"Is there a best way to convert iTunes M4V movies and TV shows to DivX format? I have many DivX certified mobile devices and TV shows and I really hope to find a way to transcode iTunes videos. Thanks very much." - post by Kendall Garcia from a video forum
DivX represents a brand of video codec products such as the DivX codec, DivX Player, DivX Converter and the DivX Media Format (DMF) etc. DivX video is based on the original MPEG4 to develop with much higher compression rate while keeping the same high quality. Generally the size of a DIVX video is only 10% of the same video with MPEG2 codec. So if you have tons of large iTunes videos, it is advisable to convert iTunes M4V to DivX, please just read on to find out the details.
View also: Play iTunes M4V Movies on VLC
Part 1. Best Tool to Encode M4V to DivX
When it comes to converting M4V to DivX, the most important thing you need to do is find an excellent video converter. But as iTunes videos all come with DRM protected copy protection, so a common video converter won't work. You have to get an specific iTunes M4V to DivX computer, which can help you strip out the FairPlay DRM as well as converting the M4V format to DivX at the same time. There are a number of such DRM software which are available in the market. Here I will pick one most popular software DRmare M4V to DivX Converter. It comes with an easy and clean interface. But please don't let the simple appearance fool you. This converter is well-known for its powerful features and high performance, which supports to convert iTunes movies to kinds of new formats at a 30X faster speed. Besides, the output file is made with 1:1 copying, so the high quality will still be kept. Last but not least is that the customer service is very responsive and you can get fast help any time.
View also: Great iTunes DRM Removal Tools
DRmare iTunes M4V to DivX Video Converter
Part 2. Easy Guide to Convert iTunes M4V to DivX
DRmare M4V to DivX Converter offers the free trial version, you can simply download it from the link above to evaluate if it is a right video converting tool for you. It is easy enough for everyone to use. Here I will illustrate how does it work in 3 steps.
- Step 1Add DRM encrypted iTunes videos
- DRmare M4V to DivX Converter offer 2 common ways to load digital media files. You can click 'Add Files' button from the bottom left of the software. Then you will see all the DRM videos which are in your iTunes library and you can select the files you want to convert and press 'Add'. The other way to load the videos is to drag&drop the files from iTunes library directly.
- Step 2Specify the output format as DivX
- DRmare software set the output format as MP4 by default. If you want to convert to DivX output videos, you just need to click the format selection droplist at the bottom of the software screen > Go to the 'General Video' Tab > Choose DivX format. Also, you can customize other settings such as the subtitles, tracks, bit rate, frame rate, resolution and so on.
- Step 3Start to convert iTunes videos to MP4
- After customizing the settings, you can click the 'Convert' button, DRmare M4V Converter will start to remove DRM from your iTunes M4V videos as well as converting the the M4V format to the new format DivX you selected simultaneously. Rest assured, the process is very fast as DRmare software supports the bulk converting feature. Even for multiple videos, it can complete the converting within a relatively short time.
Part 3. Top 3 DivX Video Players
Now you have already converted the iTunes M4V to DivX movies, you can transfer them to your computers, mobile phones or TV devices to watch. The converted DivX videos are played perfectly on multiple video players. Following are the top 3 players for DivX videos recommended.
DivX Player. This is the official video player released by DivX company and It takes advantage of the original DivX codec decode and play the DivX Media Format (DMF) of files in a easy way. Furthermore, it supports to run on Windows, mobile, Mac computers.
VLC Player. It is an exquisite video player which comes with almost all the codec to play common video and audio files from multiple sources including DivX files. You don't need to install any extra codecs, just drag your DivX videos into it, the videos will be played well.
Window Media Player. This player is special for playing Windows media files such as WMV, AVI, WMA, WAV and so on. It supports to search and combine multiple video codec online, so technically all kinds of videos are supported. If there is not a DivX codec, it will prompt you to download the codec automatically.