Q: "Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlist when I'm adding songs to my playlist! How to stop Spotify from adding songs to my playlist? I've been looking for an answer to this question because it's very annoying. And I've heard that it's not a problem for those who have a premium membership. Should I really subscribe to premium membership?"
One of the most common issues people have with Spotify is that Spotify keeps adding songs to their playlists without their permission. Are you tired of Spotify adding songs to your playlists? Why does Spotify automatically add songs and how can you stop Spotify from adding songs to your playlists? Today, we will help you to solve these problems. With the last method, you can even stop Spotify from adding songs to playlist without a premium account.
- Part 1. Why Does Spotify Add Songs to My Playlist?
- Part 2. How to Stop Spotify from Adding Songs to Playlist
- Fix 1. Turn Off the Enhance Feature
- Fix 2. Disable Auto Play
- Fix 3. Add More than 15 Songs
- Fix 4. Create a New Playlist
- Fix 5. Upgrade to Spotify Premium
- Part 3. How to Avoid Spotify Adding Songs to Playlist
- Part 4. To Sum Up
Part 1. Why Does Spotify Add Songs to My Playlist?
"Why does Spotify keep adding songs to my playlists?" Spotify automatically adds random songs to your playlists for different reasons.
1. You're using the free version of Spotify. If you have the free version of Spotify on your mobile device, Spotify will automatically add more songs. If you want to get rid of it, you'll need to buy a Spotify premium membership.
2. You have added less than 15 songs to your playlist. If this is the case, Spotify will keep adding songs to your playlist without notice. This is a common problem that Spotify users have surely experienced at some point.
3. You are listening to a carefully curated playlist created by Spotify. You can't select and add songs to Spotify's curated playlists. If this is the case, you can create a playlist of your own.
4. You have "Enhance" enabled. This is an update that was released in September 2021. If you have this feature enabled, a random track will be added and played for every two songs, up to a maximum of 30 songs.
Part 2. How to Stop Spotify from Adding Songs to Playlist
Above are the possible reasons that may cause Spotify keeps adding songs to playlist. So, here you may ask: how do I stop Spotify from adding songs to my playlist? Please don't worry. In this section, we will show 5 common ways to solve it.
Fix 1. Turn Off the Enhance Feature
If you've experienced the problem with Spotify keeping adding songs to playlist, then the first step is to check if the "Enhance" feature is on. If this feature is on, then you can turn it off. And all your added songs by Spotify will be automatically removed. To turn off the "Enhance" feature, refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Go to the playlist where Spotify added additional songs.
Step 2. Look for the "Enhance" button at the top of the playlist.
Step 3. Turn off the "Enhance" feature.
Fix 2. Disable Auto Play
You may have noticed that Spotify has an autoplay option. If it is enabled, Spotify will keep adding and autoplaying similar songs to your playlist after your music ends. Then you can stop Spotify from adding songs to playlist by simply disabling this feature. To stop Spotify from adding songs to your playlist by turning off autoplay, follow these steps.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app and click on the "Settings" icon at the top left.
Step 2. Once you are in "Settings", look for the "Autoplay" option and turn it off.
Fix 3. Add More than 15 Songs
If you're being added with official Spotify recommendations, it's because you have less than 15 songs in your playlist. It's a piece of cake to fix your problem. Just add more songs to the playlist until it exceeds 15 songs. Here is how to add songs to Spotify playlist:
Step 1. Open Spotify on your smart phone or computer.
Step 2. Search for the song you want to add to your playlist.
Step 3. Tap on the three dots below the song name and select "Add to Playlist".
Fix 4. Create a New Playlist
If none of the above methods solve your problem, then try creating a new playlist. And remember to add at least 15 songs to your new playlist, and make sure to disable enhancements and autoplay. Maybe this way you can stop Spotify from adding songs to playlist.
Step 1. Open Spotify and tap on "New Playlist" in the left corner.
Step 2. Give this playlist a name and tap on "Create".
Step 3. Add more than 15 songs to this playlist.
Fix 5. Upgrade to Spotify Premium
If you're using the free version of Spotify, songs are automatically added to your playlist. You may have also experienced ads appearing in the middle of songs with a free Spotify membership. Well, all these problems can be solved if you purchase a premium membership to Spotify. Premium membership prevents Spotify from adding songs, with some additional benefits like enhanced features, offline listening, no ads, improved audio quality, and showtime subscriptions.
Part 2. How to Avoid Spotify from Adding Songs to Playlist
Generally speaking, the problem of Spotify keeps adding songs to playlist should be solved by the above 5 solutions. However, if your problem still persists, here is a solution that will surely solve the problem. Moreover, this method can help you avoid Spotify adding songs to playlists.
That is to download Spotify music with DRmare Spotify Music Converter. After downloading, you can create your own playlist and enjoy it when you are offline. In this way, Spotify will not add songs to your playlist automatically.
To use DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you don't need to be a premium user. You can use it to download music from Spotify or use it to block Spotify ads. It can download up to 5 times faster and keep the original sound quality. So you can enjoy Spotify music and have a happy experience at the same time. You can stop Spotify from adding songs to playlist permanently.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Keep Spotify from Adding Songs to Playlist Permanently
Now, we will show you how to use DRmare Music Converter to get Spotify keeps adding songs to playlist fixed. Before that, please download the DRmare Spotify Music Converter via the "Download" button above.
- Step 1 Load Spotify songs to DRmare
- Open DRmare Spotify Music Converter, and it will launch Spotify at the same time. You can add songs from Spotify by dragging them into the DRmare software's interface. Or you can copy the link of the song and paste it into the search bar on DRmare's main screen. Next, click on the '+' icon to load the song.
- Step 2Set the output format for Spotify songs
- Go to 'Preferences' under 'Menu' in DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Then you can customize the output settings for your added Spotify songs. Here you can reset the audio format, bit rate, and more. After then, apply the settings by hitting on the 'OK' button.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs for offline playing
- Click on the 'Convert' button, and DRmare will start downloading Spotify songs at a 5X fast speed. After downloading, you can find the downloaded Spotify music in the "Converted" section. Then you are free to add Spotify songs to your playlist and listen to Spotify offline. You can no longer worry about Spotify adding songs to your playlist.
Part 4. To Sum Up
When you experience Spotify keeps adding songs to your playlists, you can use the solutions we suggested above. Most users can stop Spotify from adding songs to playlist temporarily. However, the same problems may reappear from time to time. So, the best way to get rid of this problem forever is to download all your favorite Spotify songs with the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. If you have any other questions or suggestions, you can comment below or feel free to contact us.
Leave a Comment