Q: When doing exercise outside, I'd like to listen to Spotify music offline. These days, I get a Samsung Gear S3. Can I play Spotify on Samsung Gear S3 offline? It is more convenient to carry than phones.
It's well-known that Spotify comes well with Samsung Gear wearable devices. With the Spotify Premium account, you can stream Spotify music offline on Gear S3 and S2. But for newbies using Samsung devices, it is not easy to set up.
Today, we will offer the top two ways to download Spotify offline playlists to Samsung Gear S3 and S2. It works for Spotify Premium and Spotify Free users respectively.
Part 1. Play Spotify on Samsung Gear S3 Offline with Premium
After years of development, Spotify has the widest supports for devices. Such as mobile, tablet, computers, TVs, cars, game consoles, speakers. Of course, also includes the most popular wearable devices. Samsung Gear S3 and S2 are two of them. You can follow the tips to learn more about the features and set up and use it.
Spotify on Samsung Gear S3: Install the Spotify App
Spotify and Samsung Gear S3 have integration. But it is not installed by default. Please follow the steps to set up the app on the S2/S3. Note: Before you do that, please make sure Spotify is on your phone. And pair your smartwatch with your phone via Bluetooth.
Step 1. Tap "Apps" from the Samsung Gear home screen.
Step 2. Click the "Samsung Gear" menu to choose "Samsung Galaxy Apps".
Step 3. Search the 'Spotify' in the search bar. And then follow the screen instruction to install the Spotify app.
Spotify on Samsung Gear S3: Play Spotify Playlists Offline
Step 1. Unlink your phone with the Samsung Gear S3 or use your phone as airplane mode.
Step 2 Launch the Spotify app on your Samsung watch. It will need you to log in to your Spotify Premium account. Just do it.
Step 3. Navigate to the Settings > Playback > Stream on Wi-Fi. You can discover your favorite playlists that you like to play offline.
Step 4. Turn on the toggle to Download' option to download the playlist offline.
Step 5. Enjoy downloaded Spotify playlists on Samsung Gear S3 under the offline mode.
Features of Spotify on Samsung Gear
The features vary depending on the type of subscription you have. With the free subscription, you can use the Spotify app on your Gear S2/S3 as a remote controller. View your recently played songs. Browse the new releases and tracks which fit your mood. Search for any music you want from the full category.
But to download music to the app to listen offline on your Gear, you have to subscribe to the Spotify Premium. Besides that, the premium account allows for voice control and other cool functions.
Part 2. Download Spotify Offline Playlists to Samsung Gear S3 for Free
Spotify app does work well offline on Samsung Gear, but it is available for free users. The downloaded songs are only available offline for 14 days. To continue to keep them offline, you need to put your Gear online to activate it again before expiring. So is there a free way to batch download Spotify offline playlists to Gear S3 to listen forever?
The answer is yes. To achieve this goal, I will recommend DRmare Music Converter for Spotify. Because of its superior features and high productivity. You can use it to download Spotify songs without Premium offline. Also, you can extract common audio files from these Spotify playlists. After that, you can use a mobile phone Gear app to play Spotify offline.
Top-Notch Spotify Music Converter from DRmare
- Up to 5X Converting speed for any albums, tracks, playlists, artists
- Batch download and backup and hundreds of Spotify songs to your devices forever
- Convert OGG to MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, WAV, FLAC to support many players
- Save your money, you don't need Spotify Premium any more after downloading
These features are cool, aren't they? If you are excited about it, why not download and try it out by yourself? Follow the quick tutorial below to get Samsung Gear S3 to work with Spotify for free.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs that you'd like to play on Gear S3
- DRmare software supports to get the music online from the URL. You can copy the link of the songs and then press "+" button on the DRmare software. Or, you can drag and drop the songs, albums, playlists from the Spotify app to the main screen more.
- Step 2Choose output format for Gear S3 / Fit 2 (optional)
- Samsung Gear Fit 2/S/Sport comes with an audio player that supports most audio formats like MP3, OGG, WAV or AMR and so on. If you'd like to keep the lossless output quality, you can select the WAV format. The only drawback is that WAV has a big size. If you don't want the files to take up all the space on your Samsung Gear, you can also pick up the most popular MP3 format. It has high audio quality as well as a small size.
- Step 3Download Spotify tracks for Samsung Gear
- After that, you can do more settings such as selecting the output folder from your computer. When everything is ready, you can tap the "Convert" button. DRmare software will start to turn Spotify songs into common audio files. With the 5X faster-converting speed, it will save you a lot of time compared to other rival products. Besides, you don't have to stand in front of the computer. It can do the job automatically.
- Step 4Add Spotify to Samsung Gear Fit 2 / S3
- You can either use a PC Music Manager tool or a mobile phone Gear app to help. Both work in a similar way and here I will take the Gear app to show how does it work.
#1. Connect your mobile phone to the computer via a USB interface. Copy and paste to add the music files to your phone.
#2. Install and run the Samsung Gear app on your mobile phone, then click the menu "Settings" > "Send Content to Gear". Also, please make sure your phone pairs with the Samsung smartwatch via Bluetooth.
#3. It will pop up a window with the music files you added. Please select the Spotify songs and press the "Done" button.
#4. It takes some time for the files to sync. When everything is right, the audio files will be in your Gear S2/S3. And you can get Spotify on the Samsung Gear S3 without a premium membership.
- Video TutorialHow to Download Spotify for Samsung Gear S3
- To find how does it work in a much easier way, you can also follow this quick video tutorial. It's clear to download Spotify music for playing on Samsung Gear S3 offline.