Convert M4B Audiobooks to AAC to Play with Other Songs Together
"In iTunes I have many M4B audiobooks as well as some MP3 songs, can I create a playlist with both audiobooks and music to listen on iTunes together and transfer to my portable Player on my Mac computer? " - Asked by Dominic Mitchell.
When you add M4B to iTunes, they will be recognized as books and you can only find them under the audiobook tab instead of the music section. You won't be able to play M4B with other songs. This is really inconvenient sometimes. Here I will show you two fantastic ways to convert M4B to AAC.
View also: How to Convert DRM M4V to AAC
Part 1. Convert M4B Format to AAC Directly with iTunes
iTunes was originally created as a music management program, so it contains many useful features to encode your audio files with different codecs like AAC, MP3 and so on. In general, you just need to performance a few clicks to convert the format of your audio files.
Change import settings
1. Click 'Preferences' menu to open the iTunes settings window.
2. Go to the 'General' tab, click 'Import Settings', you will see the options to select the encoder etc.
3. Change the option Import Using as 'AAC Encoder' and Settings as 'Spoken Podcast'.
4. Click 'OK' to confirm and exit the preferences window.
Encode M4B audiobooks
1. Add your M4B books to the iTunes. If you have already done that, please just kit this step.
2. Select the audiobooks you want to convert under the 'Audiobooks' panel.
3. Click the top menu 'File' > 'Convert' > 'Create AAC Version', it will start to generate a new version of your files with AAC format.
View also: How to Convert Audible Books without iTunes
Part 2. Best M4B to AAC Converter - Convert Both DRM and non-DRM M4B Audiobooks
The above solution works perfectly if your audiobooks are imported from other sources without DRM protection. But it won't work for iTunes M4B audiobooks which are copyright protected. That is because Apple added the FairPlay DRM protection to prevents users from illegally distributing their digital media files. It makes sense we shouldn't copy the media files for any illegal use. However, if we use it only for personal, we shouldn't be limited with this encryption. Do you think so?
In this case, if you really want to convert M4B protected files too, you need to use a DRM decryptor to help you. DRmare Audio Converter for Windows/Mac is perhaps the most powerful program for any audio files. It comes with advanced features to convert Audible AA/AAX audiobooks, iTunes M4B files, Apple Music M4P files and so on.
View also: Top 8 Perfect Audible Alternatives
DRmare M4B Audiobook Converter
Though DRmare software is very easy to use, you may still have no idea how it works until you hands on to use it. So just click the download button to download a right version on your Windows or Mac. The trial version works the same way like the paid version, you can evaluate it to see if it meets your requirements or not.
- Step 1Add M4B audiobooks from iTunes
- If your audiobooks are bought and downloaded from iTunes, please make sure you have authorized them to play well first so that DRmare Audio Converter can access to them. To import M4B, you can drag and drop them or click the two '+' buttons from the bottom left to import from the iTunes library or computer folder.
- Step 2Choose AAC as the output format
- AAC is a lossy format but it has much better quality compared to MP3, so it should be good for most users. In case you want lossless format, you can choose FLAC or WAV too. Finally, since most audiobooks are very large in size, you can also split them to small files by click the editing icon.
- Step 3Convert iTunes M4B to AAC quickly
- DRmare Audio Converter supports batch converting feature. Please just click the start button from the bottom right, all the audiobooks as well as any other music files on the software will be converted quickly. Once it is done, you can click the 'Converted History' button to check all the converted files.
Part 3. Difference between M4B and AAC
AAC and M4B are both audio files, they are used for different scenarios.
AAC stands for Advanced Audio Coding, is one of the main formats for music files. It has better sound quality than MP3 while the size is not bigger than MP3. AAC works well on iTunes, iPod, iPad, Sony PS3 and many mobile devices and digital media players like VLC, Windows Media Player, KMPlayer. If you want to enjoy your M4B files with other songs together, converting your audiobooks to AAC is one of the best solutions.
M4B special for MPEG-4 audiobooks especially the ones from iTunes. Unlike other audio files, M4B has the advantage that it supports chapters, you can navigate to the part you want through the bookmark when listing to audiobooks. The problem is that many players still don't support M4B formats so well.
Has any more questions? Simply let's know your thoughts by commenting below.