How to Convert iTunes M4V to OGV Format
OGV is a video format which is used for HTML5 page. It is a free lossy video compression format developed by Xiph.org and is linked with OGG Vorbis format. The OGV file contains video streams that may use different codecs, like Dirac, Daala or Theora. And the OGV files can be compatible with a variety of media players.
M4V is a video container that saves video and audio data for iTunes files. Besides, those files are with Apple FairPlay DRM protection which can't be used on other devices or platforms outsides iTunes.
Therefore, if you want to use your iTunes movies to a HTML5 page, then you should check out this post. Here we are going to show you how to convert iTunes M4V to OGV for using on HTML 5 page in details. Please follow the steps below to learn how to do.
Part 1. Convert M4V to OGV by DRmare M4V to OGV Converter
Since iTunes M4V videos are with DRM protection, then here we need to remove DRM from iTunes movies first and then convert them to OGV files. Nowadays, there are lots of tools that can rip DRM from iTunes movies for you offline and online. However, among those tools, only one tool is the best choice for you. Which one?
This tool is DRmare iTunes M4V to OGV Converter, which is a smart tool that can not only get rid of the protection from iTunes but also can convert iTunes M4V to OGV format with original quality.
In addition, it supports to convert iTunes movies to other plain video and audio formats in a faster speed. You can import multiple video files at a time in it for converting. And you are allowed to edit the iTunes videos by trimming, adding subtitle, adding watermark, etc. according to your special needs.
After the converting with DRmare program, then you can get iTunes M4V to OGV file with ease. Then you can embed them to HTML5 page without any restriction. Also, you can play those OGV files on other platforms that it supported.
Part 2. Complete Steps to Convert M4V to OGV
The DRmare program provides the free trial version for users, so you can install it to your computer to test its preference and convert iTunes M4V to OGV file. Below are the steps for you to follow. Just get started.
Please note that the iTunes movies needed to download in iTunes in advance before using DRmare program.
- Step 1 Add iTunes M4V videos to DRmare
- Open the installed DRmare M4V Converter on your computer. Then move your mouse to the bottom left corner and click the 'Add Files' button. Then you will see your iTunes library. Next, please choose the iTunes movies you like to convert to OGV file and add them to DRmare program.
- Step 2Set M4V as OGV format
- Please hit on the 'format' icon from the bottom right and it will open a new window. Then you can choose the output video format as OGV for iTunes M4V movies. Also, you can customize the video parameters as you want via the 'gear' icon.
- Step 3Convert DRM iTunes M4V to OGV
- Now tap on the 'Convert' button and the conversion process will start. You will see the real-time conversion process of iTunes M4V to OGV in the window. When all the movies have been converted completely, then you will get them on your computer. You could go to the 'Converted' button to find and check the converted iTunes movie files at the target folder on your computer.
- After then, you can embed the OGV files to HTML5 page or play them on the web browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
Extra Tips: Fix OGV Files Can't Be Opened Issue
If you meet the issue that can't open the OGV files, then you could check the solutions below to see how to make it work.
Method 1: Use Other Programs
If you can't open your OGV files by double-clicking, then you could try to open it with another program. There are some programs like Ogg Vorbis Video Profile, etc. that can open the OGV files. You could go to their websites to download one of them and then try to open your OGV file again.
Method 2: Get a Clue from the File Type
Most OGV files are categorized as Video Files, which can be supported by lots of software packages. Please check whether you got a program installed on your computer that works with Video Files. Maybe it will help you open the OGV files.
Note: To check which type of your OGV file is, you could right-click the file icon and choose 'Properties' or 'More Info'. On Windows computer, please find it out under the 'Type of File', while on Mac computer, it will be under the 'Kind'.
Method 3: Contact the Developer
If you still can't open your OGV files via any of the usual software such as Ogg Vorbis Video Profile, you could contact the program's developer and ask them for help.
Method 4: Use the Universal File Viewer
You could try to use the universal file viewers like File Magic. It can open many kinds of files. But there still some files can't be supported by the universal viewers and can be only opened in binary format.