How to Stream iTunes Movies via Emby Media Server
Q: Recently, I bought a big screen HD TV on my home to watch my videos on this home theatre system, since it's really an enjoyable thing to do that with a cup of coffee. Since I have purchased and rented tons of movies and TV shows from iTunes store before, I want to play these iTunes videos on my new HD TV. But I met some obstacles when I streamed these files to this TV via Emby Media Server that acts a wonderful streaming media player. Is there anyone who has a perfect solution to stream iTunes movies to TV via Emby Media Server?
Part 1. Detailed Introduction of Emby Media Server
Emby (also known as Media Brower formerly) is a powerful media server that is dedicated to make it easier to bring all of your videos, music as well as photos together to one device freely. That's to say, this powerful Emby Server is able to stream and transfer your media files to any device automatically. Featuring with the high compatibility, Emby mobile apps are available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phones, Android TV, and popular set-top boxes, such as Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, and more.
But one of the most disadvantages for Emby users is that you might be disappointed that you can't stream iTunes movies and TV shows to any devices, such as Android phones, smart TV, and so on, if you have a ton of iTunes library. Wait, the lucky news is that there is a simple yet professional solution for you to stream iTunes movies and TV shows to any device via Emby Media Server.
Part 2. Best iTunes to Emby Converter – Bypass DRM Protection from iTunes M4V Videos
Emby Media Server provides users a simple way to convert personal videos to portable devices, which allows you to access the latest movies and TV shows, also including Live TV.
However, since there is no iTunes application on Emby Server, you are not able to stream iTunes digital files to any devices with Emby Media Server. The other thing you should keep in mind is that iTunes videos are encrypted with Apple's FariPlay DRM copyright technology, which limits iTunes customers to enjoy iTunes video files on non-Apple devices and media players. For the purpose of making iTunes movies playable on Emby Server, you need to remove DRM protection from iTunes protected videos and convert iTunes M4V to common videos.
Because most of us are newbie in the field of getting rid of DRM limitation from movies and TV shows purchased and rented from iTunes, we all have no idea about how to break this annoying DRM cracker by ourselves. At this time, an excellent iTunes DRM removal tool is a smart choice for you to strip DRM protection.
Here, we highly recommend DRmare M4V Converter for Mac/Windows, an all-in-on iTunes DRM M4V converter. By adopting advanced DRM decryption, it can remove DRM restriction from both iTunes purchases and rentals at 30X faster speed and convert iTunes M4V videos to other multiple formats with zero quality loss, such as MP4, MOV, MP4G, MKV, AVI, etc.
Hence, you can keep all audio tracks and subtitles, including AC3 5.1 surround audios and closed captions in the converted iTunes videos. Plus, DRmare M4V Converter also allows you to customize your iTunes DRM M4V movies by changing the following parameters, like bit rate, frame rate, video size and so on.
Part 3. How to Comvert iTunes Movies to Emby Media Server
Since DRmare M4V Converter is available for Mac and Windows, you should prepare a computer to remove DRM protection and install DRmare M4V Converter on your computer firstly. Now, please read on this complete tutorial to convert iTunes DRM movies to common DRM-free video files with ease.
- Step 1Import iTunes DRM videos to DRmare
- There are two methods for you to upload iTunes protected movies and TV shows to DRmare. You can drag and drop downloaded iTunes videos to the main interface directly. Or you can choose the favorite iTunes digital files from iTunes library to DRmare one by one by touching the "Add Files" button at the bottom left corner of the main interface.
- Step 2Define output format for Emby Server
- Once you imported iTunes DRM M4V files successfully, you can click the "Format" option and then DRmare will pop up a new window, in which you can see various video formats for your choice. Here, we highly recommend MP4 as the output format, since it is compatible with Emby Media Converter fully.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert iTunes videos for Emby
- You are able to customize the destination folder by tapping the "Output" formats. If you don't want to do this, it will keep by default. Now, you just need to click the "Convert" option at the bottom right corner of main interface, and DRmare M4V Converter will start to remove DRM protection and convert iTunes M4V videos to common MP4 files.
Once conversion process finishes, you can find out converted iTunes DRM-free files on target folder and add them to Emby Server. After that, you are able to stream iTunes movies and TV shows to any devices via Emby Media Server freely.