As we talked about editing iTunes movies with iMovie on Mac a while ago, many Windows users are asking for the complete guide on Windows version. Here we go. In this article, we'll show you the steps to easily bypass DRM lock from iTunes videos so that you can freely edit your iTunes movies or TV shows with Windows Movie Maker.
- Part 1. Why Can't We Edit iTunes Movies with Windows Movie Maker
- Part 2. DRmare M4V Converter - iTunes DRM Removal Solution
- Part 3. How to Convert iTunes Movies to Windows Movie Maker for Editing
Part 1. iTunes Movies & Window Movie Maker: What You Should Know
As a free video editing software developed by Microsoft as part of its Windows Essentials suite, Windows Movie Maker, or Windows Live Movie Maker, supports a large variety of titles, effects and transitions, which made it a great tool to create and edit videos and slide shows. Although it supports a number of video sources and formats, it lacks the support for iTunes video files. Why?
It's simply because of the DRM protection. Created by Apple, the DRM technology is used to protect copyright of the media content sold in iTunes store. In result, the iTunes movies and TV shows are encoded in protected MP4 format, known as M4V, which is only supported by iTunes and approved Apple's devices. Windows Movie Maker or other non-approved devices are not allowed to open and play those files at all. That's why we can't import iTunes movies or TV episodes to Windows Movie Maker as easily as we do with other common video files.
Part 2. Best Solution to Unlock DRM from iTunes Movies/TV Shows
Don't be upset, though. If you want to open iTunes videos with Windows Movie Maker, you can seek for help from some third-party iTunes DRM removal tools, such as DRmare M4V Converter for Windows. It's one of the best and fastest iTunes video converter software specialized in cracking DRM off from iTunes purchased and rented movies, TV shows, iTunes Extras and music videos while converting the protected M4V format to common MP4, M4V without encoding and quality loss. It also supports other popular output media formats and devices, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV, MPEG, etc for playback on Android, Windows phones, tablets, game consoles, etc. Under the assistance of DRmare iTunes M4V Converter, you can easily convert any iTunes video from M4V to Windows Movie Maker compatible formats so that you can edit the file without limit.
DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter
Part 3. How to Convert iTunes M4V Videos to Windows Movie Maker
Please download the free version of DRmare DRM M4V Converter and follow the guide below to begin converting iTunes M4V videos to Windows Movie Maker.
- Step 1Add iTunes M4V Movies, TV Shows
- Once you launch DRmare M4V Converter, simply add your iTunes movies or TV shows to the program conversion window by directly dragging the videos from your iTunes Media folder on your computer. Or you can click the 'Add' button at the bottom left and choose the target movies from the drop-down iTunes list.
- Step 2Set Output Profile for iMovie
- When you successfully loaded those iTunes M4V files to DRmare, please click Format option and choose the output format for Windows Movie Maker, such as MP4, a universal video container supported by almost all media editors and players. You can also click the gear icon in the format list and customize the video parameters, like codec, bit rate, size, as you want.
- Step 3Start to Convert iTunes M4V to Windows Movie Maker
- Now you can begin to convert the iTunes DRM M4V videos to Windows Movie Maker supported formats by simply clicking 'Convert' button. After conversion, you'll find the converted iTunes movies will be easily added to your Windows Movie Maker for editing.
Video Demo: How to Add iTunes Videos to Windows Movie Maker for Editing
The following is the video guide of editing iTunes DRM movies with Windows Movie Maker step by step.
Leave a Comment