"Can you cut music on Spotify?" Sometimes some parts of Spotify songs are annoying. So, some people want to shorten songs on Spotify. Yet, there is no official way to cut Spotify music. That's because Spotify music files are with protection. They can't be used and edited outside the Spotify app.
So, any solution on how to cut songs on Spotify? The answer is yes. In this post, we will walk you through how to get and cut music from Spotify. Just get started and learn how to achieve.
Part 1. How to Get Spotify Music for Cutting - Best Tool
We know that Spotify music is protected. So, to cut the music, we need to get them as local files. Here we will need help from the DRmare Spotify Music Converter.
This tool can break protection from Spotify music without any effort. And it can convert and download Spotify songs to MP3. You can also save Spotify songs as FLAC and other audio formats. Besides, it allows you to edit the audio quality, bit rate, and more you want.
Also, DRmare Spotify Music Converter can work at a fast conversion speed. So, you don't need to worry about that it will take much of your time to do the conversion. Besides, it can keep the original audio quality of Spotify songs though it runs fast.
It also supports to define the output path to save the downloaded Spotify music files on your computer. Then you can find the local Spotify audio files easily on your PC. Moreover, with this tool, you can download Spotify songs to computer without Spotify premium account.
After using this smart tool, you get the local Spotify songs. Then you can move Spotify music to other platforms to cut music from Spotify without any limitations.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
In this part, we will guide you on how to convert Spotify music for cutting via DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Then you can trim songs on Spotify without any limits on other platforms. Here we go.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs to DRmare
- Install and then open the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. The Spotify app will show as well. Next, enter the Spotify app to search for the songs you want to convert for cutting. Once got, then drag the track to DRmare. Or copy and paste its link to the search box on DRmare. And then click on the '+' icon to import Spotify songs to DRmare for converting.
- Step 2Customize output parameters for Spotify
- DRmare supports multiple output audio formats, like MP3, M4A, M4B, FLAC, AAC, and WAV. You can select one of them from the list. To open the setting window, please click on the Menu icon. Then choose 'Preferences'. And then click on the 'Convert' tab in the opened window. Here you can reset the audio format, bit rate and more you want. After that, press the 'OK' button to save the settings.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for cutting
- Here you can touch the 'Convert' button. Then all the Spotify songs in the DRmare program will be converted and downloaded. You can find them on your computer via the 'converted' icon on DRmare. Then you can move Spotify music to the audio editing program to cut Spotify songs with ease.
Part 2. How to Trim Songs on Spotify on Computer
In this part, we will introduce some tools for you to cut music from Spotify. Please check them in detail.
1. DRmare Audio Capture
Besides DRmare Spotify Music Converter, here is another tool for you to cut music from Spotify. This tool is DRmare Audio Capture. It is an audio format converter and an audio editor.
It is a tool that can download music from Spotify. And then you can use it to trim and edit songs on Spotify. Besides, it can also keep ID3 tags and the original audio quality of Spotify songs. It can also save Spotify music as MP3, FLAC and more plain audio formats.
In addition, it also allows you to record audio tracks from more sources. You can get audio from video websites, music streaming services and so on with this tool.
After that, you can save the recorded audio files on your computer as local files. And you can use the files on other devices and platforms.
How to Edit Songs on Spotify by DRmare Audio Capture
- Open the DRmare Audio Capture.
- Click the '+' icon to add the Spotify app to DRmare. Or add the web browser to it.
- Hit on the 'audio' icon. Here you can reset the audio format, etc. for Spotify music.
- Open the Spotify app or Spotify Web Player on the DRmare program.
- Play the songs you want to convert and cut. Then DRmare will record Spotify songs at once.
- Once recorded, touch the 'edit' icon. Then you can edit Spotify songs. You can drag the timeline to make it. Or, set the start time and end time.
- After that, click 'Save' to keep the cut Spotify music on your computer. To find them, please click on the 'converted' icon.
Audacity is a well-known audio recording program on mobile and desktop. It also allows users to trim audio tracks and edit audio files. Here we will show you how to shorten a song on Spotify by Audacity on computer.
Step 1. Open Audacity on your PC and drag & drop the converted Spotify songs to it.
Step 2. Touch the Selection Tool on the wavepad form with your Spotify audio track.
Step 3. Set the selection marks and apply the options shown in the 'Edit' menu.
Step 4. Head to 'File' > 'Save Project' to save the setting.
Step 5. At last, click 'File' > 'Export audio' > 'Format' to pick up a file extension. Next, touch the 'Save' button to keep the edited Spotify tracks on your computer.
Part 3. How to Cut Music from Spotify on Mobile Phone
If you want to clip Spotify songs on a mobile phone, then you can use two tools here to make it.
1. MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker
With this tool, you can trim your audio track and use it on your device as a ringtone, alarm and others. Now, let's learn how to use this tool to edit songs on Spotify.
Step 1. Please move the converted Spotify music files to Android or iOS device from your computer first.
Step 2. Start MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker app on your phone. Then choose and import the synced Spotify music to it for cutting.
Step 3. Choose the length or else you want to trim. Besides, you can alter the volume, bit rate and more for the audio tracks.
Step 4. At last, you can keep the track on your phone for use. Also, you can share it with others.
2. Music Editor
Step 1. Download and install the Music Editor app on your mobile device from the app store.
Step 2. Open the app and choose the 'Trim Audio' option.
Step 3. Click on the 'Files' icon to import the local Spotify music files to it.
Step 4. Choose the part of the audio track you want to edit and trim as well as alter the time.
Step 5. Once cut the audio, you can touch the 'Save' button to store it on your device for use.
Part 4. In Conclusion
In this post, you learned how to cut a song on Spotify on computer and mobile. To make it, you need to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to convert and save Spotify songs to local files on your computer first. Then you can move the local Spotify files to the audio editor app or other platforms to trim Spotify songs you want. Then you can use those Spotify tracks as ringtones or else you like.