[Solved] How to Listen to Any Audiobooks on Garmin GPS Gadgets
Garmin is a leading company on all kinds of GPS navigation systems for automotive, marine, aviation, outdoor and sport activities. These devices provide guidance to you when you are driving, running and whatsoever. Besides, there are a lot of other extra features. For instance, most of them include free apps to stream music as you go.
However, like other GPS manufacturers or wearable & smart watch devices producers Fitbit, Garmin still doesn't integrate the third party audiobooks or players like Audible, iTunes audiobooks etc. So is there another way to transfer your audiobooks to Garmin GPS device for playback? The answer is Yes. Please just follow the tips to find the right tips depending on what kinds of audiobooks and devices you have.
View also: How to Play Audible on FitBit Versa
Part 1. Transfer DRM Free Audiobooks with Garmin Express
Nowadays some online websites such as LibriVox offer copyright free audiobooks. If you have such kind of audiobooks, you can simply use the Garmin Express transferring tool to help you transfer them to your Garmin devices. It works well on the portable GPS, smart watches and so on. Here I will take the Garmin smart watch Forerunner NUVI/645/645 Music for example.
Step 1. Download and install Garmin Express to your Windows or Mac computer.
Step 2. Connect your device to the computer by using an USB Cable.
Step 3. Launch the application, it will detect your your Garmin Smart Watch Forerunner.
Step 4. You can select "Music" on Windows computer or "iTunes" on Mac and then browse to find your audiobook files with the format MP3 or AAC.
Step 5. Select the checked boxes in front of the audio files and click "Send to Device" to upload audiobooks to Garmin Forerunner.
Part 2. Listen to Audible Audiobooks on Garmin GPS with the Audible Manager
Audible audiobooks are combined with the DRM encryption, so normally you can't use the Garmin Express tool. Luckily, there is still an Audible Manager to transfer Audible books to MP3 players as well as other devices which are not able to install the Audible app. It works well for the Garmin Drive 50/51/60/61and so on.
Step 1. Download Audible audiobooks to your computer with the official download tool.
Step 2. Install the Audible Manager for Windows.
Step 3. Connect your Garmin GPS device to the computer via USB.
Step 4. Open Audible Manager > Click "Devices" > "Add New Device", please select "Garmin GPS" on the popup window and click "OK".
Step 5. It will start to install the component file to your device and it takes a few minutes. Please wait carefully for it to complete and click "Activate".
Step 6. Now you should see your model of GPS show up on the Audible Manager. You can choose your audiobooks and click "Add to Devices" to copy Audible files to Garmin GPS.
Part 3. The Most Flexible Way to Transfer Both DRM and DRM-Free Audiobooks to GPS
Have you ever encountered the problem that your GPS device is not recognized by Audible Manager no matter what methods you tried? If so, it is mostly likely that your device is not compatible.
Are you completely out of luck in this case? Not really. You can still turn the DRM audiobooks to copyright free files so that to transfer in other ways by USB, SD card and so on.
DRmare Audiobook Converter Ultimate for Windows/Mac is an all-in-one tool to convert most kinds of audoobooks including Audible and iTunes. By removing DRM, you will really own the books. And you can use them for any purposes as you want.
Comprehensive Audiobook Converter for Windows/Mac
- Convert DRM AA/AAX/M4A/M4B audiobooks to common MP3, AAC quickly
- Split and edit audiobooks to make it meet your requirements better
- Keep original quality while converting at an up to 30X faster speed
- Super friendly user interface with batch converting speed, get your job done effortlessly
Wonder how to transfer iTunes audiobooks to Garmin GPS watch just like common music files? You just need to do a few clicks.
- Step 1Add DRM audiobook files
- You can download and authorize your Audible or iTunes audiobooks on iTunes first. Then click the "Add Files" icon to browse the files and import them to DRmare software. In theory, you can add as many files as you want with the batch converting feature.
- Step 2Choose MP3 or AAC format
- The best formats work with Garmin GPS is MP3 or AAC. Please choose the format you want. Besides, you can do a few tweaks on other settings by following the screen wizard if you want.
- Step 3Break DRM from audiobooks
- At last, you can slightly click the "Convert" button to start to convert all your audiobooks. It won't be long with its surprisingly fast converting speed. But if you have a lot of files, you may just leave the computer to do the converting automatically. And you can set the computer to shut down when the job is done.
- Step 4Copy audiobooks to GPS Devices
- Now you should have got the converted MP3 or AAC files. You can copy them freely anyway. For the GPS devices which supports SD or USB, you can transfer the audiobooks via SD/USB. Or you can check the part 1 above to transfer audiobooks via the Garmin Express tool for Garmin GPS wearables & smart watches.