"Is there a way to help me sync my Audible books to my iTunes and iPhone? I want to listen to Audible audiobooks on iTunes on my PC when I am at home. And while I am outside, I would like to enjoy the Audible books on iTunes with my phone." - Amelia Evans.
The answer is positive. When it comes to iTunes, it not only allows Apple devices' users to buy media content. It also has powerful audio and video playback features. It enables users to select the chapters and remember your last playback progress. Here in this post, we will show you how to transfer Audible books to iTunes for playing step-by-step.
Part 1. How to Download Audible Books to iTunes on Mac
iTunes is the unique official player for Audible on Mac. So, the process to add Audible to iTunes is fairly intuitive. You can download and add Audible books to iTunes from Audible website or Audible app on Mac directly.
Step 1. Go to Audible site and sign in with your Audible account. Then find the audiobook you want to download.
Step 2. Click 'Download' button, you will receive a pop-up message asking you to "Authorize the computer".
Step 3. Click 'Yes' and then input the account email and password to authorize it.
Step 4. Your audiobook will start downloading. When it is done, you can find it from the iTunes library and open it on iTunes.
Part 2. How to Transfer Audible Books to iTunes on Windows PC
On a Windows PC, you have to install the Audible Download Manager or the Audiobooks from Audible app. Then download and import Audible to iTunes. Now, let's check how to do that.
Method 1. Use the Audiobooks from Audible App
There is an app named 'Audiobooks from Audible' for Windows users. You can get it from Microsoft Store on your computer. This program is able to download and enjoy audiobooks on Apple devices. Besides, it can also let you transfer Audible books to iTunes. To do that, you can sync Audible with Apple devices and listen to them via the Books app.
Now, let's move on and see how to use the Audiobooks from Audible app to get Audible download to iTunes.
Step 1. Download and install the Audiobooks from Audible app on your Windows computer. And then download the audiobooks that you like to add to iTunes.
Step 2. Launch the Audible app on your computer.
Step 3. Hit on 'Library' from the left side and you will see all your audiobooks are on the right window.
Step 4. Choose the audiobooks you want to move to iTunes and touch on the 'three ellipse' icon next to the book.
Step 5. Select 'import into iTunes' from the drop-down list.
Note: You need to activate iTunes if it is your first time to use this feature.
Step 6. Touch on the 'OK' at the pop-up box and enter your iTunes account info to log in. Then your iTunes will be connected with your Audible account. And then, you can see the Audible books are imported successfully into your iTunes.
Method 2. Use the Audible Download Manager
Step 1. Download and install the Audible Download Manager on your computer.
Step 2. Click "General Settings" option. And then make sure iTunes is selected under the menu "After download import files to".
Step 3. Sign in the Audible website. Then find the audiobook you want to download from the library, then click "Download" button.
Step 4. A window will pop up on the Audible Download Manager asking you to authorize the computer. Please click "OK".
Step 5. Then your audiobooks will be downloaded and added to iTunes library.
However, sometimes the files may not be imported successfully if some exceptions happened. If so, you may try to transfer Audible books to iTunes manually.
Extra Tip: Import Audible to iTunes manually
Step 1. Launch iTunes, click 'File' > 'Add File to Library'.
Step 2. Browse to the folder of your downloaded books.
Note: Your Audible files may be kept in either of these locations.
1. Windows 7/8/Vista - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Audible\Downloads
2. Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Audible\Downloads
Step 3. Highlight your audiobooks and click 'Open', then the files will be imported immediately.
Step 4. You can find your Audible audiobooks in iTunes by hitting the 'Book' icon > 'My audiobooks'.
Part 3. Import Audible Books into iTunes without Account
Have downloaded plenty of Audible files but unfortunately forgot/lost the account? Or you receive many files from your friends of who you don't have access to the account? What can you do? Due to the FairPlay DRM protection, you need to authorize the device first.
In fact, it is not an easy job to bypass DRM protection especially if you don't have the Audible account. Luckily, I found the DRmare Audio Converter finally. It is a really lossless converter, which can rip DRM from Audible audiobooks.
You can convert any Audible books without any hassles. The converting speed is faster while keeping original chapter, ID 3 tags and so on. And you can edit your Audible audio files by chapters, etc. as you want.
Want to find out how does it perform? Simply click the 'Download' button above immediately. Then follow the simple steps as below to make it.
- Step 1Import downloaded Audible books to DRmare
- Open DRmare Audio Converter and click the "Add Files" button at the bottom left of the main interface. Then you can choose your downloaded Audible audiobooks to add to DRmare program.
- Step 2Choose output format for Audible books
- Click the "Format" option to open the format setting window. Then choose one format you like as the output format. Besides, the DRmare program supports cutting and trimming your audiobooks via chapters, etc.
- Step 3Rip DRM and convert Audible books
- Hit on the "Convert" button at the bottom right from DRmare program. Then you will get the DRM-free Audible audiobooks on your computer. You could find them via the 'Converted' button on DRmare main window. After then, you can directly transfer Audible books to iTunes and other platforms for listening.
Part 4. Play Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks on iTunes
To do that, you just need to go to the "Audiobook" section of iTunes to find your books. And double click the imported AA/AAX file to start playing. Following are the tips to enhance the listening experience.
1. You can click the 'Chapters' to select the chapter you want instead of playing from the beginning.
2. If you want to listen to many audiobooks continually, you can simply change the playback mode as "loop". Or right click on the files and choose "Add to Playlist" to generate a new playlist.
3. To fast forward or backward, you can click playback control buttons.