Spotify is a big and popular music streaming service in the market. Any user can register for a free Spotify account and enjoy Spotify music online with ads. With a Spotify premium subscription, users can download ad-free Spotify music and playlists for offline listening. But all Spotify songs can only be readable and playable through the Spotify app on selected platforms and devices.
If you want to break this limitation and have full control over Spotify music playback, a Spotify MP3 Converter solution is recommended. It specializes in converting Spotify to MP3 files, which are compatible with almost all devices and players. But which is the best Spotify converter? No worry! In this post, we will list the top 14 best Spotify to MP3 converters, including online freeware and third-party software for your reference. No matter which device you use, you can find a professional program to work with it.
Part 1. Best Spotify to MP3 Converter in 2022
With talented innovation and the routine update, DRmare Spotify Music Converter could be the best Spotify to MP3 converter in 2022. This software not only has the most concise UI but also the highest performance. It supports downloading all kinds of Spotify content offline at a faster speed. It works well to convert Spotify songs, playlists, podcasts, albums, audiobooks to MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, and M4B in batch. Because of its effectiveness, it can save you a great amount of time.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
DRmare Spotify Music Converter uses the most advanced downloading technology to do Spotify format conversion. During the conversion process, it will keep the lossless audio quality of Spotify songs for you.
If necessary, you can also try to customize the output audio parameters of Spotify tracks, such as bit rate (128 kbps to 320 kbps), bit depth (16 bit or 24 bit), sample rate (44.1KHz to 192KHz) to bring a wonderful listening experience. Also, ID3 tags, Meta Data such as the year, album cover, and song title will be retained in Spotify MP3 downloads well. With it, you can use and listen to Spotify tracks on any device offline.
How to Use DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Step 1. Get the DRmare Spotify Music Converter downloaded and installed on your computer by clicking the above 'Download' button. Besides, this software needs to work with the Spotify desktop app, so please install it on your computer in advance. Then, open DRmare Spotify Music Converter, and wait until Spotify app shows. Please log into your Spotify account details.
Step 2. Go to the Spotify software to find the tracks for converting. Once found, you can drag them to the conversion list one by one. Or copy and put the link of Spotify playlist or album to the search bar at the top and hit the plus icon to load all songs automatically.
Step 3. Click the menu icon at the top right and then choose 'Preferences'. In the new window, touch 'Convert' section and you can set Spotify output audio parameters, including Output Format, Sample Rate, Bit Rate, Channel, Conversion Speed, Destination Folder, etc. as you like.
Step 4. Hit the big 'Convert' button to start to convert added Spotify audios as MP3 files. Click the 'Converted' icon to find the downloaded Spotify MP3 songs on your Windows or Mac computers. Then you can play Spotify songs on multiple devices offline you like, burn them to CD, or set them as alarm, ringtone, etc.
Supported platform: Windows & Mac
- Clean and brand new design, making it easiest ever to use
- Work at a 5X faster speed, batch convert Spotify songs
- Support to output Spotify songs as MP3, FLAC, AAC and so on
- Retain the ID3 tag info, 100% original and lossless quality
- Support to play Spotify music on any device offline
- The paid version costs $14.95
Part 2. Paid Spotify MP3 Converter for Windows and Mac - Top 5
In this part, we will show top 5 best qualified third-party Spotify MP3 converter for Windows and Mac for you. Let's check them out below.
Top 1. AudFun Spotify Music Converter
AudFun Spotify Music Converter is a great Spotify to MP3 converter for Mac and Windows. It supports to get music from Spotify as local files without Spotify premium. And it can save the Spotify audio to MP3, FLAC and more common audio formats. Also, you can change the audio bit rate and so on for Spotify music files you want.
How to Use AudFun Spotify Music Converter:
- Download and install the AudFun Spotify Music Converter program on your computer. Open AudFun Spotify Converter to MP3. The Spotify app will appear also.
- Click on the menu icon and choose 'Preferences' to start to set audio parameters for Spotify songs.
- Access the Spotify app to drag and drop the songs you like to the AudFun Spotify Music Converter. Or, get the song's link and put it on to text box on it. And then hit on the 'plus' icon.
- Hit on the 'Convert' button to start to run the conversion process. After that, you will get the plain MP3 audio files of Spotify.
Supported platform: Windows & Mac
- Easy to operate and convert music from the Spotify app
- Download songs from Spotify for free
- Output Spotify music as MP3, WAV and more
- Convert Spotify songs in batch with original quality kept
- It is a premium program
Top 2. DRmare Audio Capture
DRmare Audio Capture is well-designed to record audio files streaming on your computer. It offers a legal way to capture music from all kinds of audio streaming sites. It includes Spotify, Pandora, BBC radio, Last.fm, and so on.
It has smart audio recording and converting features. You can use it as the best Spotify to MP3 recorder on Windows and Mac. It also allows you to trim and cut Spotify songs to delete unwanted parts and merge some Spotify audio clips into a whole file with one click. It features a built-in ID3 tags editor, which enables you to easily customize ID3 tags of Spotify files. There are a few other apps that can act as great as this one.
Guides to Use DRmare Audio Capture to Record Spotify Music:
- Install the DRmare Audio Capture on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Launch the DRmare program. In the main window, there are some app icons. Check whether Spotify is in it or not. If not, then hit the plus button to add Spotify to it.
- Touch on the 'audio' icon at the bottom right. Then you can set Spotify as MP3 and other audio formats as you like. Click 'OK' and back to the main window of DRmare Audio Capture. Then touch on the Spotify icon.
- Find and play Spotify songs you like. And this Spotify MP3 recorder will start to record the playing songs.
- Click 'Save' once done. Or you can hit the 'edit' icon at each song to trim them. Hit the 'Converted' button to find the Spotify tracks on your computer.
Supported platform: Windows & Mac
- A legal way to record songs from Spotify and other music streaming services
- Save full ID3 tags and original sound quality
- Powerful editing and cutting features after recording
- Batch record and convert audio tracks
- You need to use web browser to play many Spotify songs to record multiple tracks at the same time.
Top 3. AudFree Spotify Music Converter
Another best Spotify to MP3 converter we can meet here is AudFree Spotify Music Converter. With this tool, you can not only download single Spotify songs but also entire Spotify playlists or albums as local files on your computer and keep them forever. It also supports converting Spotify music to MP3 and other common audio formats as you like. Plus, the output audio parameters of Spotify MP3 downloads can be altered. In this case, you will get a better listening experience of Spotify music on your device.
How to Use AudFree Spotify Music Converter:
- Open the AudFree Spotify Music Converter app from your computer running macOS or Windows OS.
- Go to the pop-up Spotify app to search for the songs you like to convert. Then drag them to the AudFree program.
- Launch the preferences window on AudFree Spotify Converter. You can get it by choosing the 'Preferences' option after clicking on the menu icon.
- Press the 'Convert' button. And then the AudFree program will start to convert Spotify files. A while later, you can find the local Spotify music via the 'converted' tab.
Supported platform: Windows & Mac
- Download and keep Spotify music as local files forever
- Convert music from Spotify to M4B, WAV, MP3 and so on
- Save original quality of Spotify songs after converting
- Support to enjoy Spotify tracks on any device and platform
- Offer a free trial version but has limits
Top 4. Aimersoft iMusic
Aimersoft iMusic is another best Spotify MP3 downloader for Mac and Windows. But it is well-known as an all-in-one music downloader and manager. It has its own media library, you can discover, listen to, and download the music you like with the help of Aimersoft iMusic. Besides, it supports almost any streaming site like Spotify, YouTube and more.
It's easy to use this best Spotify MP3 software to download Spotify songs to MP3. With the built-in ID3 system, the music quality will be kept well. You can find all the metadata such as artist, and more in the converted Spotify MP3 tracks. This tool can transfer the converted audio files to the destination device within 1 click. It is convenient to play Spotify music on portable devices.
Steps to Use Aimersoft iMusic to Download Music on Spotify:
- Go to Aimersoft iMusic website page to download the program to your computer.
- Open iMusic Spotify Converter and hit the 'Get Music' button at the top bar.
- Choose the 'Discover', 'Download' or 'Record' option you like. Then follow the instructions to get music from Spotify.
- Once downloaded, you can go to the 'Library' to find the Spotify songs. Then you can move them to other devices for playing.
Price: $39.95/1 year
Supported platform: Windows & Mac
- Built-in digital media library, discover and listen to music within 1 click
- Download files from thousands of streaming audio websites
- Transfer the converted Spotify songs between iOS and Android devices
- The output quality is not 100% lossless
- It is not as efficient as professional Spotify to MP3 converter
- It costs $39.95 per year for a single license which is rather expensive
Top 5. Audials Music 2023
Audials Music 2023 is an all-in-one audio recorder program for Windows, which can record audio and convert audio formats with ease. It also serves as a music player that can manage music. With Audials Music 2023, you can record and convert new-released Spotify songs and albums to MP3 at lightning speed in high quality kept. Besides, it features some editing functions. It empowers you to add fading to your Spotify tracks, delete duplicate Spotify playlists, normalize the volume, or just export favorite Spotify audio clips only. What's more, you can record audio from other streaming music websites like Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and more.
How Does Audials Music 2023 Work:
- Open the Audials Music 2023 program and click the 'Music Streaming' option from the left toolbar.
- Hit the Spotify in the streaming column. Then Please select the Spotify app option to record music. In this window, you can also customize the Spotify audio quality.
- Touch the 'Record' button at the bottom and it will start to record the songs while you play Spotify files.
- Once recorded, you can go to the 'My Music' panel to locate Spotify MP3 files.
Supported platform: Windows only
- Capture and download MP3 from Spotify and many other streaming music sites
- Edit and manage Spotify music library better
- Quite difficult to use
- Only support Windows OS
- Output lossy quality
- Require a premium account
Part 3. Best Free Spotify to MP3 Converter - Top 2
The above six tools are all compatible with Windows and Mac computers only and you need to upgrade to their premium version to unlock the conversion length. So, here, we will present two free MP3 converters for Spotify for you. No need to pay any penny, you can also download Spotify MP3 playlists and tracks for offline playback. They also have the advantage of being compatible with Linux systems. Let's move on.
No 1. Audacity
If you use Linux computer, you can use Audacity to perform Spotify audio format conversion. If you usually record audio on your computer, you could be familiar with Audacity, the free open-source audio editor and recorder. As a cross-platform software, it allows users to record and edit a wide variety of audio clips on Windows, macOS, and Linux computers at no cost.
When you play music tapes from Spotify on your computer, this Spotify to MP3 converter for Linux will record and convert them to 256kbps MP3 or CD. After that, you can change the pitch or speed of Spotify MP3 recordings free of cost. By the way, it also can record any sound from the microphone. But for the new beginners who using Audacity, it could be a little difficult to get started with its complicated user interface.
How to Use Audacity to Record Spotify:
- Launch the Audacity program on your PC. Touch on the 'Edit' icon to go to the 'Preferences' page.
- Select 'Device' > 'Host' > 'Windows WASAPI'. Choose the 'Recording' tab and uncheck the 'Software playthrough of input' option.
- Hit the 'Record' icon and begin to play Spotify songs you like. Press on the 'Stop' icon to finish the recording process. Click on the 'File' > 'Export' > 'Export as MP3', then hit 'Save'.
Supported platform: Windows, Mac & Linux
- Free of cost
- Support to edit Spotify audio files
- Record sounds from the microphone
- Output lossy audio quality
- Need a plugin to export recording audio to MP3
- Quite difficult to use for new users
- Can't download albums and playlists
No 2. AlltoMP3
AlltoMP3 is the second free Spotify to MP3 converter we'd like to share with you. It's also compatible with multiple operating systems like Linux, GNU, Windows, and Mac operating systems. By employing effective link identification techniques, it has the ability to download MP3s from not only Spotify but also YouTube, Deezer, and SoundCloud.
The core feature of this product is that it doesn't require a Spotify account but can download and convert Spotify files to MP3 at a faster speed. Although the quality is lossy, it's very easy to operate. To point out that there is no option to customize output audio parameters for special needs.
How to Use AlltoMP3 Free Spotify MP3 Downloader:
- Fire up the AlltoMP3 on your computer running Windows, Mac or Linux OS, and then search and copy the link of Spotify tracks.
- Tap the 'Enter' tab of your keyboard to add Spotify songs and download Spotify tracks to MP3 directly.
Supported platform: Windows, Mac, GUN, Linux
- It's totally free and very easy to use.
- Download songs from Spotify, Deezer, YouTube and SoundCloud
- The Spotify audio quality is low
- No quality editing function
Part 4. Best Spotify Converter for Android and iPhone - Top 4
Is there any Spotify MP3 converter for Android and iOS devices? Yes. In this section, you will get top 4 best music converter app that supports Spotify for mobile devices to unlock Spotify restrictions and download songs, albums and playlists in detail. Without further do, let's dig into it.
Top 1. Fildo
Fildo is a MP3 converter for Spotify app for Android. You can use it to download Spotify MP3 high-quality songs on your mobile phone. Also, it can get music from different sources in one place. But that's to say, it doesn't really download files from Spotify music library, instead, download a song with the same title from other online free repositories. This can cause some Spotify songs to download incorrectly, or some Spotify songs won't download at all. Anyway, it can meet the needs of most people.
How to Use Fildo for Android:
- Go to Fildo official website to get and download the Fildo apk. Launch Fildo on your Android phone once installed.
- Click on 'More' at the bottom. Then choose 'IMPORT SPOTIFY'. Sign in with your Spotify account. Then Fildo will access to Spotify playlist from the library.
- When the Spotify playlist is added, hit on the three dots next to the track. Then you can start to download Spotify to MP3 on Android devices.
Supported platform: Android
- Free and easy to operate
- No need to install the Spotify app
- Support any Spotify contents
- Download Spotify audios to MP3 in high quality on Android
- Not available on Google App Store
- Can't work on iOS devices
- Only output MP3 audio files
- Can't convert MP3 music in batch
Top 2. Deezify
Deezify was the best free Spotify MP3 converter extension for the Chrome browser. It used to work on Mac & Windows & Linux computers. You can use it with Chrome once you install this plugin. It also was a nice Spotify music converter Linux before.
But now, it turns out to be a Spotify to MP3 converter for Android as the desktop version doesn't work anymore. You can get this app in Google Play Store. And you can use it to access to your favorite songs and playlists from different sources in one place for free. Besides, it allows you to upload your local own music to its music library for listening together. But it is not as powerful as the DRmare Spotify Music Converter while converting Spotify playlist to MP3. No option to change audio quality and conversion speed is available.
How to Use Deezify to Convert Spotify to MP3:
- Search and download Deezify for Android on your devices. Open this software and click the 'Search' button to find liked Spotify songs that you'd like to download.
- After that, check the information of Spotify music and then press the 'Download' button to get MP3 tracks on Android devices.
Supported platform: Android
- It's free
- Download Spotify songs at fast speed
- It is still in development and not stable
- Output audio quality is not lossless
Top 3. SpotiFlyer
SpotiFlyer can be used as a multi-platform music downloader. Up to now, it can download songs from YouTube, Gaana, Jio-Saavn, SoundCloud, and Spotify music library. So, you can get help from this MP3 downloader to download all Spotify albums, tracks, and playlists with all ID3 tags in intact without Premium. It works like Fildo. It doesn't have its own music library but search the desired songs from YouTube Music and JioSaavn. So before using this tool, please check whether YouTube Music is available in your country. And be prepared for some songs not to download.
How to Use SpotiFlyer on Android:
- Download, install and open the SpotiFlyer on your Android phone. And then go to the Spotify app.
- Search for the songs you want to download. Then get its link and back to the SpotiFlyer tool.
- Put the Spotify song's link to the search bar on SpotiFlyer. Then click on the 'Download' button to download songs from Spotify to MP3.
Supported platform: Android
- Free of charge
- Download tracks from Spotify
- Require YouTube Music or JioSaavn
- Keep Spotify songs with low audio quality
- Can't work sometimes
Top 4. Spotifydl
The above three mobile solutions are available for Android. How about converting Spotify songs to MP3 on iOS devices? Spotifydl is the best answer. As a shortcut on iOS devices, it could be regarded as a great Spotify media downloader for free. It will download the whole Spotify playlists, albums, songs as MP3 with complete ID3 tags from the YouTube because it uses YouTube as the audio source. The disadvantage of this tool is that it is not easy to install successfully, and sometimes it will suddenly not work properly.
How to Use Spotifydl for iPhone:
- Install the Spotifydl on your iPhone.
- Get the link to Spotify playlist. Then choose the song you want to convert and tap 'OK'.
- Head to 'Files' > 'iCloud Drive' > 'Shortcuts' > 'spotifydl.xyz'. Then you can find the converted Spotify MP3 music.
Supported platform: iOS
- Support iOS devices
- Not stable enough
- Download music from YouTube library not Spotify
Part 5. Spotify to MP3 Converter Free Online -Top 2
All tools we listed above are third-party software, which requires you to install extra apps to your devices for Spotify MP3 downloads. What if you are unwilled to do that? A free online Spotify to MP3 converter will help you get rid of this dilemma. So, the top three best online freeware will be introduced below.
MP3fy is an online website for downloading music. It can download music from Spotify, Vimeo and more into MP3 files for free.
Top 1. Soundloaders Spotify Downloader [New]
Soundloaders is a new online tool released currently. It serves as a music downloader for Spotify, YouTube Music, Napster, SoundCloud, Deezer, and Apple Music. Each downloader has an exclusive online page to download music from corresponding streaming music platforms and introduces the key features and user guide of this music downloader.
It claims that Soundloaders Spotify Downloader is 100% free, fast and secured to download Spotify tracks to MP3 in 320 kbps best quality with all the metadata saved. But sometimes, it will download wrong Spotify music or just fail to retrieve and download the Spotify song you want. Also it's also worth mentioning that it can't support adding and downloading Spotify playlists and albums but single Spotify tracks.
How to Use Soundloaders Spotify Downloader
- Access this free Spotify MP3 downloader online website and then search the Spotify music that you'd like to convert to MP3 in Spotify Web Player.
- Click the item to click 'three dots' >'Share' > 'Copy Spotify URI' to copy Spotify link.
- Now, paste the copied Spotify URL to the address box of Soundloaders Spotify Downloader and hit on the 'Search' button.
- When the song info shows, you can press the 'Download song' tab to download Spotify tracks to MP3 locally.
Supported platform: Online
- It's easy to convert Spotify music to MP3 for free online
- The conversion process is unstable. Sometimes, it exports the wrong songs
- Not any Spotify songs are available for download
- Need to convert Spotify tracks one by one
No 2. Spotify-Downloader [New]
As the name suggests, Spotify-Downloader serves as a brilliant Spotify to MP3 downloader to download individual tracks, entire playlists and albums to MP3 online. Apart from MP3, it also supports exporting ZIP format for all downloaded files with cover image, artists, year, and other metadata kept. But Spotify podcast and shows are still not available to download yet. The only drawback of this online free tool is the website has many Spam ads. When you use it, please be careful of them.
How to Use Spotify-Downloader to Convert Spotify Online
Step 1. Navigate to your web browser and go to Spotify-Downloader website. Now, you can open the Spotify Web Player to get Spotify link copied.
Step 2. Paste it to the text address bar and hit on the 'Submit' button to load them automatically.
Step 3. After that, please click the 'Download' > 'Save' button to save Spotify MP3 tracks to your computer online.
Supported platform: Online
- Support Spotify playlists, albums, and songs online
- It might occur some technical issues
- The output audio quality is not ideal
- It doesn't support podcasts and shows
Part 6. Not Working Spotify MP3 Downloaders (Don't Waste Time)
Spotify Deezer Music Downloader
Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader is the most famous Spotify to MP3 converter Chrome extensions. It is only compatible with the Google Chrome browser. So, you could find this extension from Chrome Web Store and add it to your web browser. Users can search and download Spotify songs from its online MP3 libraries or download Spotify link to MP3 with ease. But now, you can find a website to download this online extension anymore.
Spotiload Spotify VK Downloader
Spotiload is also known as Spotify VK Downloader. It is another extension for the Chrome browser. This excellent Spotify to MP3 converter free works as well as Spotify Deezer Music Downloader. But it has a different implementation way while converting Spotify songs to MP3 free. It is bundled with VK.COM. You don't download music from Spotify Web Player but from the VK website music library. Currently, it's not available.
Playlist-converter.net is a free and online audio playlist converter. You can convert audio files between couples of music services and file formats. Spotify is one of them. That's to say, it's not only a free but also an online Spotify converter. It helps a lot if you want to share your Spotify playlist with your friends. But the drawback is that it does not yet have an MP3 export option. Now, playlist converter is currently off.
Part 7. How to Choose Spotify to MP3 Converter and Which Is the Best?
Before choosing the best Spotify to MP3 converter, we need to know how to choose it. In fact, you can evaluate them from sound quality, audio format, conversion speed and costs. Below you can check the details.
* Output Audio Quality
The higher the output quality, the better listening experience you will get. DRmare Spotify Music Converter will be the best tool in the aspect of exporting lossless tracks. It can not only maintain the lossless sound quality of 320 kbps Spotify songs but also adjust the audio parameters.
* Output Audio Format
The more output formats supported, the more devices Spotify can play. Almost all programs can support MP3, which has the high compatibility. To get more audio formats, you can choose from DRmare Spotify Music Converter and DRmare Audio Capture.
* Conversion Speed
The faster the conversion speed, the less time you will spend in converting Spotify albums and playlists to MP3. To save lots of your time, Spotify music converters developed from DRmare Software, AudFree Software, and AudFun Software are all wonderful options.
The last aspect is the price of the tool. If you can't afford the fee, you can choose the free tools above. But please keep in mind that the output quality is lossy.
Part 8. The Verdict
Now you can select one from the top 14 Spotify to MP3 converter above to extract Spotify MP3 files. They are paid, free, and online tools on Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and Linux devices. With them, you can convert and store Spotify MP3 music on your device forever for offline listening
Obviously, DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the throne winner of this top list with the features of lossless output quality and converting efficiency. Other products on the list have more or fewer disadvantages. But they do offer extra wonderful features like recording audios from many streaming music sources. If you have enough time, it is not a bad idea to try other tools one by one.