What makes iTunes videos fantastic is that they not only have best visual effects but also have great audio tracks together with them especially the 5.1 AC3 audio track. iTunes users tend to buy the videos with Dolby audio effect much more compared to other kinds of videos. This Dolby surround stereo audio track can bring great enjoyment when watching on wide-screen TVs.
However, due to the FairPlay of iTunes DRM limitations, people currently can only play iTunes movies on Apple devices such as Mac computers etc. It is not possible to enjoy them directly on other non-Apple devices such as wide screen TVs and users can't take advantage of the 5.1 audio track.
If you are also having this same problem and looking for ways to solve this issue, you can continue to read on. I will show you a best way to remove DRM copy protection from iTunes videos while keeping the Dolby stereo AC3 audio track so that to play the iTunes videos on any devices including TVs.
View also: Keep Chapters When Converting Audiobooks
Part 1. Solution to Keep AC3 5.1 Audio While Converting iTunes M4V Videos
First and foremost, we have to get a DRM Converter to help to convert iTunes videos to play on TVs. If you are new to the DRM converting software, you may have no idea what software can help you best. Usually there are multiple DRM removal software in world that boast that they can remove DRM quickly and losslessly.
However, the truth is that there most of them still using the old video recording method to break the DRM. Though we may not find out the visual difference after converting by eye, some of the video metadata especially the audio tracks and subtitles maybe changed. Take the 5.1 Dolby stereo audio for example, you may loss the Dolby effect after converting and you won't have a good experience to enjoy the iTunes videos.
To prevent you from this problem, you'd better take some time to try and determine which one is the best DRM converter for you. Here I will recommend you to try a dedicated iTunes converter DRmare M4V Converter for Windows/Mac.
It can access the iTunes to crack the DRM protection directly by using the similar iTunes DRM authorization mechanism and decrypt the DRM info directly instead of recording the videos to new ones. The quality of the video including the 5.1 audio tracks and subtitle etc. can be kept 100%. It comes with a trial version which has all the features of the paid version except there is a length limitation on the output files, you can download it to have a try simply.
DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter
Part 2. Steps to Remove DRM from iTunes Videos While Retaining AC3 5.1 Audio
Now after finding a right lossless DRM removal tool, you can start to use it to help you get rid of the DRM copy protection while keeping 5.1 AC3 audio track. The instruction is pretty easy. But please remember that the AC3 Dolby audio track can be retained 100% without transcoding if you choose the right output format as the lossless formats such as MP4(Lossless) or M4V(LossLess).
- Step 1 Import iTunes DRM M4V Movie
- It offers 2 ways to load your iTunes videos to the software. The first method is to drag and drop DRM M4V files with 5.1 Dolby stereo audio to the right area on the DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter directly. The other method is to navigate to the bottom of the software screen and press '+' button. It will pop up a window with a list of the iTunes purchased and rental videos, please choose the ones you want to load to the software.
- Step 2Select the 5.1 AC3 Audio Track you want to keep
- As mentioned above, you'd better choose the output format as MP4(Lossless) or M4V(Lossless) to make sure there is no quality lose. Also, for some videos which have multiple audio tracks, you can also customize the output audio as 5.1 AC3 only. By the way, you may do some settings on the subtitles too.
- Step 3Remove DRM from iTunes movies
- You can slightly press the conversion button at the lower right, then the software will start to convert all the videos in batch. When it is complete, you will get all the lossless videos with 5.1 AC3 audio tracks without any DRM restrictions. You just need to transfer them to your TV via USB to enjoy.
Part 3. More Tips: What Is Dolby 5.1 AC3 Audio Track
AC3 audio is also known as Dolby surround digital audio or 5.1 Dolby stereo audio. It was first developed in 1976. The Dolby AC3 surround sound system consists of five full-range channels and one subwoofer channel, known as 5.1 channel. By creating such 5 channels from different angles and the bass channel, it can offer much better sound effects on scenes like exploding, impact etc.
The first use of Dolby Digital was to provide digital sound in cinemas from 35mm film prints. Nowadays it is used widely in radio broadcast, TV, DVD, Blueray and game and commercial cinemas etc. or home theatres. With this Dolby stereo audio, you can get the same enjoyment similar to cinema to watch videos on TVs at home.