Play iTunes Movies on NOW TV Smart Box / Stick
Q: Can I stream iTunes movies to NOW TV Smart Box for playing them on my smart TV? I have purchased and rented a wide variety of movies from the iTunes Store, including 4K videos. But I can't make it possible to watch iTunes videos on NOW TV like YouTube and Netflix videos.
As the cheapest streaming box in the market without a contract, NOW TV comes with NOW TV Smart Box and NOW TV Smart Stick. Based on the 2017 Roku Streaming Stick, NOW TV Smart Stick is able to plug it into any display with an HDMI port. While NOW TV Smart Box (based on the Roku Premiere+) is capable of playing 4K videos through Netflix and YouTube. Both of them support voice search and Wi-Fi Direct remote control.
With the NOW TV Smart Box or the NOW TV Smart Stick, you have the ability to enjoy videos from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Deman5, UKTV Play, All4, etc. alongside NOW TV content. Unfortunately, there is no soup for iTunes movies and TV shows.
If you'd like to play iTunes movies on NOW TV streaming box, you have to find another way. To get rid of the unnecessary hassle, here, we will introduce an effective workaround to help you watch iTunes movies on NOW TV Smart Box and NOW TV Smart Stick.
Part 1. How to Watch iTunes Movies on NOW TV
Although there is no built-in iTunes app on the NOW TV Box or NOW TV Smart Stick, we can use iPhone to cast iTunes movies and TV shows to the smart TV via the NOW TV. Alternatively, you can transfer iTunes videos to USB stick. And then you can plug a USB flash drive into the USB port of your NOW TV box, install a media player on your NOW TV box to play local iTunes files.
No matter which way you choose to sync iTunes movies to NOW TV, it's worth pointing out that iTunes purchases and rentals are protected by digital rights management. All files can't be recognized by unauthorized non-Apple devices, such as USB stick, NOW TV, etc. To kill this limitation, you need to use an all-mighty iTunes video converter to convert protection iTunes movies to plain video formats.
Here, we can meet DRmare M4V Converter for Windows, which is well-designed for all kinds of iTunes content, like iTunes movies, TV shows, iTunes Extras, and so on. It can convert iTunes movies to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, and other common video files with all subtitles and AC3 5.1 Dolby audio track. In addition, you can add effects and edit rented and purchased iTunes files as you like.
DRmare iTunes to NOW TV Converter
- Support converting purchased or rented iTunes movies, TV shows, etc.
- Unlock the limitations of iTunes files with the latest video decryption technology
- Convert iTunes movies to NOW TV supported files and other popular formats
- Convert iTunes moves and TV shows at 20X faster speed losslessly
Part 2. Steps to Convert iTunes Movie for NOW TV Smart Box / Stick
DRmare M4V Converter is easy to operate even for the newbie. The following is the detailed tutorial on how to use it to convert iTunes movies for playing on NOW TV Smart Box and NOW TV Smart Stick.
- Step 1Start the software and add iTunes videos
- Double-click the software icon to open the DRmare M4V Converter, and you will see the iTunes app will be launched at the same time. And then you can click the second 'Add Files' button to add iTunes files. Or you can drag and drop iTunes files to the main conversion window.
- Tips: Apart from Nexflix and YouTube videos, other movies on the NOW TV 4K Smart Box is capped at 720p or 1080p. So there is no need to download iTunes 4K movies but download 1080p iTunes movies.
- Step 2Define output format for NOW TV
- To adjust the output parameters, please hit on the "Format" button next to the 'Convert' button. Click the "General Video" option, you will see there are lots of video formats you can set as output format. With the high compatibility, MP4 is recommended to set as output one so that you can not only play them via NOW TV Smart Box or Stick but also on all other popular devices. Besides, you can click the 'gear icon' to customize bit rate, frame rate, etc.
- Step 3Convert iTunes videos for NOW TV
- When all settings are done, you can simply press the 'Convert button to start the iTunes converting process. It will convert added iTunes files at 20X faster speed. After conversion, you can locate common iTunes movies by clicking the 'history' icon at the bottom-right corner.
Part 3. Play iTunes Videos on NOW TV Smart Box / Stick
You can directly transfer converted iTunes movies to the USB flash drive and then play them on NOW TV Smart Box or NOW TV Smart Stick. It's very easy so we won't explain here. Here, we will show you how to cast iTunes movies to smart TV using the iPhone and NOW TV. Before getting started, please make sure you have synced iTunes movies to your iPhone in advance.
1. Install and launch the NOW TV app on your iPhone and select the 'NOW TV device' icon. Please make sure your NOW TV set-up box and your iPhone are under the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Find and select the 'NOW TV Box' or 'NOW TV Smart Stick' title that you'd like to connect to.
3. You can start to discover iTunes movies that you'd like to watch on NOW TV and then click the 'Watch on TV'.
Now, you can play iTunes movies on your big screen via the NOW TV Box or Stick, even using iPhone as a remote to control the iTunes playback.