"I have been using Media Player Classic Home Cinema for years to play all kinds of videos and music without any problems. Such as the CDs, DVDs, VCDs purchased from my local store. But when I try to play digital movies purchased from iTunes, it is simply stuck there. What is wrong?"
Media Player Classic Home Cinema, also known as MPC-HC is a light weight and effective video player. It mimics the interface of Windows Media Player but has much more powerful features. Even if you are using an old-fashioned computer, it will still run smoothly. If you also enjoy MPC-HC, you may encounter similar problem mentioned above. Now let me help you explore the reasons and solution.
View also: Watch iTunes Movies on Windows Media Player
Part 1. Media Player Classic Review
Why MPC Is Great
Media Player Classic is created and maintained by a programmer named Gabest. This player is liked by most users for its great benefits:
1. MPC-HC has best support for videos. It plays nearly everything you throw at it including MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, ASX, WM, WMV, AVI, SWF, FLV, HEVC (H.265), 4K files. Also, with the new LAV filters in the latest version making it runs even more stable.
2. It has best audio support.You can play WAV files up to 96KHz/32bits and all standard formats MP3, M4A, FLAC, APE, Apple lossless and Windows lossless.
3. Best photo support. MPC-HC is not really made for images, but it displays BMP, TIFF, PNG, GIF well.
4. Easy to use interface. Media Player Classic has the similar design like Windows Media Player, you can easily control and customize the MPC when you use it for the first time.
Can It Play iTunes Videos
But similar to VLC and other third party players, it can't play iTunes M4V films either. This is because iTunes M4V are protected with the FairPlay DRM. Under this encryption, the official way to authorize and play the files is through iTunes and QuickTime.
Luckily, if you are tired of the iTunes and QuickTime, you can also try a M4V DRM removal tool to get rid of the protection.
DRmare M4V Converter for Mac/Windows is specially designed for enhancing the experience of watching iTunes movies. It reverses the iTunes DRM encryption and convert the M4V to new formats of files, making it possible to play the iTunes movies on any players again. The advantages it has compared to other competitors are the output quality is lossless and the converting speed is 20X faster.
View also: The Most Professional M4V Converter
Best Tool to Unlock iTunes M4V Videos
Part 2. Remove DRM and Convert iTunes Movie to MPC Compatible Format
Do you encounter the same dilemma that you have to use switch from from your MPC player for iTunes movies each time? No worries, to make your MPC-HC compatible with iTunes movies, all you need to do is to remove DRM from iTunes M4V movies. It takes only three steps.
- Step 1Import M4V movies or TV shows
- DRmare is designed to convert all kinds local movies. So before converting, please make sure you have downloaded the iTunes videos to your local computer completely first. And then you can drag & drop to import the files. Or you can click "Add Files" button to browse the media files.
- Step 2Edit iTunes M4V
- MPC-HC has full codec support, you can play any formats in theory. Just go ahead to click the output format icon and then pick up one format you like MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV. Besides, you can click the "Editing" icon to preview and edit the output files in real time. For example, you can adjust the playback speed, add a logo, cut to small parts, add a filter and so on.
- Step 3 Convert iTunes M4V to new videos
- At last, you can check all the settings and click "Convert" to start converting iTunes videos. The DRM protection will be removed completely and you will get new common videos in a short time depending how many files you convert. You can go ahead to play the output files on Media Player Classic Home Cinema or VLC, KMPlayer and so on.
Part 3. Alternatives to MPC-HC
Nowadays the media players such as iTunes and Windows Media Player are so bloated that they may take up a lot of resources and memory when running on your computers. The lightweight player MPC-HC is a best solution for it. If you like Media Player Classic, you can download the latest version 1.7.13 from MPC official website.
The short-coming is that MPC-HC is only available on Windows computers, no Mac version. In addition, after the version 1.7.13, the official team had discontinued the project. Though it still works well, no new versions will be released in future. For your convenience, I will recommend the following 3 best MPC-HC alternatives too.
VLC Media Player
This is another open source cross platforms media player, you can use it on your Windows, iPhone, Android, Mac, Linux. It supports to play all kinds of local videos like VCDs, DVDs, non-encrypted BluRay as well as streaming videos online.
It is a lightweight audio and video player which works on Windows, Mac and mobile devices. Like VLC, it supports a wide range of formats including AVI, ASF, WMV, AVS, MKV, FLV and so on. You can also check: How to Play iTunes Videos on KMPlayer.
BS.Player works so similar to the Media Player Classic that you can use it on any old computers with low configurations. And it only has the Windows version too. But it is still keep updating. This means you still has a best alternative to MPC-HC when it doesn't work in future.