Audible is an Amazon-based application that is available on both Android and iOS devices. You can install the Audible for Android app on your device directly from the Google Play Store. The Audible Android app allows you to access over 180,000 audiobooks. You can listen to your favorite audiobooks and share Audible with your family or friends.
In addition, you can download these audiobooks for offline listening. Today, we will show you how to download Audible books to Android phones and other Android devices. You can also get a way to enjoy Audible audiobooks on any device.
Part 1. How to Get Audible Books on Android via the Audible App
The Audible app allows you to listen to audiobooks online and offline. Once you purchased them, you can download for offline playback. First, make sure you have installed the latest version of Audible on your Android device. To download the Audible app for Android, follow the steps below.
1.1 How to Install the Audible for Android App
Step 1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Step 2. Search for 'Audible' in the search bar at the top.
Step 3. Once found, tap on 'Audiobooks from Audible'.
Step 4. Choose the 'Install' button to download Audible app for Android.
After that, you can download your purchased books from the Audible app. Or, you can subscribe to Audible Premium and download your desired audiobooks.
1.2 How to Download Audible Books on Android Phone
Step 1. Open Audible and log in to your Amazon account.
Step 2. Tap on the 'three-line menu' icon at the top left and then choose 'Library' > 'Cloud'.
Step 3. Find the book you want to listen to and tap on its title.
Step 4. Tap on the 'book cover' to start downloading the book to your Android device. Or you can tap on the 'three-dot' icon on the book title and choose 'Download'.
Part 2. How to Download Audible Books to Android Phone/Tablet Locally
It's easy to download books from Audible to your Android device. However, all Audible audiobooks are encrypted in AA/AAX format. This doesn't allow you to listen to them on unauthorized devices. So, if your Android device doesn't support the Audible app, you cannot enjoy your desired audiobooks.
So, we are here to provide you with a more effective way to download Audible books to Android devices. That is you can use DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter to convert and download Audible books locally. It is a professional tool that allows you to save Audible audiobooks to plain audio formats including MP3, FLAC, and so on.
The original sound quality and all the ID3 tags will be 100% kept. So, you can use it to enjoy Audible audiobooks offline on any device without using network data.
DRmare Audible Audiobooks Converter
Once installed the DRmare Audible Converter, you can learn how to convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 for playing offline on any Android device.
- Step 1Load Audible books into DRmare Audio Converter
- Make sure you've installed iTunes on your computer also. Then launch DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter and click on the 'Add' button. It will let you import Audible files from iTunes.
- Step 2Choose output format for Audible books
- Click the 'Format' button at the bottom-right corner to launch the output settings window. Then you can personalize your audiobooks in aspects of output format, channel, sample rate, and so on.
- Step 3Download Audible books for Android
- Hit on the 'Convert' button at the main interface and it will start the conversion process. When it's completed, click on 'history' to find the plain Audible files. You can then listen to Audible offline on your PC. And you're ready to transfer them to any of your Android devices for offline playback.
- Step 4Move Audible books to Android device
- Use a USB cable to link your computer to your Android device. Then locate the converted Audible files on your computer. Drag and drop them to your Android's local folder. After that, you can listen to the downloaded audiobooks on Android with any music player.
Part 3. FAQs about Audible for Android
Q1: What Is Audible for Android?
A: It is an official Audible app for Android that allows you to stream Audible audiobooks online and offline.
Q2: Why Does Audible Keep Stopping Android?
A: If your Audible app keeps stopping on Android, it's likely that you don't have enough storage space on your device. Or, there is an error with the Audible app or your Android system. So, you can try to reinstall the Audible app on Android device. Also, update your operating system. You can also clear the storage space on your device to fix the Audible app crashing/stopping issue.
Q3: Where Are Audible Books Stored on Android?
A: If you have downloaded books from Audible, you can find them in: Files\Internal storage\Android\data\com.Audible.application\files.
Q4: Can I Download Audible Audiobooks on My Android Tablet?
A: Yes. If your Android tablet is compatible with the Audible app, you can directly save Audible files by downloading them. If not, you can use DRmare Audible Audiobooks Converter to download Audible books. This tool allows you to convert Audible audiobooks to plain audio files so that you can transfer them to any other device for listening.