Listening to audiobooks is an increasingly popular way of reading these days. As the world's largest audiobook seller, Audible is the number one choice for people to listen to audiobooks. Do you know that Audible has a web player called the Audible Cloud Player? What is it and how to use it? This detailed overview will help you know everything you ever wanted to know.
Part 1. What Is the Audible Cloud Player
Audible Cloud Player (also called Audible Web Player) is Audible's official web player that lets you stream audiobooks online. It is available for Windows and Mac computers. No need to download any apps or connect to any devices. All you need is an internet connection and a web browser. Audible Web Player is free to you whether you're an Audible Plus subscriber or not.
- Easy to use, even for beginners
- Any type of Windows or Mac computer can access it
- Synchronize heard position on all devices
- Switch or change chapters flexibly
- Able to add bookmarks
- Requires a stable internet connection
- Not available for mobile devices
- Can only skip back and forth for 30 seconds
Part 2. How to Get Audible Cloud Player
How do I get Audible Cloud Player? There is no need to download Audible Cloud Player and you can directly access it from your computer's web browser.
To use Audible Web Player, you need:
- A Windows or Mac computer
- A compatible web browser including Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge
After the preparation, let's see how to listen to Audible books online with the Audible Web Player.
Way 1. from Audible Website
Step 1. On your computer, navigate to audible.com and log in to your account.
Step 2. Click on 'Library' from the menu at the top.
Step 3. Click on the 'Listen now' button next to an audiobook to start listening to it.
Way 2. from Amazon Website
Step 1. Visit the 'Manage Your Content and Devices' page of Amazon and log in to your account.
Step 2. Click on 'Content' and select 'Audiobooks' under the 'Show' tab.
Step 3. Start playing an Audible audiobook by clicking 'Play'.
Part 3. How to Fix Audible Cloud Player Not Working
Many users are complaining that the Audible Web Player not working when they click to play a book. If your Cloud Player Audible won't load, try the below solutions.
- Update your browser to the latest version
- Clear your browser history
- Check your Internet connection
- Check if the problem is with a specific audiobook
- Use another web browser
- Use Audible Cloud Player in incognito mode
Is your problem solved? If yes, you can use DRmare Audible Converter to download and backup your Audible audiobooks. This prevents any accidents from happening and you can listen to your audiobooks anytime, anywhere.
The principle of this smart software is to convert Audible AA/AAX books to MP3, FLAC, AAC and more plain files. With super-fast 30X speed, you can get lossless Audible files in no time. You can then listen to the audiobook on any unauthorized device.
DRmare Audio Converter
How to Download and Backup Audible Books
Please first click on the 'Download' button above to install the DRmare Audio Converter on your computer. Then we will guide you on how to use it.
- Step 1Add Audible books to DRmare software
- Please first download the books you want to backup in advance. Then you can click on the 'add files' button at the bottom left to load Audible files to the DRmare Audible Converter.
- Step 2Alter Audible output parameters
- Click on the 'audio' icon at the bottom-right corner and you can start changing the output parameters of your added Audible books. You can alter the output format, codec, channel, and so on. Remember to click on 'OK' after the settings.
- Step 3Convert and backup Audible books
- Click on the 'Convert' icon to start downloading all your added Audible books. After that, you can click 'Converted' to find the plain files of Audible books. You can listen to them anytime and anywhere.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Audible Cloud Player is a great way to stream Audible audiobooks without installing additional apps. However, it sometimes runs into issues. Therefore, it is better to backup your favorite audiobooks so that you can listen to them without any problem. With DRmare Audible Converter, you can convert Audible books to MP3, then you can listen to them on any device even if your subscription expires.