you have purchased and downloaded Audible audiobooks in advance? If not, then you can't use Audible offline without connecting to an Internet. If yes, you can try the solutions below:
- Restart the Audible application and update it to the latest version.
- Update your device's operating system.
- Check your device's speakers to see if it's turned on.
- Delete the downloaded books and re-download them to your Audible.
- Use DRmare Audible Converter to download Audible books offline.
Can you use Audible without WiFi? Yes. If you are using an authorized device that is compatible with the Audible app, then you can directly download Audible books and listen to them offline. But if your device doesn't support Audible, you can use DRmare Audiobook Converter to convert Audible books to universal formats. Then, you can transfer the converted books to any device for offline playback.
Leave a Comment