"I had been a premium user of Spotify for a long time, but recently I met an issue. When I try to download songs from Spotify on my iPhone/Android device, then Spotify says waiting to download. I have tried several times and the result is the same. What happened? Had anyone encountered this issue before? Please help." - Question form the Spotify community.
For Spotify, you can download up to 10000 songs for 3 devices after paying for the premium subscription. But why Spotify premium users still meet the Spotify stuck on waiting to download issue?
Please don't worry and read on this post. Here we will explore the reasons and solutions for you to fix the issue that Spotify waiting to download. Just move on and learn how to do that.
Part 1. Why Does Spotify Say Waiting to Download
Why Spotify not downloading? There are some simple reasons that will cause the 'Spotify waiting to download' error. Now let's check the reasons as below.
1. There is a download limit of Spotify for each device even with a Spotify premium subscription. In general, with Spotify premium, you can download up to till 10000 songs on up to 3 devices. If you had reached the limitation, then Spotify will prevent you from downloading any more songs.
2. Your firewall software is opened and reported the application as dangerous. Then your OS may prevent the application from downloading songs.
3. Your network is not stable enough or others will also prevent you to download songs onto your device.
4. If your device is run out of storage, then you won't download songs successfully.
5. The update of Spotify application will also cause 'waiting to download Spotify' error, because of the compatibility.
6. Your Spotify premium plan is not valid also will cause the error.
Part 2. Common Solutions for Spotify Waiting to Download Issue
From above, we had known the reasons of Spotify waiting to download local files. In this part, we will show you some solutions to fix Spotify stuck on waiting to download issue. Following are the proven solutions you should try first.
1. Don't Exceeded Spotify Download Limit
As Spotify only allows to download on up to 3 devices 10000 songs, so please make sure the total tracks you downloaded are less than 10000 songs. Also, for each of your iPhone or Android phone, please make sure you download less than 3333 tracks.
If it is because you have exceeded the downloading limitation, you can try to delete a few old Spotify songs from your device. Then try again to download the new tracks. It should work.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify
We know that Spotify keeps rolling out new features and removing old features. If you are using an old version, it is possible to cause compatibility issue. Many users have try to reinstall Spotify to fix the issue of Spotify playlist waiting to download. So you can give it a try to uninstall Spotify once and reinstall it again.
By the way, if you are using a hacked Spotify Premium version, such as the Spotify++. It is normal that you will encounter the Spotify++ waiting to download issue. So please make sure you installed the official version.
In addition, when you reinstall Spotify on your iPhone or Android device and Spotify app can't be installed, then it will ask you to clear your phone's storage. Then you need to clear up your phone's storage first.
3. Disable the Antivirus or Firewall
Generally, the well-known Antivirus and Firewalls won't have such issue. But some less-known firewalls may misreport legal software and operations and block the processes. I have found some users encounter the same Spotify waiting to download issue. And they solve it by simply removing the security software like McAfee and Avast.
Besides, you could try to disable the Firewall or add Spotify app as an exception on your computer. Here we will take Windows computer as an example to add Spotify to Firewall exception. Here are the steps.
1. Search for Windows Firewall at the Start menu and then click 'Windows Defender Firewall' to open it.
2. Hit on 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall'.
3. Click on 'Change Settings' > 'Allow another app...' option.
4. Touch on 'Browse' and go to your Spotify folder.
5. Press on 'Add' to add Spotify to Firewall.
6. Then tick both 'Private' and 'Public' to allow it and then click 'OK'.
After that, you could open Spotify and see whether 'Spotify download stuck on waiting' issue had been fixed or not.
4. Check Your Network
No matter what kind of networks 2G/3G/4G/Wifi you have, it is possible the network has a lockout time. So you can restart your Wifi router or turn on/off the airplane mode to reset the mobile network.
Also, please make sure there is not a proxy settings else it will affect the Internet connection.
To fix the issue 'Spotify waiting to download local files', you need to make sure both your computer and phone are on the same network. Then open your Spotify apps on both of your devices. And then go to Spotify on your computer and hit on 'connect to device' icon. Next, click your phone name.
5. Clean Up Your Phone Space
To download Spotify songs offline smoothly, you need to make sure your phone has big enough remaining space. If your phone internal storage is full, you can also try to save Spotify songs to an SD card.
You could check how much storage you own on your phone in Spotify app:
1. Click the setting icon in the upper-right corner of your phone's screen.
2. Scroll down the list and hit 'Storage'.
3. Then you will see the available space of your phone on the screen.
If you run out of the storage, then you could delete Spotify cache to free up the storage of your phone. Here is how to do that.
1. Click the 'gear' icon in the top tight left of Spotify home screen and scroll down to 'Storage'.
2. Hit on 'Delete cache' and hit again to confirm.
Then you can clear the cache of Spotify on your phone.
6. Check Whether Your Premium Plan is Valid
You should note that only Spotify premium users can download songs. If you are not a premium user, then you need to subscribe for it first. Or you are already a premium user, then you need to make sure whether your plan is valid or not.
Part 3. Best Way to Solve Spotify Waiting to Download Issue
Due to the DRM limitation, it is not possible to download songs from Spotify to MP3 files directly. When you download Spotify songs, they are encrypted from the Spotify server before caching on your local device.
If you have tried all the top 6 solutions above, but still can't fix Spotify stuck on waiting to download issue. Then the most reliable alternative way is to use third-party software to help you. It is DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader for Mac/Windows that can solve this issue easily and conveniently.
DRmare Music Downloader for Spotify
Can't wait to do that? Please just click the "Download" button to download the software to your Windows or Mac computer. And then follow me to download Spotify music.
- Step 1Add Spotify music
- You can drag & drop songs, playlists or albums from Spotify desktop app to DRmare main screen. DRmare will recognize the songs which you want to download immediately. You can import up to 100 songs at a time.
- Step 2Choose output format
- DRmare supports many output formats MP3, M4A, AAC, M4B, WAV, FLAC. But the most popular one is MP3 which has good quality and small size. Here I will choose MP3.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs within 1 click
- Check to make sure everything is ready and click "Convert". Then you just wait a little while to get all your Spotify songs offline.
- That's it. Without any hassles, you will have the Spotify music you want. And with the solutions above, you surely won't encounter the waiting to download Spotify issue anymore. To transfer Spotify songs to Android, you just need to copy and paste them. For iOS devices, you can import Spotify songs to iTunes and sync them.