How to Block Ads on Spotify - Best 4 Ways
For Spotify, it offers both free and premium tiers of services for users. Anyone can listen to the fantastic Spotify directly. But you have to bear the occasional Ads from Spotify with the free plan.
In fact, no one likes ads interrupting their streaming music. Thus, is there any way on how to skip Ads on Spotify?
Yes, sure. In this post, we will list best 4 ways for you to block Ads on Spotify. Please read on it and see how to do that.
Part 1. How to Block Ads on Spotify with Spotify Premium
To block Spotify Ads, the easiest way is to upgrade Spotify free account to Premium plan. With the built-in Spotify Ad blocker, the Spotify premium plan can block Ads on Spotify by default. And with Spotify premium plan, you can download and listen to Spotify tracks offline with high quality. This plan just costs $9.99 per month. Now, let's see how to get Spotify premium to help you block Spotify Ads.
Step 1. Enter to Spotify official webpage on your computer.
Step 2. Locate the 'Get Spotify Premium' option on the page and hit on it.
Step 3. Choose the premium plan you like and go ahead to pay for it.
Step 4. Touch on the 'Start My Spotify Premium' button at the bottom of the page to finish the subscription.
After then, you can block Ads on Spotify while enjoying music.
Part 2. How to Block Ads on Spotify without Premium
Besides upgrading to Spotify premium, here is another way for you. You could use the third-party Spotify Ad blocker. This tool can download Spotify tracks without premium. And it allows you to listen to Spotify without Ads with ease offline.
DRmare Spotify Downloader Windows is here to help. It supports to download the ad-free songs from Spotify to your local computer. Then you can copy the songs to any devices you want. With high audio quality and 5X faster speed, it is superior to any other rival tools which can be found online.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Download any songs, albums, playlists from Spotify with a free account
- Batch convert Spotify music to MP3, M4A, AAC, M4B, WAV, FLAC
- Remove DRM protection so that to get the most out of Spotify tracks
- The converted songs can be copied to portable speaker, mobile phones
- Step 1Import the link of Spotify music
- You can copy & paste the link of the songs from Spotify to DRmare. Or you can drag the Spotify songs to DRmare program from Spotify. DRmare will be able to capture the music that are available online.
- Step 2Set output parameters
- DRmare Spotify Converter supports a wide variety of output formats. You just need to choose one format such as MP3 to download all the music directly. As for other parameters, you can customize them as you want.
- Step 3Download Spotify without ads
- At last, you can click the "Convert" button to start downloading the songs offline. Then you will get the Ads-free Spotify songs on your computer. And you can play Spotify without Ads on other devices offline.
Part 3. How to Block Spotify Ads with StopAd
StopAd is a free Spotify Ad blocker. It supports to block Ads on Spotify web player or desktop client. But it doesn't block Spotify Ads on Spotify mobile app now.
How to Block Ads on Spotify Web Player
1. Install the Web Assistant from StopAd.
2. Open the application and hit on the green/grey hand from the bottom-left corner.
3. On the right from 'Ad Blocker', hit on the green button to enable 'Ad Blocker'.
4. Then you can add Spotify to the list and it will block Ads on Spotify web player while listening to music on it.
Block Ads on Spotify Desktop App
1. Download and install StopAd plugin into your computer.
2. Launch StopAd and go to the 'Setting'.
3. Hit on 'Application' > 'Search app', and then type Spotify.
4. Check-mark it, then touch on 'Add to filtering'.
Part 4. How to Block Ads on Spotify by Host File
Revising the host file on your computer is another way to block Spotify Ads. Here let's check how to make it as below.
Step 1. Locate the host file on your Mac or Windows computer.
For Windows computer: Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Then refresh the DNS cache with ipconfig /flushdns when finishing editing the file with Administrator's privileges.
For Mac computer: Open the host file in Terminal by typing vim /etc/hosts or sudo nano /etc/hosts.
Step 2. Copy the hosts' list here from the bottom of the file and paste it to cover the old file.
Step 3. Re-launch the Spotify app and then listen to Spotify without Ads on computer.